Izou Zelda Spider

Jason777

Original topic: http://forums.zelda64.net/index/

I had noticed a lot of people were asking for the spider to be extracted from the original Izou Zelda mod and released as a standalone patch for people to use. I had worked pretty closely with Flotonic when making this enemy (I was in charge of practically all changes related to enemy AI and he was in charge of model/animation creation) so I knew what all needed to be ported.

Thankfully, none of the files that were modified exceeded the original file size. This makes thing quite easy for any modder who wants to use this enemy in without risking overwriting anything you have in free space. Enjoy!

Download the PPF patch

View detailed information about the Izou Zelda spider

As a note, this spider replaces the ReDead actor. As such, in order to use this enemy you must place actor 0x0090 on a map and ensure that object 0x0098 is loaded.

Actor and Object replacing empty slots (does not overwrite the ReDead actor):

Download Link:http://www.mediafire.com/download/f24reag96ume0zf/patch.ppf

When inserting into maps,

Actor ID: 0x3

Object ID: 0x4

The files are inserted into the actor table, the object table and the main file table.

They are located just after the final entry in the ROM.

If different offsets are needed, I can post another patch.

Izou_Spider.png
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for reviving this thread, but does anyone know how you would export models (with the animations attached) from TP/WW into a useable format such that they could be used with Model2N64 or similar?

Yes I know the models would probably need to have the polygon count lowered as well as the textures downsized - that can be done easily enough.

Also, would it be ok for me to post a link to a patch with the spider overwriting an empty actor slot and object slot (with the zovl and zobj in the blank space at the end of the rom)?

I think it would be a nice thing for people to have.

Oh definitely, that sounds useful. I was originally for that idea, but I didn't want the patch causing any conflicts with other mods that might have been placed in free space. Anyways, If you post it then I'll just modify the opening post to include a link to your patch as well.

Download Link:http://www.mediafire.com/download/f24reag96ume0zf/patch.ppf

When inserting into maps,

Actor ID: 0x3
Object ID: 0x4

The files are inserted into the actor table, the object table and the main file table.

They are located just after the final entry in the ROM.

If different offsets are needed, I can post another patch.

0x80AE2400 0x80AE48A0 (Just some offsets for me to remember if I do)

BTW: Is there a nice way of finding the RAM init of an actor as well as the start location just by looking at the actor itself? (And not by looking at the actor table because that needs to be written to)

not sure what you're asking for exactly. Do you mean like where the actor file is loaded in memory (when it's loaded), or an actor instance? Where the common struct is located or something entirely different?

I also don't see any logical reason for why anyone couldn't use the actor table.

So when I was importing it into the actor table, I had to go and look up the values used for the redead actor and wondered how it would be done for a generic actor that was custom made or something.

Yes I meant where in ram it gets loaded to and then where in ram the instance initialization values are.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.