Cutscene Actors?

Airikita

Question

Hi everyone,

I need to know if anyone has a list of cutscene actors, or can we form one? If someone could list the values used on which character in a cutscene (in its data) it would be useful in figuring out this room I'm looking at. This room has cutscene data, but no actors have or have ever been active in this room.

I made a tool for that, some time ago.  I'm willing to explain anything I can still remember about it.

The tool does break down some of the actors, and I have more listed away somewhere.  It's kinda rough, but still it's better than nothing. 

I just need the notes, but the tool might help too. Strongbox Warp contains some cutscene data (seems to lack camera data, but that might be irrelevant). Also, it is believed it is related to Ganondorf's boss room before it was scrapped... Cen found the geometry to be identical to Ganondorf's organ room.

Your camera data is incorrect right off the bat.  Cut scene data contains both x,y,z data and camera angle data. 

Also some of your exit data seems in correct too.

What? I need to know what values are for what actor... what are you talking about?

https://www.the-gcn.com/topic/589-cutscenes/

I've mapped out 1/4 of the cut scene actor values.  My info is correct, but incomplete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xtD1D1Sc2xQ

Could you direct me to a specific post? All post numbers have a tag... I also suck at reading bundled text, one of my flaws that's probably not obvious here because of how I work. Also the downloads are no good.

I need a list, ex:

## - Zelda's Horse

## - Ganondorf's Horse

etc...

Is there a list like that?

Both links work fine, so I can't help you.

Did you right click, open in new tab?

Cute.

I'm asking for the post with the list, I'm dealing with other things lately.

Oh oh, is this the post:

https://www.the-gcn.com/topic/589-cutscenes/?do=findComment&comment=19502

There's a little hashtag (#) on the upper-right corner of your post, it has a link that will direct me to the post. Give me the post with the list. I'm glad you consider my situation right now amusing. My mother is having a heart condition, and my brain fog is preventing me from thinking. HAHAHA, I'm a newb.

(I'm seriously tired of sounding like a bitch lately, but when I ask for help, I expect some help... I mean, gee, let me go dig through scene files and run tests... do you want me to? Because I will, I can, but I probably won't until summer... I might leave if nothing else progresses)

EDIT:

Your download link is b-r-o-k-e-n...

It's the Internet. Hacking should be a fun hobby, and if someone on some message board says something you don't fancy, you should just ignore them. No one should really care. :)

Maybe contact fkualol about cutscene actor values. I'm sure he won't have an issue documenting as he did recently allow me to post this. Yeah, you're welcome B) A lot of MM hacking there as well. On a side note, JSA types like I do, but at least he's in context, heh.

ON WARD TO CONTINUING TOPIC! B)

It's the Internet. Hacking should be a fun hobby, and if someone on some message board says something you don't fancy, you should just ignore them. No one should really care. :)

Maybe contact fkualol about cutscene actor values. I'm sure he won't have an issue documenting as he did recently allow me to post this. Yeah, you're welcome B) A lot of MM hacking there as well. On a side note, JSA types like I do, but at least he's in context, heh.

ON WARD TO CONTINUING TOPIC! B)

Alright, I'll take a look at those... I'm feeling better now, but I want to avoid digging around in the ROM if I can... then again I know my way around actors, and I should be able to sort through files.

I was mainly looking at the format of the cutscene data in besitu_scene.zscene, and it has an old formatting which is interesting... instead of just calling the actor value once and continue a sequence list, it repeats values per line... also, something really interesting with 00000007:

00000007 0008 000B 0000 7FFF 0000 0000

00000007 000B 0000 0000 7FFF 0000 0000

00000007 0000 0003 0000 7FFF 0000 0000

00000007 0003 000C 0000 7FFF 0000 0000

00000007 000C 000F 0000 7FFF 0000 0000

00000007 000F 0004 0000 7FFF 0000 0000

From what I gather, it has these frame segments:

0008 to 000B

000B to 0000

0000 to 0003

0003 to 000C

000C to 000F

000F to 0004

Either I'm looking at this wrong, or these are frame segments for cutscene actor 0000007, and 0008-000B, 000B-0000, and 0003-000C conflict with each other... that or there are duplicate actors doing different things at once in this sequence.

Of course I could be wrong about this data, and it could mean something else (probably geometry). Still, Strongbox Warp looks like Ganondorf's room (where he plays the organ).

I was mainly looking at the format of the cutscene data in besitu_scene.zscene, and it has an old formatting which is interesting... instead of just calling the actor value once and continue a sequence list, it repeats values per line... also, something really interesting with 00000007:

00000007 0008 000B 0000 7FFF 0000 0000

[...]

Collision polygons #34 to #39, the floor:

fX6gvib.png

As for the room looking like Ganondorf's room... that's kinda subjective. Unless it has ex. vertices that are in the same locations as they are in Ganondorf's room, it's more likely to be coincidence than anything else. Reminds me of how someone, maybe on Glitchkill or Unseen64, said that Besitu looks like Majora's boss room from MM or something.

Okay, it's just collision data then... and well, Cendamos was the one who mentioned it was a 1:1 match in geometry. The room is out of place though, you have to admit. The MM theory isn't far off, but if that was leftover from pre-MM, I think there'd be more similarities to MM found in the game (aside from young Epona, etc..).

I mean the "fixed" OoT has MM logos for those blocks etc... but that came much later after these rooms existed.

EDIT:

Looking at the room myself, it doesn't look like a match though. (but nearly identical aside from textures)

Comparison:

besitu_ganondorf-room_comparison_zps3786

Could be an ex-Dark Link room for all we know too...

Don't they just line up because Ganondorf's actors are placed around X/Z 0/0, which is also what many rooms in the game are centered around (Ganondorf's boss room, Besitu, also ex. Chamber of Sages, Fishing Pond, many other interior maps, etc), tho? Still don't think Besitu has anything to do with Ganondorf, or at least nothing we can conclusively prove.

Well it isn't conclusive, but it does mean that it will work here. I got Ganondorf to work in Lon Lon Ranch where he wasn't at position 0, 0, 0... Also, Ganondorf's actors are not 0, 0, 0 positioning... it is -5, 10, 2 (x, y, z). His actor is dead center.

Well, it might work there, but that doesn't automatically mean that Besitu was once intended for Ganondorf, he was intended to appear in that room, etc. As you say, you got him to work in Lon Lon Ranch, but you wouldn't say he was supposed to appear there, right?

And I know that his actors aren't at 0/0/0 exactly, hence me saying "placed around X/Z 0/0" - actor 0x106, Floor of Ganondorf's Room, at X/Y/Z 0/-1000/0, actor 0xE8, Boss Ganondorf, at X/Y/Z -5/0/2. Not sure where you got the Y 10 from btw, SceneNavi shows 0 in an unedited ROM and I'm quite certain it's reading the position out correctly.

Anyway, no sense in arguing about this, my opinion is all this with Ganondorf('s room) and Besitu is a coincidence and you have your opinion. Nothing good would come from arguing here, unlike with that hardware-compatible model converter you very much spurred me to work on :P (still need to improve and release a first build of it)

Similarities aside, I think it's more likely they used the room at one point to test AI, possibly boss AI. One clue to that possibility is the sheer lack of entrance. The Majora boss room has a spawnpoint iirc, but it's placed slightly different. Besitu may have been recycled for the Majora battle, but I don't think it was originally intended for it.

Well, there is one problem with how it's placed, Isn't the whole map zeroed out? If so the positioning is merely coincidental.

EDIT:

It seems kinda odd that the doorways would be blocked off by the map, even if that was the way they originally accessed it. It just seems odd that they would have one map encompass another.

I posted, and posted, and posted, and spell check ruined my link(s) every time.

I give up, fix the @!#$ing spell check so I can post my link(s), or quit asking me for help!

So yeah, maybe I am an @$$hole.

P.S. Can anyone see my pic in my DVD post?  I worked hard on that!

Edited by john_smith_account

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.