A Letter A Day

CorruptedMoon

OFF TOPIC:
First time using Light out of High School Blues. Awesomeness.

Perking as he saw the mailman leave, Light dashed out of his room and to the mailbox. The letter from his penpal should have arrived today. He grabbed the mail and ran back inside. "Bill, bill, random stuff, something for Shadow, something for Dad, yes!" Tossing the other stuff on the kitchen table, he ran back upstairs and into his room, shutting the door behind him. Flopping into his desk chair, he tore the envelope open and pulled out the letter, eagerly starting to read.

How long had he been speaking with his friend? He didn't remember, but he didn't regret a second of it. Chuckling softly at the humorous parts of the letter, he absently started up his computer. Hopefully he'd be on and they could talk. He logged into his messenger and grinned as he saw the familiar user.

Chaosunleasher: Hey, got your letter today! 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A silver hedgehog sat at his computer, sorting through his files. Every few minutes, he would move a hand through his quills. A goofy smile was on his face as he mumbled to himself.

"The letter should have arrived... I wonder if...--"

He was suddenly broken off as his computer sounded an alert. A little window popped up, and his smile widened to an excited grin as he saw who it was from. With a soft giggle, he began typing rapidly on his keyboard.

* MiraiGin: That's wonderful! Did you read it yet?

Ears twitching at the chime his messenger made, he smiled. As if he would wait to hear anything new. Sometimes he wondered if that made him strange, but then shrugged it off with a muttered 'who cares'. 

Chaosunleasher: Of course. Man, everything always sounds so exciting from your end. Makes me jealous. 

Chaosunleasher: Don't tell anyone I said that. XP

Light giggled softly, hurriedly responding.

Chaosunleasher: Really? Didn't think it was THAT marvelous.
Chaosunleasher: But onto a different topic.
Chaosunleasher: I was going to mention this in my letter, but I'm too excited to wait.
Chaosunleasher: Dad gave me permission to go now! It took forever to get him to agree, but now I can finally visit!

He bounced lightly in his seat, hoping he would be as pleased as he was.

Silver's cheeks went even redder, hurting from smiling so widely. Excitedly, he mashed his keyboard.

* MiraiGin: asjrthfewuiogbnsfojvmnuiowrghnugheswothrwoghnjeraoihy5et

* MiraiGin: OMG SERIOUSLY?

Trying to calm himself down, he took a few breaths and continued.

* MiraiGin: That's wonderful! I can't wait!

* MiraiGin: So, when will you be visiting, and for how long?

Light bit his lip to keep from laughing from the first message. 'Cute...'

Chaosunleasher: I leave in three days.

Chaosunleasher: And I'll be staying for about 3 weeks, give or take a few days. You have no idea how long it took to get that time.
Chaosunleasher: It'll be worth it though!

He flushed, hastily deleting the '<3' he added before he sent the message. No need to confuse Silver. Though sometimes he acted even cuter confused.

Getting even more excited, Silver's heart rate sped up.

"In 3 days... that's not much time away... I have to make sure everything's tidy!"

Clearing his throat, the silver hedgehog returned to typing.

* MiraiGin: I'm so excited! =D I can't wait to finally meet you.

* MiraiGin: It will totally be worth it.

* MiraiGin: This is totally the best news, ever!

* MiraiGin: I really, REALLY can't wait. <3

One of the perils of his fast typing, Silver hadn't noticed his '<3' until it was too late, and his cheeks went extremely red.

Heart skipping a beat as his penpal replied with his own '<3', Silver brushed a hand through his quills once again. For a moment, he was speechless.

We've been penpals for almost two years now... maybe... Well, regardless, it's best left until he gets here.

Fingers returned to the keyboard and he smiled as he typed his response.

* MiraiGin: Okay, it's gonna be great! Hopefully the three weeks don't go by too quickly.

* MiraiGin: We'll find some fun things to do.

* MiraiGin: Can't have you being bored. <wink>

Glancing at the clock, the silver hedgehog winced, before typing in a reluctant farewell message.

* MiraiGin: Hey, dude... I hate to cut this short, but I have to go. =(

* MiraiGin: Gotta head into the city to run some errands, but I'll talk to you when I get back, okay? <3

Light chuckled softly before his ears drooped slightly, "Damn, I was hoping to chat a little longer. But I guess I can wait."

Chaosunleasher: Alright then.

Chaosunleasher: Don't keep me waiting too long~ <3

Was this flirting? Or just joking? Part of him hoped for the former and he lightly slapped himself. 'Stop that.'

A goofy grin was plastered on his face as he sent one last message.

* MiraiGin: Of course I won't. I shouldn't take too long. I'll talk to you soon, handsome. Bye~ <3

* MiraiGin has logged out *

The silver hedgehog gave a soft sigh as he logged out of his messenger, before switching off his computer. Glancing over at a photo that Light had sent him shortly after they had become penpals, he smiled slightly.

"Definitely won't be long..."

Light felt his cheeks flush darkly, 'Handsome? Really? Chaos damn Silver!' Still, he couldn't stop smiling. Looking over at the picture he had gotten from his friend, his smile widened. 'I really can't wait....'

OFF TOPIC:
Gonna just jump to the day he leaves. because drawing it out would be painful XP

The white/blue hedgehog shivered in anticipation. 'It won't be long...' He fidgeted, unable to stop smiling.

Heart pounding in his chest, Silver began pacing about frantically, trying to remember if he had done everything he needed to do.

"The apartment is clean, and... oh man... he's really gonna be here!"

Practically bouncing, the excited hedgehog decided enough was enough, and he began to head out. Reaching a hand out, he used his psychokinetic power to bring a small, gift-wrapped object to him, before placing it in his pocket and closing the door. With an excited smile, he jumped over the railing and concentrated his power to make himself float to the ground.

"Today, we meet at last..."

The golden-eyed hedgehog couldn't stop smiling his entire way to the terminal. As he rode on his EXtreme Gear, which he had purchased from his friend Tails, he relished the feeling of the wind in his quills, and was thankful that he had paid for a custom model, which came with an additional, attachable Gear.

"...or, I could just carry him while I ride..."

A deep blush came to his cheeks at the thought. Finally, he arrived at his destination, landing gracefully and tucking his EX-Gear under his arm, and heading into the terminal, where he waited, albeit impatiently.

"Soon, Silver... soon."

As he'd heard his name called out, Silver turned his gaze, and his eyes widened. Sure enough, there was the sapphire-eyed hedgehog. Deep blush returning, he called back, giving a goofy grin.

"Hey, handsome! You made it, at last!"

Racing over to the other, he let go of his EX-Gear, using his powers in time to catch it before it hit the ground, gently lowering it, before throwing his arms open and giving Light the biggest hug he'd ever given anybody.

"It's so good to see you, Light."

Inside was a platinum coloured pendant, with what looked to be two gemstones embedded within. One was a sapphire, while the other was of gold. Giving a shy smile, he began running a hand through his quills.

"Gold for my eyes and sapphire for yours... and I don't wanna hear anything about how much it must have cost me, or how you couldn't possibly accept it... I just... hope you like it. It's my gift... to you."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.