Project Z - zip

sairugoth

Z-zips_zpsef09671b.png

Okay, so the over all goal of this project is to make a zip folder called Z.zip, which will contain a huge amount of 3D maps and models that will meet with all the requirements of the OoT rom.

This is a 100% open project. Which means all files will be released as soon as there made. The Z.zip will only be released once all files are made. It will contain all the files released prier and a few dungeons from my other project "The Sheikahs Apprentice" and possibly much more.

Anybody can help. In fact, I need someone who can fix UV texture bugs. I heard that MilkShape can fix them. I did try it my self but every time I opened my map or model it wouldn't open the textures along with them. So I kinda just gave up on learning it. I was hoping one of you guys could help me with that.

The end goal for this project is 500MB worth of maps and models. Heres the current amount.

progressbar03_zpsd4722503.png

3D Files

Coming soon

Credits

Me (so far)

Textures

OoT Textuers - Submitted by GANONdork123

Here is the archive. Download

Credits go to:
SanguinettiMods for putting this archive together.
JSA (John_Smith_Account) For ZLE2
Spinout For his OoT File Database
Cooliscool and Contributors for UoT
And Flotonic for some help.

Q&A

What is Project Z -zip, just a bunch of random maps?

No. Project Z- zip is 100% custom made maps and models, and all organized in there own genres in sepret files.

How can project Z - zip help me as a modder?

it can help by supplying your project with 3D textured actor models, Over-world maps and Dungeon Rooms

What do you mean by Dungeon Rooms?

There will be a whole file dedicated to Dungeon Rooms that can be put to gather like puzzle pieces in order to make a quick and easy custom dungeon for your project. And if you want a different theme than whats already there, just swap the textures out.

What File type will the 3D files come in?

They will be in a "skp" format.

(If anybody has any more questions about this project, please ask and I will update the Q&A)

(I'm hoping this project will help many zelda mods to come)

• Like 4

Technically speaking, .obj is the most portable format since most, if not all programs have support for it. Having said that, since it seems to be such an open standard, it does come with its inherent drawbacks vis-a-vis formatting, not to mention its lack of support for certain 3d features.

I'd suggest plain text .x format, but nobody other than me seems to be interested in making it a standard.

Which format would they have to be saved in? .obj? .skp? .3ds?

They will be in a "skp" format. But if you guys want I can make obj and 3ds files too.

UPDATE

There is now a Q&A in the main post.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.