mooliecool

Hwy guys today i'll be showing you how to replace the pokemon gold Title screen

Programs needed

Agixp

TED

BGB

Hex editor

Pointer Calculater GBC

Please note: That This is not my original tutorial i'm re doing it with the missing stuff in the original

1) Draw your title screen 128x128 px and only 4 colors including the background

2) Goto 0x62B0 and fill 0's until 0x62EE

3) Find an area of blank space and write down the offset of it we'll need it later

4) open agi xp and load your picture then press next and again then chose horizontal press next again, open your rom

then press next then uncheck pokemon trainer pic insertion and at type in your offet but first add &h eg. &h12345 then press next

and your done with agixp

5) Get a pointer for the offset for the blank space eg 0x123456

6) In a hex editor goto 0x62B0 and put this in 21 xx yy 11 00 88 3E zz CD F0 0A xx yy Note xx yy is the last 4 bytes eg 34 56, zz is the first 2 bytes eg 12

7) Now arranging Open BGB Emulater and open your rom and goto vram and you will see all the tiles and in a hex editor goto 0x98616

notece they match place the the tile no at the spot you want

8) after that your title is almost finished first get your colors there Note: make sure Ho oh is the same color as the background

9) In a hex editor go to 0x98616 and put in 00

10) In a hex editor go to 0x630c and write 00 00

And your finished with everything enjoy

• Like 1

Well, there's datacrystal, and some resources on pokecommunity on music... I found the track with using some information from some sources given to me by some Pokemon GBC hackers, and did the rest myself. I wrote the midi sequence myself in hex, doing some analysis, over the original track.

There's a source page with files of different tracks for Pokemon Crystal, so I just did comparisons between both games.

I wanted to make Hatsune Miku dance in the intro, but there wasn't too much info on a full change of the intro sequence. lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.