Rideable Young Epona (DEBUG Patch)

Airikita

I LOVE YOU!!!

Wait, don't tell my GF.

Edit:  Ran to ranch to try this puppy out.  Ok, so you still have to win epona.  Still, this is the mod I've waited years for.  Thank you oh so much!

Everybody deserves this Epona, so no worries. I'm thankful for MM Epona being identical to OoT's little Epona (by model design/structure, and not so much the display list itself), so it was a much easier copy-and-paste of animations. Animation headers were identical to adult Epona (aside from the two offsets), so it was just a matter of copying MM Epona's set and re-pointing everything that was similar.

Of course finding where the limb index was applied was tedious, but I figured it was in Epona, and thankfully it was.

I'll release an updated patch when more changes are made to Epona. I will allow freedom to win Epona as a child instead of switching to adult just to run around with her. I'll also be changing her voice to sound more like young Epona's (it's not even close to the Epona in MM because she sounds like adult Epona).

EDIT:

New updated patch is available. Changes are:

- Epona can escape Lon Lon by jumping the fences with young Link

- Epona now makes child Epona horse noises (except I didn't change the galloping/clopping, which I didn't see necessary)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

New enough to not understand how an emulator works it seems.

A rom is a binary that contains read-only data, in this case the entirety of an N64 game that can be processed on by a real n64. (Ex. Ocarina of Time Rom). An emulator is a program that simulates (emulates) a machine. In this case, an emulator emulates an N64 (Ex. Mupen, Project 64). There are no "Project 64 Roms" because the roms were created to be run on an N64. They are N64 roms.

You'll need ppf-o-matic to apply the patch to a rom.

For the patch to work, you'll also need to have the debug rom (typically named ZELOOTMA.z64). You should make a copy of this file before applying the patch so that you always have a clean rom

Thank you for the response!

After extensive research, I've found that off-o-matic is no longer supported by most mac models today.  However, I found a similar application called MultiPatch.  I set the patch as the pff file and the file to patch as the master quest debug rom.  After trying to start the process an error message pops up saying, "Error reading from PPF file."  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.