Ocarina Pad and Jabu Jabu Theory Test

Airikita

Any thoughts on trying it in the old scene where Jabu Jabu was farther back? Also, any clues as to what causes the dead frame :P It looks silly. 

I'm sure if he was further back, it would be the same cutscene. The cutscene is in Jabu Jabu's code, and may not change much. I tested it in Kokiri Forest, and the angles were off because the camera is fixed during the cutscene.

Also, no idea about the "Link is dead" frame, I think it either has something to do with being a placeholder for the missing fix (hence lacking animations), or the Ocarina Pad acts like a magnet to Link, and just draws him to it.

It's an oddity, but I'm guessing it's just the missing fish actor that's doing that.

That, or Link drowned, and Jabu Jabu is giving him CPR:

LinkDied_zps3820eddd.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Mallos may have a point. Link's position at the start of the sequence could be relative to JabuJabu's position.

On a side note, what I find most peculiar about this is that in that last pic, Link is in a perfect t-pose. Afaik, there are no animations with Link in that position. I wonder if there is some sort of quaternion/vector math that can put all the hierarchies into rest position. If someone could figure this out and send me the info, I'd be happy to patch my import script.

Sorry, missed that. Another idea is that it could have something to do with the fish. The code for the function that gets a particular actor may return null on error; and since Link's actor number is 0, the animation for the fish is being played on link's actor.

Actually... maybe if the fish disappears when swallowed, then because it's a null, the cutscene thinks Link belongs there because the placeholder would be 0000 without the fish. Perhaps it's how the cutscene "loads" the references when it starts.

It's different than having actors loaded in the map which are preset in the map data, where this must be loading the references to each actor present somewhere, and the default could very well be 0000 (Link).

I still think the "dead" pose is related to this:

dekusprout.jpg

I don't know exactly what animations are being used in the Jabu Jabu sequence, but I think it's something like:

Look back -> Knock Back -> On the ground

Also like to point out that without the pedestal, there would be a bigger difference between the ground and Link.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.