It's a known fact that Cen is Jesus

Vexiant

Cen is a talented guy, no denying that. I'd like to see a release of this before I go crazy over it, though. I'm curious as to how he's managed to get it to work with unmodified emulators. Especially if you need more than one instance of said emulator. Point of fact, I'm hesitant to say anything here until I have more to go on. If there's any drama in this thread, I'm going to be doling out some warnings to ANYONE that participates. So keep your heads cool.

• Like 2

CEN IS A MOFO THAT HACKED ZSO BEFORE, OVER AND OVER. IF I FIND OUT HE'S HACKING MY COMPUTER, I'LL SHOVE SOMETHING DOWN HIS ARSE!!! I AM SERIOUSLY NOT IN THE MOOD. MESSENGER OR NOT, CEN IS A BUTTHOLE.

I have just had a hectic fiasco on my computer. Hopefully for HIM it's just a bloody virus, and coincidence. If it is him, and I see him irl, I'll get in his face. Tired of his shit nao.

Enough of Cen, he can be perverted, bent, and crazy in his videos. Why do you even feed his ego?

EDIT:

Also, for the video was not loading for me earlier, I don't really care as thereof the title of this topic.

I'm guessing an app, or emulator, that connects to the internet to accomplish this. The inputs are likely fed through another sequence. Either way, cool, but I'm sick of his ego.

So I'm guessing this Cen guy is 11001001110100 from Youtube (even tho I dident find the name Cen anywhere in his youtube profile) but it sounds like to me hes trying to take credit for Spinout's original 4 player OoT mod.  This is what was in the videos description.

Heellloooooooo Zelda Fans, after many years of being rather uninspired I have done the very improbable.

In 2008 (www.joystiq.com/2008/03/12/todays-most-

­retro-hack-four-player-ocarina-of-time/)­, I made a gameshark code that assigned controllers to four separate players - the only problem is the camera could only follow one and I would have to rewrite the entire microcode to add in a lag free split screen, and I would have to add in three more camera instances -- even then they would have to share the same inventory and area.

V.S.

While I do understand there is interest in this hack, it is not at all practical in it's current configuration. OoT was designed to have one screen, one link actor. Anything else brings up undefined behavior - look at the action button in any 4 player OoT video. That being said, good luck to anyone and everyone who works with the hack I made.

(If I was wrong about something, or just missed something, please correct me)

im pretty sure they both made their own. cendamos doing his prior(albeit very roughly), but never releasing, spinout doing his later and releasing

do correct me if im wrong, either way im pretty interested in seeing how it works out, regardless of his past(and possibly current) behavior

imagine specifically designing maps so players have to cooperate

• Like 3

I'd honestly like to be very cynical and sarcastic about this right now because it's Cen, but I won't for various reasons, one being that this actually looks interesting and I'm curious about how it works - his words of "this works theoretically with any stock, unmodified emulator" make me think it might be supported by a separate program that hooks to several running emulator instances and monitors/modifies their emulated RAM, because the minority of N64 emulators support netplay as far as I know (haven't messed with netplay much).

...and damn it, Airikita, posting while I'm typing, mentioning (I assume) the same emulator connection method I mean :P I don't think this is internet-based, tho, and only works on one local machine.

The multiplayer hack for Ocarina of Time had been released since 2008 in the form of an assembly code for Renegade64 (pastebin.com/VHnLMPz1) which spinout then used to patch Link's actor and promptly never bothered to source where he actually obtained the information to make the four links controllable because he was a complete dick, despite admitting on IRC multiple times that he had in fact simply taken it from the released assembly which then prompted ZZT32 to call his school and get him suspended for about a week causing spinout to essentially quit the internet because his parents had taken his computer away.

As I said in the shoutbox, I gave Cendamos my credentials for these forums to post a response about his methods (which I did via YouTube since I don't even talk to him anymore). He chose to post that I suppose. Also, I have no goons, don't currently hack anymore and have nothing to showboat. You say communities I participate in which is no other communities in recent times. Fun fact: I changed my alias to Jazz recently, how could you speak as if I've done things when you don't know who I am, heh.

I think we should all be happy, let the Internet be the Internet and continue conversing about this historic moment in the zoldo 64 community. Besides, I wasn't sure what to name the topic anyway. xdaniel got the joke, most things associated with Cen are odd and humorous, and I already talk out of context.  :)

What I sent Cendamos: 

I am a piece
of trash for not paying you back the 150 dollars I have owed you for over a year now. Needless to say the computer died and didn't work correctly, but that's fine and long gone now. However, I will be getting my own house soon and will get around to paypal you it need it or not because I'm wrong for waiting this long. Also this is Vex

Also also: People seek answers on your methods Cen. Read more here: https://www.the-gcn.com/topic/2920-its-a-known-fact-that-cen-is-jesus/

you can just use my account to read it, I really don't care.

the username and password followed after the above

Historic? You're joking right? What Airikita has done, now That's historic! A multi-player OoT Hack? Good luck on stability, along with a host of a hundred other problems that will show up. Besides, as Airikita pointed out this is an old concept and has been tackled from several different directions already and from what I know of Cendamos' work, he'll make something and not apply it at all to the actual game. Even if he succeeds how will he deal with enemy AI? That, in my opinion, will be the largest stumbling block in a multiplayer endeavor.

Guest sakura

I think it would be amazing to have a multiplayer hack, but I don't believe this is what it appears to be at all. Notice how both copies of Navi are following the red tunic Link? Notice how despite claiming health and inventory are separate, he doesn't use any items or take any damage to show that they are? It also has the tilted A button problem that cloning copies of Link always has. I think it's fantastic that he has the camera working and apparently separate wallets, but until we're shown some more I sincerely don't believe we'd be shown so little if he really had it working. This looks like your standard Link clone with a changed camera pointer for the second instance. I'd be really happy to be proven wrong though.

• Like 2

its not "oh ive found a way to make zelda multiplayer" its he found a way to make it splitscreen. thats whats important. and yes he is totally full of himself. go play spinouts mod with a friend, good luck that things hard as fuck.

no shit its not going to be stable, this game wasnt designed at all for this kind of thing. the places imagine it messing the whole thing up are doors, and the pause screen. itll likely desync like on project64k

the bugs seen visibly in the video are that on one screen there twice as many particles. and navi is bound to one link.

but seriously the old multiplayer mod was a colossal pain to play. as the screen was only meant to have one link. but this new way each link has his own screen, and thats just awesome, its like four swords with the gameboy link cables. if and when he decides to release it, it will be a massive step up from the previous multiplayer hack, even if its buggy. the old one pretty terrible too.

Ignore the clownfish picture, that was Cen. And I dunno guys, I used to know the guy personally. Example: The videos he used to make years ago were there to help attempt to prove him insane for reasons in real life which they were of avail in solving the issue(s). And now he feels the need to keep you guys thinking he is clinically insane. Because it's funny, eeeeviiiiillll? I don't know. He has times where he isn't even on a computer for months. He kind of just dicks around with people on the Internet because people will actually react rather than not care like they should. He's not full of himself, he just mess with people. Last I spoke to him regularly, he was actually not content with himself. He also protests against animal cruelty and does good deeds that go unnoticed like spending over two grand on MM Debug, being one of the main reasons all of you know what you know today about Zoldo 64 (you oldbies know what I'm talking about), loans people like me even larger amounts of money and never hearing from them again, etc.

Since this topic is rotten, instead of further replies, we should just wait to see if Cen posts anything informative.

• Like 1

It's a little upsetting to see how some people let knowledge of the identity of the creator get in the way of recognizing the significance of the posted material. I don't really care who made this; what was accomplished is quite extraordinary (buggy or not) and I look forward to the release of technical details.

• Like 1

I appreciate how lenient and down-to-earth the staff here is.

Hahahaha.

edit:

Let me just say, the amount of douchebaggery flowing through this thread is OUSTANDING.

Oh, BOO-FUCKING-HOO. CEN HACKED A WEBSITE, HURDUR. HE DID SHIT IN THE PAST. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

WAAAAAAAH, WAAAAAAAAAAH.

Yeah, let's judge the guy for what he did in the past.

Let's just flame him because he's not a member of the GCN and that makes it okay.

What ever happened to that rule about site relationships, or whatever the fuck?

No, it's allowed because it's, *gasp*, Cen!

That's why I'm a part of this fucking community off and on so god damn much now, because it's become a toxic fucking cesspool.

YES, I FINALLY SAID IT. ALL OF YOU FEEL FREE TO FLAME ME RIGHT THE FUCK OUT THE DOOR NOW.

• Like 1