Ocarina of Time Link's 2nd voice actor ?

Hayate

Hello guys !

I've been searching some informations about the Ocarina of Time Link's 2nd voice actor but I can't find anything now :o I seen a video some times ago with three footages that showed the three voice actors (the first one is the Japanese one from the "Live Everything" VHS, the second one that I'm searching was a lower pitched one and the third one (the final one).

Have you any informations or videos about that second voice actor ?

Merci beaucoup and vive Ocarina of Time ! :)

As long as I know, the Hero of Time (OoT Link) is only voiced by 2 persons: Fujiko Takimoto (child) and Nobuyuki Hiyama (retarded adult).

Those are the final version voice actors, there were two voice actors (maybe more but just two known voice actors) in some beta versions of the game.

Can't really contribute much either, but I'm not sure if we can even figure out who those previous voice actors were. Link's voice clips aren't exactly long or distinct enough to compare them to the works of other VAs, so unless we find some mention from that timeframe regarding Link's VA that isn't Fujiko Takimoto or Nobuyuki Hiyama, we're out of luck.

Also, something else to consider, what if the VAs themselves actually didn't change, but only changed their tone/pitch/etc? Granted, I don't think I've heard Takimoto or Hiyama in other roles so far (unlike Navi's Kaori Mizuhashi, who I've heard in 4+ different roles in anime by now) so I can't really judge their ability to change the sound of their voices. However, there are Japanese VAs with quite a voice range, maybe those to belong to that group as well?

Adult Link in OoT is child-minded (due to he was in coma for 7 years), and his voice acting reflects this (the high pitch, somewhat estrange sound (ie: yawning), etc).

Do you have any damn idea what retarded even means, or not? I am going to let you know right now how much your ignorance on the subject offends enrages the evil inner fanboyish inside me?

Edited by ZethN64
just for lulz

Actually, in that instance, the use of the word retarded does make sense, since his body aged but his mind wasn't conscious of it. To retard something means to slow it down, and in Link's case, his mind actually stopped for a while. At least, that's what we deduce from dialogue. But we're getting offtopic.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.