Unknownst Japanese Gameplay Keep

Airikita

Question

Hey all,

I'm having a bit of a dilemma, as I am trying to observe the models in a gameplay keep files from this Japanese ROM (a Rev B of all things too), and none of the items show up in UoT. Everything is hidden.

I have uploaded the file to MediaFire for anyone else to attempt to view it:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/glm78dvwzdzl30y/00F03000-00F5ECE0.zobj

I believe a better model viewer is needed

Me and JSA managed to find differences within the textures:

JapvsDEBUGGameplayKeep_zpsef203629.png

As far as model-viewing, UoT isn't viewing this format.

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

I have uploaded the file to MediaFire for anyone else to attempt to view it:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/glm78dvwzdzl30y/00F03000-00F5ECE0.zobj

That's identical to OoT NTSC v1.0's gameplay_keep from the looks of it - file #0498, 0x00D3A4E0 to 0x00D69CA0 in a compressed ROM, OZMAV2 calls it "0498_00D3A4E0-00D69CA0(.dec)" when extracted. No idea why UoT won't render anything, tho, probably just another bug in it?

That's identical to OoT NTSC v1.0's gameplay_keep from the looks of it - file #0498, 0x00D3A4E0 to 0x00D69CA0 in a compressed ROM, OZMAV2 calls it "0498_00D3A4E0-00D69CA0(.dec)" when extracted. No idea why UoT won't render anything, tho, probably just another bug in it?

Not sure... the offsets are listed, but no object is displayed, and no textures show up in he panel... I'm guessing it's a bug, but there's no crash.

I'm pretty sure UoT won't render anything because the file isn't called "gameplay_keep.zobj" or it doesn't have the string "gameplay_keep" anywhere in the name.

Edit: Yeah, that's the case. And if it's identical to 1.0, it's not a surprise that the old drop bomb, heart and arrow textures are in there, as well as the A + C Interface Heart texture. It must've been since 2011 that I've known about it.

Not true, UoT renders 1.0 files too. It's pretty universal. My guess is that the Japanese ROM has a slightly different format with the commands, and isn't recognized.

A binary comparison in a hex editor didn't show any differences between the file you posted and OoT NTSC v1.0's gameplay_keep, which is why I said that the file you posted is identical to the latter. If your file comes from a JPN v1.0 (or if all revisions of the game have the same gameplay_keep, not sure about that), it has to be identical to US v1.0 as the only difference between the two is the ROM's header.

And btw, I just tried both, your file and the Debug ROM's gameplay_keep as individual files, in the last UoT. Neither of them renders anything, not even the Debug ROM's gameplay_keep. It's gotta be UoT's fault.

I'm using the old UoT, and the old UoT doesn't render it. I know the new one doesn't because it relies on hierarchies, and singular object files. I don't know why 100%, though this was about the old UoT, which I shared in the community downloads.

It renders just fine for me in the UoT I was using.

Well, I don't know how you did, but it only worked for me after renaming it as "gameplay_keep.zobj", so I'm guessing UoT is coded to handle this file differently.

Well, I don't know how you did, but it only worked for me after renaming it as "gameplay_keep.zobj", so I'm guessing UoT is coded to handle this file differently.

^ That would be the issue. The gameplay keep uses segment 5 for all of it's display lists, and UoT .90b4 only loads a file under that segment if the file name is gameplay_keep. In other cases like the majora's mask models, the reason why they are often messed up is because MM uses a moody combiner mux, allocates segment numbers slightly differently (eg. iirc segment A is use for mask display lists), and lastly because some of these tools and video plugins for the n64 expect specific patterns for loading textures ratherly than properly emulating the use of tiles and the F3 LoadBlock GBI packet.

Someone might want to note this on the UoT's download page.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.