Importing maps over existing maps and keeping its cutscene

wakymaky666

Question

Just a quick question, how can i import a custom map over kokiri forest for example and keep its intro cutscene with navi flying about into links house... I found a youtube vid that flotonic made here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEhyJMyRbcs

The idea i want to do is change the layout of the map with a custom obj map i make from 3ds max and change the actors positions with sceneNavi for example.. Ive tryed importing the map with SharpOcarin and set the injection offsets to 0288D000 and the scene number to 85 in the general panel, but i think that theres something to do with the injection offsets in the rooms panel witch is set to its default 035CF000 because the game just crashes... 

I think 035CF000 is the start of free space on the rom im not to shore. im guessing that i have to find kokiri's room offsets but i have no idea where to find that sort of thing, but i might be way off curse to what i want to do. I could even be using the wrong tools to do that sort of thing. I'm still not all there with these offsets and ram stuff.. ive looked just about everywhere literally reading the wiki again and again and everything just looks like a mess to me.. 

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

3 answers to this question

I think what i want to do is a bit out of my league... any chance of a short tutorial to do that sort of thing with the display lists for example with the demo map of sharp ocarina just to make life easier into kokiri with its cutscene.. but if its to much info don't worry about it though... I don't want to you to make a tutorial that's a page long just for my sake.. And thanks for the reply Jason

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.