A New Look!

Shadow Fire

Welcome, one and all, back to The GCN!

I apologise for the time it took to get back online, but this upgrade was quite extensive, plus there was the fact that Zeth wanted me to modify the skin that we have by default.Now, the changes are:

• Full website intergration. As such, the original URL of http://core.the-gcn.com is no longer valid. Any use of that URL will redirect you to the main domain. You will be logged in entirely, and your user group will determine which pages you get access to. Currently, all users (excluding banned, but including guests) have access to all pages, but this will change as more are added.
  • Internal download system. Community members can upload their own files (2MB maximum), for sharing throughout the community. All files submitted will be subject to approval. In addition, all official GCN sanctioned files, such as administrator projects and other miscellaneous content will also be found within. Support topics are automatically created for each download submitted.
  • A new look. Yes, you will notice that our default look has changed significantly. Please bear in mind that I am still making some slight edits to this skin, so please be patient. I know it's not perfectly colour co-ordinated for the moment, but I am working on rectifying that.
  • Avatars/Photos, as well as profile information and signatures have been reverted. You will need to reset them. This is due to the new system's way of parsing.
  • Social media linking is now more readily available in the default look. You can combine your account with your Facebook or Twitter account and follow us easily. You can even Like a post.
  • Sakura has been reinstated as an administrator.
Unfortunately, this upgrade has seen us need to remove a few features, such as the Xbox Live plugin, and a couple of BBCode, but those may make a return in the future, providing upgrades can be made to them.

If you find any bugs, simply announce them in the Bug Tracker. You can find it under the More tab.

I hope you enjoy the new look!

• Like 1

Guest sakura

Everything looks really good! Thanks a lot for all the time you put in to maintaining this community, everyone really appreciates it.

• Like 1

Now that I got that font issue sorted out - "Segoe" doesn't exist on XP, copied them over from my W7 laptop; tho I'm still wondering why Firefox decided to fall back onto Lucida Console or whatever it was -, this is looking very nice. Some of the text is a bit dark IMO like the usernames above posts, but I really like how everything, understandably excluding the Ura Project, is integrated into one layout with one theme now. Nice job! :)

• Like 1

I don't wanna be the guy, but... well, losing signatures and profile information isn't too bad, but our private messages? May I ask that we're informed of such things in advance the next time such an upgrade happens? In fact, I had no idea that we were going to lose anything, come to think of it. Did I just miss the message, was it not planned for that to happen, or what was it?

I don't wanna be the guy, but... well, losing signatures and profile information isn't too bad, but our private messages? May I ask that we're informed of such things in advance the next time such an upgrade happens? In fact, I had no idea that we were going to lose anything, come to think of it. Did I just miss the message, was it not planned for that to happen, or what was it?

Oh... I knew there was something I forgot to import. I'll get onto those...

Done.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.