How to reroute a texture via hex?

FixtySour

Question

7 answers to this question

I'm just starting to learn some of this stuff. Perhaps you need to modify an FD command?

801c73c8:fd18009f-0600a500: gsDPSetTextureImage(G_IM_FMT_RGBA, G_IM_SIZ_32b, 160, 0x0600a500(0x80367a80)),
801c7730:fd900000-06024c00: gsDPSetTextureImage(G_IM_FMT_I, G_IM_SIZ_16b, 1, 0x06024c00(0x80382180)),

I've never used an FD command before, so I wouldn't know how to use or correctly modify one. It looks like it's using RAM offsets, too, and If that's the case I don't know how I'd find the RAM offsets for any of the textures I'll be using.

I still don't know how to use an FD command. Is it dealt with through ASM rather than hex? I was asking about a way to reroute textures through hex like you would with a DE command. If it's not possible to do through hex I'd need someone to tell me how to use an FD command.

Can't remember where I found this, but I think it was made by Flotonic:

FD Command:

Format:
FD TT 00 00 BB XX XX XX
TT = Texture Type
BB = Texture Bank
XX XX XX = Location of Texture in whatever the bank is

Description:
It makes your model look pretty with textures! :D

Example:
You find this in a Display List:
FD 48 00 00 04 01 17 80
Compare to format:
FD TT 00 00 BB XX XX XX

You're probably like "OHH MY GOSH!!!! BB IS 04 AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS!" Smart people refer to the BANK LISTING. 04 signals that the texture is located in and loaded from gameplay_keep. You'd change the bank to 06 if you're changing it to use a texture already in the .zobj, obviously, and you'll be changing the location. Anyway. From this, we can tell that the texture type is 48, an 8-Bit CI texture. It's located at 0x11780 in gameplay_keep.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.