Possible MM Multiplayer?

Gazpacho146

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem. I'm going to hit the sack for tonight, It's pretty late on my end. Hopefully I'll get around to working on the mod sometime tomorrow and if not then sometime this coming week. I'll post back here once me and Gazpacho have some updates for you guys.

Yep. We're just going to aim to get them to spawn. But if their objects all exist in one scene, then they just might be able to co-exist in game.

I'm really hoping this'll work. I messaged Jmanx on youtube, asking him if he'd be able to do the same thing he did with OoT's 4 player patch.

Currently awaiting an answer! But it may be difficult for the color changing. as to do that, you have to modify the actual rom itself. So, not quite sure how it'll turn out, but i'm hopeful :)

No, it was a plain old rom. The USA version of MM, to be exact.

I downloaded the European version of MM and it works, the tite screen logo won't show up though but that is only due to Rice's video plugin. It can still be used. I'm going out to eat now, when I get back I'll give the debugger a go.

I'm having quite a bit of trouble. For one, none of the hex addresses mentioned in spinouts code turn out anything when I search them for whatever reason (this is OoT I'm speaking of). And even if I were to find any of the values, I haven't a clue how I'd go about finding what it does in the rom itself or how to figure out what the equivilent of it is in MM.

I'm having quite a bit of trouble. For one, none of the hex addresses mentioned in spinouts code turn out anything when I search them for whatever reason (this is OoT I'm speaking of). And even if I were to find any of the values, I haven't a clue how I'd go about finding what it does in the rom itself or how to figure out what the equivilent of it is in MM.

You're going to addresses mentioned in the code? Try downloading 2 regular debug roms, patch one with the 4 player patch, then open both in a hex editor and go to the addressed mentioned, and see if there are any differences in the code

• 2 months later...

Studying RAW assembly code with absolutely no comments or knowledge of which routine/function does what or which addresses hold which data can be kind of overwhelming unless you know the address for a certain beneficial routine (like the navi spawning routine) and where exactly in the actor file it is jumped to.

To tell you the truth, you would probably have a much easier time understanding how to go about doing this if you studied the source for the 2player hack created by spinout. The reason for this is because it's written in C and is a hell of alot easier to understand than straight up MIPS assembly. Once you understand what exactly is going on within the source code, all you need to do is set up gcc to compile for MIPS r4300-i.

http://spinout182.com/2player/

...and

http://code.google.com/p/gzrt/wiki/Nintendo64ToolchainSetup

Just sayin'

er... I kind of prefer the 4-player hack over the 2-player :)

But, It's worth a shot. a good knowledge of ASM is required too, right?

True, true. But once you understand how the 2 player hack works, you could possibly modify the source code to include 2 other Link players.

Also, you don't really need to know any assembly language for making a hack in C unless you plan to use inline assembly or to create a short and simple hook.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.