Music ripping and replacement

haddockd

Question

Hi All!

I am at a point in my mod where I am looking to rip some of the music from my current ROM and replace the others.  Back in the day, messian's tools were the de facto standard but it is my understanding we have progressed and new tools exist. Does anyone have information on a tool that will allow me to overwrite the songs I dont want and keep the songs I do (or overwrite them all assuming I can rip the ones i like from my current modded ROM)?

Please no links to documentation but only tools that can assist with this endeavor :)

Thanks in advance!

1 answer to this question

Ah... well... hm....

You can't really "rip" the music out, the music itself is a sequence of notes and channels that references a table of instrument sets to use, sound bites... that being said, there is a tool to import music sequences, using an Midi editor and some know-how. It's called "OoT InstEd".

It isn't perfect, but it works like a beauty when you work around it right.

Uhm,.. you WILL need to read into things to know what to edit and look for though. I have notes on how to enter music with longer lengths than the original if you find that will boost your mod any. Although there are still limitations in RAM for that as well...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.