Zelda's Birthday 2 MEGA Update

john_smith_account

Halp ME! ZB2 is out of control!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Seriously, bail or keep going? My social life is drying up here.

• Keep up the good work!
    • Kill it with fire!
    • You knew the job was dangerous when you took it.
    • Quit whinning, URA was a lot better MOD, and you don't see Zeth crying.

Good GAD!  Like too many ROM Hacks before it, ZB2 has grown into an unwhelding mess that threatens the life of it's creator.

And that's not even getting into the unuseable content.

Ideas of how to fix this.  Help...Please.

Shadow Fire, XDaniel, Dark_Link-77,  spinout182, or ...anyone.  Advice on how to slay the Kracken is needed.

:wacko:  :unsure:  :blink:

Watches DVD and hope the problem solves it's self.  ^_^

Take as much time as you need, JSA. Original Zelda's Birthday was amazing! I really would hate to see this one die since it looks much much better! But I'm patient and I can totally wait for as long as it takes to finish. Mainly up to you as to what you want to do, but I'd love to see this project finished.

ROM hacking and game development in general are very similar and share lots of things, like the effort required to make content.  What happened in the mid 1990s for game devs is happening now for ROM hackers.

I could make an entire post about this, but it's half out of the scope for this thread.

• Like 2

Except Game Dev you work from scratch and can easily learn the code, and do what you want easier... hacking is what exists, and you attempt to make it do what you want if any success comes of it. Don't let that put you down though, Kargaroc is correct in the sense that both mediums take brainstorming, and a lot of work. Although you could probably make a quick 2D game faster than hacking, but this is a mental sport which tests your patience and skills.

I trust people in this community have the skills to do something, and we can each learn or fail from the experience. Some hackers go off butthurt because they never complete their mods, but it's the things you create or do along the way that should be a token of your achievements.

• Like 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.