Zelda OoT: How to choose which items (Quest, Equipment or otherwise) you wish to obtain from (MOST) NPC's

Three_Pendants

Three (and others i.e. Strati, Airikita, mzx, etc), we should make a personal section on Z64 wiki for you; you have documented so many things that no one has ever really looked into that I would think it all worthy if its own sort-of database... that way we don't have to read through so many forum posts :)

Hmm, you do bring up a good point, but at the same time I would like to try and encourage other people to contribute as much as possible as well. While the wiki is great, it is behind the scenes and people will often not see the work until they stumble across it. However to store all of the acquired information into (likely many) pages of the wiki is a worthy cause as well. I guess if there's no issue with us having as many pages to work with on the wiki (lest it end up as a cluttered mess), then that is a strong recommendation. I guess I have spread things out quite a bit, over many different threads, eh heh.

https://www.the-gcn.com/topic/1867-zelda-oot-how-to-choose-which-items-quest-equipment-or-otherwise-you-wish-to-obtain-from-most-npcs/?p=37992

A while back I posted on how the items correlate to their action modifiers and it didn't take a genius to figure out that it was in order of this...

http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/Ocarina_of_Time_Item_Codes

List, but I've now found another crucial piece of information (which was likely obvious to the more learned among you) in that the item identifier like the Deku Sticks 00, and Deku Nuts 01, Bombs 02, etc was reading a value of 3F403C + the Item Identifier. The last valid value is 003D, the Giant's Knife, until you reach 55 which is also, by design, a 3D in a line of code. Though there is one thing I failed to note in this post is that after the swords were two 00's. I thought "What makes it so that these two can't be used as items?" The item identifier sets them as the Deku Shield and Hylian Shield (but that can be changed... maybe) Now when you go to use them, nothing happens normally and then in a moment of "duh!" it's because the values read 00, which is "put sword away". What you would then is fill the values to make them do something. You could add two of the three Beta Arrows with this, but of course you would need a dedicated spot... and something that writes the Deku Shield/Hylian Shield to inventory rather than Equipment and change the graphics for the inventory items Deku Shield/Hylian Shield.

In RAM this is at 0x3D3904 an LB which is 3F403C + XX = Action Parameter.

In addition to this bit of information is some extra information on Healing and Hurting.

0xAFD140 - 24050010 - Healing amount of a Heart.
0xBE5DDC - 2405FFFC - (1/4 of Heart, Arow_Trap's damage?)
0xBEDDFC - 24050004 - (1/4 Heart of healing?)
0xBE5E1C - 2405FFF0 - (1 Heart of Damage. (Did not correspond to a warp damage, fall damage, or Poe drinking damage.)
0xBE5E38 - 24050010 - (1 Heart of healing(?))

0018 ovl_En_Elf Fairy

0xDB9FF8 - 24050080 - Healing amount of a Fairy.

0000 ovl_player_Actor Link

0xC1D9F8 - 2406FFF0 - Poe Drinking Damage (can be made into Healing by changing FFF0 to 00XX)
-----------------------------------------

And here's some nifty information on the Lens of Truth for those who want it to be more punishing or more lenient.

XXXX code.zasm

0xAFF140 - 24190050 - Amount of frames that will pass before 1 MP is deducted by using the Lens of Truth (after initial time value)
0xAFF144 - 25F8FFFF - Amount of MP that each tick costs while using Lens of Truth (1 MP) NOTE: The game has no way to tell when the counter should be 0 if you use a value that will not hit 0 it will reset the magic meter to A Lot.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.