SharpOcarina - too many actors?

Gazpacho146

Question

Hey everyone, long-time-no-see. Recently, FixtySour and I have been remaking the market in SharpOcarina, and I've been having some actor troubles. Namely, the hurt Hylian guard and haggling townspeople. The Hylian Guard isn't showing up whatsoever, and the haggling townspeople have model glitches when I walk too close to them. Is this because I have too many actors? When I deleted two bushes by a tree, the townspeoples models were back to normal. Any help/feedback is greatly appreciated.

Model view: http://i.imgur.com/LvXT9xe.jpg

Glitched people: http://i.imgur.com/wzwzulU.png

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

Well the model glitch is a strange problem... although, as for the guard... unsure.

He should appear if you are using the same scene number as the original Market... if you're using a different scene, a lot of actors tend to check for their storyline scenes to appear in.

That will require some ASM hacking to fix.

Well the model glitch is a strange problem... although, as for the guard... unsure.

He should appear if you are using the same scene number as the original Market... if you're using a different scene, a lot of actors tend to check for their storyline scenes to appear in.

That will require some ASM hacking to fix.

The guard appears in a fresh scene with no actors injected over Bamboo Test room. Is it possible that maybe my scene is too big and exceeding the injection offsets?

The guard appears in a fresh scene with no actors injected over Bamboo Test room. Is it possible that maybe my scene is too big and exceeding the injection offsets?

Yes, this is a possibility. Look for information on RAM expansion on the forums, and here's a note on Scene RAM space:

More RAM space for loaded objects [More space for scenes/maps]:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
80097DFC|80097E1C|80097E44|80097E6C|80097E70 -> change to 3C110020 (or higher if need be)
*this is to allow more space for certain bigger files, such as Link's file, but maybe others as well

Yes, this is a possibility. Look for information on RAM expansion on the forums, and here's a note on Scene RAM space:

More RAM space for loaded objects [More space for scenes/maps]:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
80097DFC|80097E1C|80097E44|80097E6C|80097E70 -> change to 3C110020 (or higher if need be)
*this is to allow more space for certain bigger files, such as Link's file, but maybe others as well

You. Are. A. Lifesaver. ;~;

Model glitch is fixed, and the guard is appearing just fine. Thank you!

• Like 1

You did a awesome job on remaking the market. Are you making a full mod by any chance? Or are you just re-making the flat textured areas?  

FixtySour is the one handling all modeling, I'm doing all the importation and actor placement stuff. For now, only the market (adult version too) is planned to be remade

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.