Some questions

Ideka

Question

Hi!

I hate to be asking so many questions, but this is kind of like the only place where I'll get good answers, so here they are:

1. In which file is the Arwing's display list stored in in OoT?

2. In which file are the item icon textures stored in in MM?

3. How would I make the young Link market accesible by adult Link in OoT?

4. In which file are the young Link market "skybox textures" stored in?

Thanks in advance!

8 answers to this question

Yes, the inside of the houses, the back alley and the entrance of the market are their own .JFIF backgrounds according to the documentation but the actual market doesn't seem to have any. Also extracting the textures of it results in multiple 32x64 textures, so I am not sure that it is .JFIF, since they are 320x240.

http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/Debug_ROM:_File_Listing

item_icon_static or item_icon_24_static

Each item icon is 32x32 rgba32.

The young Link skybox texture is in one map or scene file, because adult Link has a separate scene and map for the alternate market:

http://wiki.spinout182.com/w/Debug_ROM:_Filename_to_Area_Relations

This page lists out which maps are for which, and it's likely in the zmap file, but not sure.

Yes, the inside of the houses, the back alley and the entrance of the market are their own .JFIF backgrounds according to the documentation but the actual market doesn't seem to have any. Also extracting the textures of it results in multiple 32x64 textures, so I am not sure that it is .JFIF, since they are 320x240.

Yes, it is a JFIF background. The N64 only has 4KiB of TMEM to work with, so it uses texture atlases and renders the textures in tiles. 32*64*2 (rgba16) = 4096 = 4KiB; it just happens to be the maximum tile size they could use to render it.

Skyboxes are rendered the same way as well; with the actual textures being 128x64 & 128x128 in size (though only the upper-left 120x64 and 120x120 of the textures is actually used)

EDIT:

It's likely you may be looking in the wrong place. Most textures in a map should be in the corresponding scene file.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.