Injecting textures into the ROM

haddockd

Hi All,

I had a volunteer say they would take my 16 or so corrective textures and inject them into the ROM for me. I was SOOOOOOO excited. But alas, I haven't heard from them in a week. No offense to the person who volunteered. I REALLY appreciated the offer and am greatful you believed in my mod as to offer your time :)

However, I want to ensure this gets done in my final mod and I am unsure if the volunteer has the spare time to assist. Is anyone:

a) Available to perform this function for me?

OR 

B) Have info on how to do it so I can tackle it?

CloudMAX's Texture Explorer allows you to overwrite existing textures, you can get the addresses for textures not currently in the .ini from a dump by OZMAV (it gives you the addresses in ROM). If you're wanting to inject completely new textures, you can use ZLE2 to convert them to the relevant raw format and inject them with ROMPUT or using a hex editor.

Thanks Arcaith!

Will ZLE2 convert them into the same size as the originals? I dont want to go overwriting any other textures. Also I changed the text of some of the items (like Zora Tunic). Does anyone know the font of those so I can have them match?

in the sounce zip of my mod, there's a psd in the texture folder called "item name" or something that I made for my mod. It looks almost identical to the textures ingame. It will probably tell you that the font is missing, but it should tell you the name of it so that you can look it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.