Garbage Data (DEBUG)

Airikita

This is a notice to modders...

You can freely modify (and even remove) everything after 0x03600000 of the Debug ROM as it has been officially tested on multiple tests as junk. The data is from Pokemon Stadium (yes xdaniel, etc, I know you guys know) and can be removed. However the ROM should still end with a good block of FFFF's near the end, some type of checksum for the N64 that is required.

Also, ROMs go from 32, 64, and up to 128 Megabytes. I found that my ED64Plus doesn't give a crap if it's even 31Mb, but some carts are picky... so mind the file sizes when finalizing your ROMs.

I overwrote the data below in numerous spots, and looked through it to find similarities to OoT's code. The data is far from OoT's coding standards, and nothing uses any part of OoT. Whatever it all is, it has no association. If we're looking for BETA stuff in there, probably not going to find it. My money is hidden content in 1.0, but even then not everything is all that different there (except that I found a beta heart piece [not the heart container] in 1.0 gameplay_keep that was unused, or it was the heart container where it was originally in 1.0).

There is also lots of things we haven't unearthed, such as internal display lists inline with zactor files instead of being in zobj files separately.

• Like 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.