;lkajskldjfjlk OOT NFRS CART!!!

Zeth Ryder

I'll take a look into getting those sometime, xdaniel. Any recommendations for a place to procure such supplies? I know I could check amazon, ebay, etc, but I want to know from people who have actually gotten this stuff before I go throwing money at the screen.

wanna buy mine ill sell it to you for some crack*

just pay the shipping and i will fedex you my gameshark if i can find it 

That sounds good. How much would the shipping be? Would it come with the cable needed or would I still need to get that? I need to plan ahead.

I would suggest to go to romhacking.net for that sort of thing (old gamesharks). The people over there are very knowledgeable in this regard and are a kind and unassuming sort from what I have experienced of them.

If all else fails, I would have no issue with this.

Ouch. That's a bummer. :/

But wait, I read something on another site that says this:
"What you need
- Nintendo 64 console
- Game cartridge to back up
- PC with a Windows operating system (working on an alternative with winetricks - will update)
- An open DB-25 LPT printer port (or USB to LPT adapter if your PC doesn't have one)
- GameShark Pro device, v3.2 or higher (correct version important!)
- LPT printer cable (male to female)
- Game Software Code Creator software
- WinROM 64 software

The Backup Process

- Unpack Game Software Code Creator somewhere on your computer
- Insert the GameShark Pro into the N64 Console
- Plug the game cartridge you want to back up, into the top of the GameShark Pro
- Connect the LPT cable between your PC and the back of the GameShark Pro
- Launch Game Software Code Creator (gscc.exe in the unpacked folder)
- Navigate to "File" --> "Configuration", and choose Nintendo 64 for the system
- Power up the N64 Console
- Press "AutoDetect Settings" (if autodetect fails, enter your LPT settings manually)
- Press "Save"
- Navigate to "Ram Edit" --> "Open Window"
- Click "Dump Cartridge Rom"
- Press "Yes" after reading and agreeing to use the ROM for backup purposes ONLY
- Wait for the backup to complete (anywhere from 15 minutes to a couple hours, depending on the game)
- Process will often stall unexpectedly for no apparent reason.  If so, start over (may take several attempts)
- Launch WinROM64
- Convert the generated .rom backup to a usable .v64 ROM file."

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have the money right now, but if someone were willing to send me said ROM Cart and get this adapter, I'd be able to dump it.

EDIT:

I'm a dipshit >.>

EDIT2:

Just to clear up any doubts, I have no desire to keep the Cart, I don't collect them and I have nowhere to put it, basically all I'd do is pull it out of the packaging, dump it and stamp it "Return To Sender," all on the same day.

Edited by Antidote

I don't have any money right now, but if someone were to be able to send me said sandwich and get me a bag of chips, I'd eat be able to eat them.

/jk   Seriously though Antidote, that was like, really stupid asking someone to send you a $400 game and the equipment to dump it. Or rather, someone would have to be a complete moron to trust you enough to do it...

I don't have any money right now, but if someone were to be able to send me said sandwich and get me a bag of chips, I'd eat be able to eat them.

/jk   Seriously though Antidote, that was like, really stupid asking someone to send you a $400 game and the equipment to dump it. Or rather, someone would have to be a complete moron to trust you enough to do it...

I don't see it as stupid, Antidote has the tools to dump it minus the adapter. I'd say he's very trustworthy. We chat plenty, and I seriously deny he would wrong-do anyone.

• Like 2

I don't see it as stupid, Antidote has the tools to dump it minus the adapter. I'd say he's very trustworthy. We chat plenty, and I seriously deny he would wrong-do anyone.

No, it's really stupid. It costs like $20 to buy or make the equipment to dump it yourself. No one in their right mind would mail a $400 game to someone else under the conditions of "trust me, I won't keep it."

I place a lot of trust in my friends, but I would never mail them something cross-country that cost me half a grand expecting to get it back. That's one of those things that when it bites you in the ass all you can do is blame yourself.

You think I'd charge nothing for using my equipment? The cost of a plugin is negligible compared to what some people charge. Some guy on Assesmbler was  charging 50$ a game, and for some games even more than that.

On top of that it was AN OFFER, just that nothing more, why do you make it seem like I was trying to rob the guy blind? And publicly at that? If he said no, I would have said ok and left it at that. You had no need to come in here and say something asinine to try and make my post look stupid.

Okay guys, let's not get our feathers all roughed up please. I appreciate your offer, Antidote, and I will keep it in mind just in case, but I will have to humbly decline for now. It's not that I don't trust you, it's just that I already planned on getting tools of my own eventually. I prefer to do things myself. It makes the experience more rewarding. :)

• Like 5

Okay guys, let's not get our feathers all roughed up please. I appreciate your offer, Antidote, and I will keep it in mind just in case, but I will have to humbly decline for now. It's not that I don't trust you, it's just that I already planned on getting tools of my own eventually. I prefer to do things myself. It makes the experience more rewarding. :)

Crap, I was willing to pitch in the $20 to get it done already.

But I agree, it is more rewarding to do it all on your own.  Just please be careful and don't fry a $400 cart.  Many people are counting on you right now, don't let them down!

• Like 1

He's wanting to do it himself he said.  Otherwise, I'd be glad to put together everything he would need, and send to him rather than him send the cart out to be dumped.

But I am just a little worried.  If I recall correctly, didn't gameshark require you use a "key code" in order to use Ocarina of TIme?  It's been ages since I had one, I owned both 2.3 and 3.3.  I remember having to use another cart to "boot" the Game Shark.  After that, you would choose a "key code" and it had to match your version of Ocarina of Time.  I mean, would the Game Shark even work with a unrecognized version of the cart to dump it in the first place?

The GameShark keycodes relate to the CIC lockout chip in the cartridges, not specific versions of specific games. Every N64 Zelda game uses the same CIC (6105?), which is also used by some other non-Zelda games. So, as long as he's got a game with the "standard" lockout chip (Super Mario 64's, the 6102, which the majority of games used, I believe) to initially boot the GS with, he should be fine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.