Lux Astri.

JamesAndrewHarris

I wrote this song, and the lyrics that go with it. I am curious to what people think and interpret the song to be about. For the past year or so I've been working on a music recording project with a solo artist, where I make the music and she writes the lyrics and sings. This topic is being made purely out of interest. 

First: The song - https://soundcloud.com/jamesandrewharrisgrant/lux-astri-instrumental-demo-01 (Tomorrow I am going to polish it off, and tweak some things I don't like, please by all means share any constructive points about the mixing and the song overall.)

Secondly the lyrics. - https://www.evernote.com/shard/s496/sh/1426ecd6-b624-415e-beee-d2ac66f7b44f/f1df4255df3af122

I would really like to encourage opinions on what you guys think the song is about. 

Well, I'd say the song is about a peaceful death, since the lyrics seem to be indicating that, and so does the song (at least it would be quite fitting).

About the mixing: It sounds good to me, only the parts where the instruments become louder could be just a bit louder, just to differentiate it from the softer parts. Juuuuust a bit though.

I'm going into the studio today to fix some of the things wrong with the composition and the mixing. 

*EDIT - 21:10 09/01/2015*

Today I went back into the project folder and changed what I didn't like and added a new E_piano in the chorus to differentiate between the two. I also changed the volumes of certain sections and instruments, one big change was the ending and the second was the volume of the synth lead just before the organ section. 

I also changed the break after the first chorus to become a verse, by changing the arrangement of the pads and guitar. 

Tomorrow, I am going to revise the early lyrics to see if there is anything I can change. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.