Door actors not appearing in dungeons scenes?

z64online2.21

Question

I'm not sure why this is occurring, but for some reasons lifting door actors are not appearing in my custom map.

This map is written over the fire temple: offset 2213000, scene 4

I'm using:  002E 00BF obj:0002

Now it doesn't work. I used this offset and scene bc it's one area that has the key counter.

BUT when I use a NON dungeon offset and scene...the same actor SHOWS UP.

can someone explain why this might be happening?

my goal is to try to get those actors to work USING a key counter

I don't know how to get the key counter working that's why i used dungeon scenes

9 answers to this question

So you need the right scene number and 1/2 object files loaded that aren't the standard 2 or 3 object, or is 2 or 3 required as well? Or maybe scene number isn't a factor?

Also, found the documentation for the doors. Should add extra info on how certain door variations don't exist for all models.

http://oot.cloudmodding.com/wiki/Tutorial:Modification_and_Addition_of_Switches#Alternate_Door_Skins

The game checks the scene number, scene offset and checks whether or not the required object is loaded. The additional object for the different door is merely a 'skin' for the door. The actual door programming has a more exhaustive list with a bunch of entries I haven't documented yet such as those for the 'lobby' area of Ganon's Castle, and the doors used in the upper floors.

xf7uk8.jpg MapA:  I'm using offset 0x286B000 scene 84 (Zora's River) for mapA

EXIT:: 009C
((actors withing this map include: trees, bush/shrub, cow and horse))

2ijfyf.jpg offset 0x2E68000 scene 39 (house of twins) for mapB
EXIT:: 00EA
((actors for this map are: flame))

my problem is: individually the maps work but they won't transition to and from one another.

i had success using the offset and scene# from kokiri to sacred forest meadow but with different maps.

i don't see why not they are not working.  Doors will load but lock up the game after i get through and in between the transition between scenes.

Using door before a collision exit, not using door to transition between rooms in the same scene

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.