Megaupload Gets Shut Down By Feds

cloud1414

FBI, MPAA, etc.. got butt-hurt about the petitions so the day after they go after MegaUpload.

They're also under the delusion that people protested these bills due to piracy or wanting to be able to still pirate, but that wasn't the case at all. The bills were petitioned because they were written by an idiot trying to censor everything they didn't like regardless of the reason.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/justice-fbi-crack-megaupload/story?id=15396526#.TxisuYGlNK0

Isnt this their new site? http://www.megavideo.bz/

Nevermind fake site.

*sigh* the internet is going to be cesored it seems. Along with this site as it has plenty of N64 copyright all over it. It was nice to be with you guys, pirates are probably going to download all the content while they can lol. Oh well, its not going to stop piracy and is just a waste of time and money. I will never buy any game again unless its a darn good one. Thank you you selfish ignorant government.

Are you kidding? Seriously? MegaUpload gets shut down instead of RapidShare? They have WAY more illegal downloads than any other site. That's the only reason anyone pays for it.

As long as ifile is still up, I don't see any reason to get more outraged than normal. ifile and MediaFire are the only worthwhile file sharing sites, in my not-so-humble opinion.

I believe that the reason they were able to take down Megaupload instead of say, The PirateBay, is because megauplaod, while not centered in the U.S, did have some servers and stuff in the U.S. ThePirateBay is run entirely overseas. I'm not sure, but I would imagine it is the same way with Rapidshare and others.

As long as a website is run entirely out of the U.S., they can't touch it. there is still hope guys

I believe that the reason they were able to take down Megaupload instead of say, The PirateBay, is because megauplaod, while not centered in the U.S, did have some servers and stuff in the U.S. ThePirateBay is run entirely overseas. I'm not sure, but I would imagine it is the same way with Rapidshare and others.

As long as a website is run entirely out of the U.S., they can't touch it. there is still hope guys

Ah, but the owner and staff were in NZ, while their service is based in Hong Kong. Both countries are part of the British Commonwealth, while USA is not. America had no jurisdiction, but NZ justice are also equally retarded for granting a request like that.

To be entirely fair, Anonymous DDoSing their websites means very little. It's an attack that has almost no bite at all. If Anon wants to get any attention, they'd need to do something a little more permanent. Personally, I think a global ad-hoc network is the way to go. Like torrenting, but on a larger scale.

Ummm... *sniff* SOPA was refused!!! And MegaUpload's creators made money on a lot of their piracy.

Actually, SOPA isn't dead yet. Since the President refused it, it's been under review, being edited, so it's still holding on, barely. There's a new bill in Europe called ACTA, which basically does the same thing as SOPA/PIPA, however if it gets passed, other countries will be able to sign on to it and adopt its laws.

Basically, we've got three things to worry about, however, if I know the internet at all, none of these will pass.

Edit: Four things. Here, read this: http://thenextweb.com/insider/2012/01/23/sopa-and-pipa-aside-here-are-the-next-two-grievous-affronts-to-your-privacy/

â–º Malqua'" data-cid="18419" data-time="1327384833">

Basically, we've got three things to worry about, however, if I know the internet at all, none of these will pass.

Yeah but these aren't on the internet, they're in the "real" world.

I think I know what you mean, that the people who care about the internet will ralley together against these laws. If that is what you were getting at, I hope you're right.

Yeah but these aren't on the internet, they're in the "real" world.

I think I know what you mean, that the people who care about the internet will ralley together against these laws. If that is what you were getting at, I hope you're right.

Yes, it is. I'm hoping the people who use the internet will band together to fight this real-world enemy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.