How do I decompress the OoT Debug Rom?

PJC92

Question

6 answers to this question

Decompress the Debug ROM? It's already decompressed. Do you mean extract all files from it, resulting in spot00_room_0, object_sk2, etc., etc.? If it's that, several programs can do that, OZMAV2 for example. Open the ROM in OZMAV2 and type "extract" in the console.

Yeah, I just realized that. Basically, what I'm really trying to figure out is how to inject modded files into the debug rom without braking it.

Put them back where they belong. If their size changed, fix any pointers which used to point to them. If you moved around a resource in that file which is referenced by code somewhere else in the game (i.e. the engine or an overlay), be sure to fix those pointers so that they point to the relocated resource(s).

Why dont you just use the automatic debug rom file injector i have it;s link here.

http://www.glitchkill.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ootmod&action=display&thread=4957

If not simply in a hex editor inject into free space such as 035CE040 and repoint its offsets to its new beggining and end as in start 035CE040- ????????

Basicly thats would be injecting it.If you read the tuts like where jason777 tell you how to make custom models and swords he also says how to inject in the proccess.

Why dont you just use the automatic debug rom file injector i have it;s link here.

http://www.glitchkill.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ootmod&action=display&thread=4957

If not simply in a hex editor inject into free space such as 035CE040 and repoint its offsets to its new beggining and end as in start 035CE040- ????????

Basicly thats would be injecting it.If you read the tuts like where jason777 tell you how to make custom models and swords he also says how to inject in the proccess.

Yep, it's pretty simple with both the auto injector and Jason777's tut :P For the injector, you just have to make sure both modded files' bytes are not larger than the map you're replacing, and there's some fixing to do after that :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.