Happy single awareness day to all my single people :)

HeavyZ

Sometimes being single has its perks... especially not giving a shit about a guy you told you wanted to go out with, tells you he wants to wait until he has a job, then changes his status to "in a relationship" in the last month...

Yup, don't give a f***, and it's good.  :3

I sense alot of bitterness. How is it the recently divorced guy (she had an affair) less bitter than you guys/gals?

I guess youth has its disadvantages :)

pery8ysy.jpg

I also like how youth automatically = bitter on Valentine's day.

I'm going to bed now.

This message was sent from my iPhone. Everybody loves iPhones, even people who claim to hate iPhones.

Valentines Day is overrated, just like Christmas. It's just a way to get guys to buy expensive bouquets or chocolates just to impress the girl, and this one holiday just has fictitious values placed on relationships. I knew some girls who were like "if my bf doesn't get me a v-day gift, I guess he doesn't love me" that silly pick the petals notion of "he loves me, he loves me not..." it puts a problematic systematic view on how love should work.

I won't say it's entirely bad, but it isn't always a good holiday, and love should be unscheduled. Valentines day makes love scheduled, and it puts pressure on people who are honest lovers who, when give a gift on Valentines Day, can't really do it on their own time where it would be a hell of a lot more meaningful. V-day makes it scheduled in a way that, when an honest lover DOES express his/her love, it doesn't hold the same surprise value because it's so scheduled.

Really stupid holiday.

--------------------------

EDIT:

-------

• Like 2

Sometimes being single has its perks... especially not giving a shit about a guy you told you wanted to go out with, tells you he wants to wait until he has a job, then changes his status to "in a relationship" in the  last month...

I'm sorry that happened :( I'm sure you'll find men out there who are candid.

Valentines Day is overrated, just like Christmas. It's just a way to get guys to buy expensive bouquets or chocolates just to impress the girl, and this one holiday just has fictitious values placed on relationships. I knew some girls who were like "if my bf doesn't get me a v-day gift, I guess he doesn't love me" that silly pick the petals notion of "he loves me, he loves me not..." it puts a problematic systematic view on how love should work.

I won't say it's entirely bad, but it isn't always a good holiday, and love should be unscheduled. Valentines day makes love scheduled, and it puts pressure on people who are honest lovers who, when give a gift on Valentines Day, can't really do it on their own time where it would be a hell of a lot more meaningful. V-day makes it scheduled in a way that, when an honest lover DOES express his/her love, it doesn't hold the same surprise value because it's so scheduled.

I'm in a relationship and I do agree with this!! Me and my girlfriend hate "scheduled" love... spontaneous heaty moments are best ;P Ehem.

Then again, Valentine's Day is my anniversary... heh. It was still a good day for me :)

And haddockd: I obviously don't have any place telling you this because I've probably never felt the feelings you had for that particular woman but... you'll make it!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.