Drawings of a dream I had

Kargaroc

Well... it seems that I have been utterly fascinated by the Alpha Outset Island minimap, and, pathetically, I drempt about it.

I drempt that there was a early Wind Waker kiosk demo, and that I was able to find a disk of it. In the dream, the disk went all the way back to 1998 (no doubt inspired by very early Half-Life 2 screens from 1998). So I turned it on, and a partial map of an old version of Outset Island, came up, with some japanese text in the center. This was apparently the logo. The background was a wood texture.

There was text under that that said "press start to begin" or something like that. So I did, and I found myself on a pier, much like the final version. I walked to the beach was almost completely different (imagine the VrTest beach, just less steep). There was a grey/purple stone house to my right. The ground had a bunch of smashed wood and other wreckage for some reason. Someone was in the doorway. It felt like this was a tour or something.

I walked over the bridge, and I notice a small hill with a strange square thing on it. There is a house next to me, sticking out the cliff. That's when I noticed that the hud suggested that the A button was the sword. So I pressed it, and Link threw his sword, and the game froze :D

I restart, and I go over to the house, which I find out is actually a laboratory. I go inside, and I find a nicely lit room with wooden floors and walls. There was a window next to a desk with some cooking stuff on it. To the left of me was a small alcove with a curtain covering it. So I walk back out, and I go back over to where the hill was.

I notice that the pathway to the top has some sidling tracks along it. There was no lookout tower at all.

So after I wake up, I draw it. This is the closest I could draw it.

Posted Image

The map on the upper right is the interior of the stone house.

The part where the forest is at the top is partially made up, as I never actually got far enough to see it.

EDIT:

Posted Image

:D

Kargaroc, there is nothing pathetic about this. Years ago, as a kid, I was plagued with dreams on an awesome(beta?) version of Star Fox 64.

It was highly expanded from the original, and even the remake we have now. I remember the vivid, vivid "footage" from my head. It was amazing.

Now, when I say I was plagued, I mean in the sense that I would never, under any circumstances, get to play it. Man, it looked amazing. I'll draw out pictures later today and share in my own topic. I feel you'd find this interesting. Now, enough about me, and more on your dream:

This definitely sounds interesting, and it's almost a bit creepy. Although creepy, this is pretty cool. :D

I once dreamt about playing an OoT proto, walking around a totally different Kokiri Forest. The village itself was very, very small and compressed as opposed to the final version, and was overlooking the Deku Tree's grove, which was lower than the rest of the area. So yeah, nothing unheard or to be ashamed of or anything :D

A couple weeks ago I had a dream that I was playing the BETA Zelda 64. I've always been interested of the BETA, so when I woke up, I was bummed :D . But the dream was surprisingly realistic, bearing much resemblance to the early screen shots of the BETA. That dream inspired me to start a project I am currently working on and will be giving more information on some time in the future.

The Wind Waker demo dream sounds cool yet very strange, though that is what I like about dreams :D

• 3 months later...

I guess that the best thing I could do is bump this post as it's related to what I have to say.

There won't be any drawings though this time. Not yet anyway. If you see the Outset Island map pictures above, I think that one of my friends who is really good at Maya and 3D in general could make a model of that island!

If we ever get a maya/3DS/whatever to BDL and a dzb maker, I could try and put it in the game.

Anyway, what was the reason I bumped this post?

I had another Wind Waker prototype dream.

In the proto in this dream, there actually was multiple maps, instead of just just Outset Island. The other maps include a version of Kokiri Forest (?!?) that looked alot like Minecraft, but not really verbatim. Like, the general map was minecraft like, but things weren't locked on a grid. The sky was blue and for some reason, it was encased in Minecraft style glass.

THere were several glass boxes outside of the map, which were parts of the puzzle. Apparently these other rooms were actually left in the final game, unused :) But the actual Kokiri forest was removed.

As for Outset Island... well it wasn't really the actual model, so I don't know about how it was colored. What it was is a beach model, which just so happened to have all of an old version of Outset Island's geometry. It was closer more faithful to the original Outset model, though it still had vast differences when compared to what actually exists :) There actually wasn't any house on the left island (unlike the other dream), but the path up to the bridge was very different.

The platform with the rocks (next to the bridge) wasn't connected with the path, was longer and had a hole on it as if it was originally the enterance to the savage labyrinth. I didn't get much views of the right side of the island, though I noticed geometry differences. The island was less round, closer in form to the previous dream's Outset, though it wasn't exactely like it.

I wonder if I should make a minimap of this as well...

Your new goal in life is to recreate this map. GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO

I've had prototype map/rom dreams of Ocarina of Time before (although I literally went on a 12 hour bender hacking Ocarina of Time before going to bed), so I wouldn't say it's pathetic (or if it is, most of the guys here are apparently in the same boat as you, haha).

I once had a dream that my copy of Ocarina of Time has haunted. Everything seemed normal at first. I had just entered the Temple of Time. When young Link pulled the master sword, he became adult Link like normal. Suddenly, he was being choked to death by some crazy demonic looking thing. Then once it killed link, it jumped out of my TV before I woke up... :)

I remember having a dream or two about beta WW stuff.

One was that I found this test area with Jabun. He was just repeating his 'rising from the ocean' animation, but when I jumped into the (clear) water, he started chasing me (Link, that is) around like an enemy. Then he suddenly opened a portal from Metroid Prime 2 and threw Link into Sanctuary Fortress. Weird.

Then there was another thing I don't quite remember... all I remember thinking during the dream was, 'Wow, I need to tell those guys (you all here) about this!!'

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.