Airikita's Notes (Debug Functions)

Airikita

Some functions that were found within Debug in RAM, should be looked into further:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JAL 0x800C04D8 controls the camera (boss cutscene).

0C03DCE3 - JAL 0x800F738C plays sounds (sfx)

For the SFX function, it goes further back to actors that use it with their own values. Link's voice when whipping Epona was 6822 in his code.

I haven't played with the value any further than changing it to kid Link's voice.

I remember finding 0x800F738C when I was hacking the audio debugger in an effort to disable Navi's SFX for the Izou Zelda project (which ended up working).

Here's the function call in Audio Debug:

800F2C78: JAL 0x800F738C ; Master PlaySound (no wrapper involved)

I also have more notes on it here: http://www.mediafire.com/view/n43odlu3cmlahgv/Audio_Debug_PlaySound_800F2C34_800F2CA8.txt

Also, here are some other actor functions I found or have collected when hacking actors for the Izou project:

external_func_8002CE00 - Used by various bosses to print the boss title texture on the screen

external_func_800A51A0 - Controls various attributes of animations (speed)

external_func_80078068 - Gets Y rotation to face Link

external_func_80032458 - A wrapper for spawning actors

external_func_8002F828 - A wrapper for playing sounds

external_func_8002D570 - Delete actor instance

external_func_800635D0 - Gets the amount of damage that the actor has recieved

external_func_8006C360 - The return value is text ID (has to do with NPCs talking and current text)

external_func_8007869C - Rotation speed (increase rotation by specified increments until facing Link)

There are buttload of other functions that I can't think of at the moment...

In fact, just have access to all the notes regarding actor modifications made for Izou: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/rmgre4vqw5r6n/Izou_Zelda

• Like 2

I say the less we keep to ourselves, the more our community can flourish making mods without feeling frustrated because we can't do it all, which is why I'm going to publicly release my young Epona patch for people to use, along with the notes.

I don't expect people to do what I do.

• Like 1

0C03DCE3 - JAL 0x800F738C plays sounds (sfx)

For the SFX function, it goes further back to actors that use it with their own values. Link's voice when whipping Epona was 6822 in his code.

I have a similar function for SFX on my notes. I used it to remove the Whirpool actor SFX, that overwhelms the whole map instead of being proximity based.

The difference could be that this function generates continuous sound or that it ignores the 3d position (or both).

8002F948(a0 = Actor?; a1 = SFX)

Whirlpool : 240520DD

• Like 2

That's good information, but couldn't you lower the volume of the whirlpool? I'm sure there's a way... maybe by editing the sound itself, or something else.

Yes, the ideal modification would be changing it so the volume is proximity based. Back then, my motivation was just find a way to stop that annoying sound while I was testing my maps, so there's not much I fumbled into the code past muting the SFX.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.