The Adventures of Lolo Series

Shadow Fire

LoloChallengeTitle.png

Gamemaster: Shadow Fire

Posted Image

REMAINING TIME

TIME HAS EXPIRED!

Posted Image

You are all hereby challenged to play the three games in the Adventures of Lolo series.

For those of you not in the know, the Lolo games are based on the Eggerland puzzle series, which was released in Japan in the 80s. Adventures of Lolo is a compilation of various Eggerland puzzles, released on the Nintendo Entertainment System, in an attempt to introduce the series to the West. The game was so well received, it received two sequels. However, the first title was not released in Japan, due to it being a compilation of previous puzzles. In Japan, Adventures of Lolo 2 was simply Adventures of Lolo, with the Western version of Lolo 3 being Japan's Lolo 2. The Japanese games were modified to be more difficult, and trust me, they are.

However, for the sake of this challenge, only the US versions are to be used.

Posted Image

CONTENTS

The download pack will contain the following:

The Adventures of Lolo [*]The Adventures of Lolo 2 [*]The Adventures of Lolo 3 [*]VirtualNES [*]A copy of the rules and some info [*]3 text files, titled after their respective game, for you to record your times, date of completion, and any comments you may have for each game

Posted Image

RULES

There will be a few rules in place to allow for a fair go:

[*]You must complete all 3 games. Each game must be completed in a full, single run, for a total of 3 runs. Upon completion of each run, you must record the time it took you to complete that run. [*]The clock must be initiated upon pressing START, stopping only once the screen locks into place and the words THE END are shown. [*]No save states are to be used. [*]You are not permitted to use passwords. Passwords are given in Lolo/Lolo 2 upon loss of all 5 lives. However, you can still continue from the exact level you left off. Even upon earning a GAME OVER, time must keep ticking while you select CONTINUE. [*]No game guides are permitted to be used, aside from the original instruction manuals which can be found online. [*]Sound must be enabled, and playing clearly for you. For the best experience, the music and sounds are necessary. [*]External controllers are permitted, to make things easier (or harder, depending on your setup). [*]Do not post your times here. Instead, send me a PM with the provided text files, subject name being Adventures of Lolo Challenge.

The community challenge will have a deadline: 10:00PM on October 1, 2012 (Australian Eastern Standard Time). You can use an online timezone converter to find out when exactly that is in your timezone, or simply look at the provided countdown timer above.

Posted Image

PRIZE

The person with the fastest overall time (determined when combining all 3 runs) will be awarded with a prize. In addition, if the #1 place has a lower time than myself, I will also throw in a $10 prize (providing said user has PayPal).

Posted Image

CONTENDERS

[*]wolfkid12 [*]ZethN64 (WINNER)

Posted Image

DOWNLOAD

To download the pack and get started, click here.

Download, and enjoy! Good luck!

Easy. I'm a pro at all three games, and have already completed them all. I expect people to make mistakes, and if the times are off, I'll know they likely cheated. It's more of a trust thing.

Oh, and since I'm hosting this, I won't be entering. I just wanted to record my times.

I didn't say i would participate, I said I might. I looked into it and since I couldn't figure out how I was meant to record time, I decided that I wouldn't. Sorry for the confusion.

Find yourself a stopwatch, and once you've pressed START on the title screen, start the timer. Once you see the words THE END after beating the game, pause the timer, and write down the total time. Don't forget, it has to be a full run, so if you stop playing at all during the game, you will have to start all over again from the beginning.

i cant record this on fraps and my pc isn't beast enough to live steam.....how would i prove my time and stuff?

You don't need to prove your times. Just send me a PM with them once they're finished. Trust me, I will know if they are legitimate.

...and hurry... there's just over 5 days to go, to beat all 3 games.