Real Ura Zelda found.

Twili

Sources and quotes:

http://imgur.com/gallery/9oBOUjA

I received 2 N64 Development Disks - One Titled è£ - URA

9oBOUjA.jpg

So this won't mean much to many, but The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time was in part being developed for the Nintendo 64 Disk Drive, something that never saw light here in North America. In the code, you can find info about the disk drive and that is about all; the missing part was the disk. Generally, these things are destroyed or probably sitting in Miyamoto's house, collecting dust, 'cause dats how Nintendo roll'.

Today, I have received that holy grail of my video game collecting, and perhaps everyone else in the world. This is a culmination of 15 years searching, tracking down developers, programmers, hell even mail clerks, to find information. When all was for naught, a designer who worked with Eiji Aonuma gave me a gift. Gave means I paid for, handsomely. So, just thought I would share this wonderful, wonderful gift to the world! Time to load this in the disk drive and pop a video up

http://forum.pj64-emu.com/showthread.php?t=5195

After talking to a few people on Reddit and getting in touch with Luigiblood (bsxproj.superfamicom.org/64dd/dump/) - I have decided not to play with these carts anymore, and have someone professionally look at these. I received two dev carts and two blue disks, one is a LOZ OOT early beta, and the other looks like an early Majora's Mask. OOT has no music and a different opening and sprite of Link, says Copyright 1997, but crashes right away. The Majora starts with the desert temple theme-ish music and has a large moon in the sky, which then pans down to a large fire and Navi pulling child Link backwards and then goes black. It then proceeds to freeze as well.

OOT doesn't go anywhere, and I've tried a few times, and it's awesome. The Majora's I've plugged away at a bit, and a debug screen came up, but that's as far as it goes. It should be noted, I do not have a dev DD, only a regular Japanese one. I am posting a few videos and more pictures to my Imgur. Enjoy and if you have any ideas, let me know! We are trying to get these dumped without any more risk of damage. It's been suggested that this could be close to raw C, and compiled only to go on the cart to test, and that would be the major hope!

<Seru-kun> "The game loads up to a title screen like I've never seen (Distorted colors, no music, strange looking Link, no Epona) and says copyright 1997. Upon start it comes to a debug BUT the disk just spins and an error comes up!"

Now we wait for the ROM to tear apart...

• Like 7

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It was fake. The image is a cropped and slightly edited version of another image elsewhere.

If I recall correctly, the image had been proven fake even before this thread was created. Very quickly after it spread it was shut down as a hoax.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.