SharpOcarina and collision

zeldafan12

Question

I found a problem that affects .obj files exported from sketchup.
It's fairly easy to replicate.
1) Create two rooms
2) Make each room a component
3) Add some squares in those rooms (double click each room first) and make each square its own group

Now export it. Basically those squares that are their own group will be used in sharpocarina for different collision or exits.
Once you load the files in SO put a transition actor between the rooms, then add some polygon types and apply them to the different squares.
What should happen is that the collision data is only applied to the squares in one of the rooms, or, the collision data is duplicated from one room to the next.

This error means that you can't have a dungeon with different walk-on sounds for the ground, etc.
This never occurred in the demo that came with SO, because that obj was exported from 3dsmax.
Sketchup's objs are different it looks like, maybe that has something to do with it.
It would really help if this was fixed.

edit: also, the BGM box doesn't let you add in the hex value for music, and click and drag actors would be great too.

4 answers to this question

Are you saying that each room should have different collision?

Sorry, this is not a feature of OoT. Collision is based on the scene, which is shared across all rooms.

This is an issue with OoT, NOT SO.

I'm sure it is confusing when SO uses the mesh for collision, but that's not how it works in OOT.

All collision data from SO is exported to the scene file.

EDIT

-------

However, this does make me wonder if it is possible to have collision for each individual room.

Not sure the consequence of that though... it might work out just fine.

You will need to give the collision separate groups that match up with the separate pieces you make, and give them individual sounds with the different group names for each collision and square.

The mesh and collision groups have to match up.

Well this was my process testing this just now.

https://imgur.com/a/9adNg

The last two images are with a single room.

>You will need to give the collision separate groups that match up with the separate pieces you make

I kept the groups present when exporting the scene obj. The only difference that made was that it took polygon types 4 and 5 and put them where polygon types 2 and 3 should have been.

>give them individual sounds with the different group names for each collision and square.

You mean different ground types? I tried that, same thing happened.

Have you tried re-opening SO to see what the settings are before you import it and that happens?

Might not be updating correctly.

I figured it out.

If you look in the screenshots I took you can see the meshes named "Mesh 1 Group 1 Model" etc. I edited the objs (the scene obj and the room objs) and gave the meshes that related to each other unique names. When I tested the map the correct sound effects and etc were placed correctly in each room.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.