Carrie's Friend (another Pokemon Creepypasta)

Airikita

Carrie, a young five-year-old girl comes across some unusual circumstances in the Pokemon Universe:

Text:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a very curious thing with my daughter... after my wife died. My daughter, Carrie, would visit her mother's grave once a month. Of course, I would go with her, since she was only five. For one thing, we always went in the evening on a Saturday. I worried about my daughter, though, because after a while she would bug me to bring her to the Cemetery every time it was that day.

"Come on dad, please! I want to visit Jennifer again... I miss her."

Carrie said my wife's name... Jennifer. Of course, Carrie knew her mother's name, it was on the tombstone Carrie knew so well as she would call her Jennifer. I would always try to correct her, but she would only sometimes call Jennifer 'mommy'.

"Sweetie... you know mommy watches you, and there's no need to visit her grave. I'm sure she would be happier to see you not worry about her tombstone so much."

"But I want to let Jennifer know we will visit her often, I'm sure she will be happy if we visit her again... please daddy?"

"Well... I don't know about this... I don't think it's a good idea to keep visiting her grave. How will she move on? Are you going to keep bugging mommy?"

"He he... oh daddy, that's not why... it's not like we visit her every day! If she is with us, then she'll see that we just want to keep her company!"

"Well then... I'm sure there's no harm, as long as she knows you're happy, she'll be happy."

".. I do miss her daddy, but it's not like I'll cry too much! I promise!"

"Alright sweetie."

It was like this on the same week of every month. While I did still worry about my daughter, I saw no harm in bringing her to the cemetery once a month... at least, she would be happy before we would get there. Always bubbling, then would be calm whenever we stood in front of my wife's grave. We usually left our Pokémon pet, Snubbull, at home when we went out for this occasion.

Little Carrie would always bring a flower she picked from our garden to the tombstone. Jennifer used to care for Pokémon before she passed from a serious illness, very much like a daycare centre with no breeding. She cared for local Pokémon when others left for vacations. The Pokémon ranged from all kinds from Magnemites, Charmanders, Jolteon, and almost anything. Except for large Pokémon, which were left up for daycare centres with large fields.

When we reached my wife's tombstone, my daughter did her usual sombre ritual of placing the flower on the tombstone. She would do something special with the flower first, like tie the stem into a bow, or place a sticker on the centre bloom. It was her way of giving a gift to my wife, her mother, and she might have considered it a monthly anniversary the way we kept visiting the cemetery. Sometimes there were Chimechos around when there was a mist, and today there was a mist with Chimechos hanging around in the trees.

At this time, I found it a good idea to get my daughter's mind off of the grave.

"Well dear, I'm sure mommy is happy now... and I have an idea! How about you visit the other tombstones? I'm sure there's other people who would love being visited too. Maybe you can play with the Chimecho? They're usually pretty friendly here."

My daughter looked at my wife's grave for a bit before turning to me, and smiled.

"Okay daddy, I'm sure the Chimecho are lonely!"

My daughter had a way with her kindness, and surely she would get tired after. Reassured, I took a breather. Perhaps, I figured, my daughter would get her mind off of my wife if I could get her bored of this cemetery.

After relaxing for a bit, I looked around for my daughter... but I could not see her any more.

"Carrie? Where are you!?"

I panicked a bit, trying to find her in the cemetery, calling her name. Searching around tall statues of tombstones, and some brush. The mist only made it difficult to see, and I may have bumped into a Chimecho. I kept calling her name, until I heard a sigh that sounded like my daughter's.

"Carrie? Is that you?"

Behind a bush, where I heard the noise, there she was sitting on the ground. She looked a bit sleepy, eyelids half open. I was panting a bit.

"Carrie... don't worry me like that. You look tired sweetie, perhaps we should head home?"

"New... friend?"

"New friend? What do you mean Carrie?"

I was a bit puzzled... I was a bit worried she suddenly grew attached to the graveyard, possibly someone's tombstone. A new friend perhaps Carrie made with a dead person.

"Carrie... what do you mean by a new friend?"

"...new friend..."

Carrie continued to repeat this. I was a bit frustrated and worried, considering my daughter was losing sense of reality.

"Alright Carrie, we should go home... we will discuss this later." I carried my daughter back to the car, and drove back home.

When we got home, Carrie was more awake. "We're home?" Carrie spoke.

I looked at her as I shut the door. "Yes, we're back... are you feeling better now?"

"Where's Jennifer?"

"We're home now sweetie... we need to let mommy rest, we can't keep visiting her every time like this."

"But Jennifer misses me daddy... she wants to be my friend now!"

"...W...what are you saying Carrie? Mommy's gone, she can't speak to you anymore."

"But... I saw her face..."

Great, I thought, my daughter was hallucinating. I didn't think it would get to this so quickly, but my daughter was now imagining my wife, and imagining talking to her. Instead of getting bewildered about the whole ordeal, it was also possible Carrie was just tired, and had a dream in the cemetery.

I kneeled down, and placed my hands on her shoulders.

"Carrie... listen... mommy is gone. You must have had a dream, and even so, mommy needs to sleep now. Her spirit is tired. I'm sure she loves you, and would be your friend, but you need to let it go darling."

She stared at me, with tears in her eyes.

"...No daddy... she was there!" she pushed my hands off. This frustrated me.

"Carrie... that's enough... I know you miss mommy, Jennifer, but you need to get some sleep tonight. We need to stop seeing mommy, she is always with us. She is probably worried about you visiting so much."

I was at a loss for words at that point... my daughter seemed unfazed by this. Still, she turned around and went to her room. Snubbull followed after, to sleep with her. For the rest of the night, I could not get the thought of how she acted off my mind. Although I managed to get to sleep somehow.

Weeks passed by, and my daughter spoke to me less. During dinner, I was concerned if Carrie was disappointed or angry at me. While she was eating, she would be slow taking bites, looking tired and playing with her fork, staring at her food. At first I didn't know if I could say anything, but the look on her face made me ask her questions.

"Carrie... I understand if you're angry for what happened last time. But you know, mommy is quite happy if you didn't worry about her tombstone so much."

"I know daddy... that's not what Jennifer told me though."

"...What mommy told you? I'm sure mommy would say something, but there's no way she could have said anything to you. If you dreamed about her saying otherwise, that does not sound like mommy."

Carrie twisted her fork around on her plate.

"...Jennifer told me she wants to be friends now... she doesn't want me to worry about her as a mommy, but to be her friend."

"Ah, I see... then I think that's mommy's way of saying she wants to be with you, but not to worry about her. That sounds like the Jennifer we know."

This made me smile. Silly me, I guess Carrie finally figured out a way to move on. Carrie probably made my wife her friend now to not feel guilty about her passing. Although, I thought this would also be easier to keep Carrie from visiting the tombstone too.

"Yeah... but Jennifer wants me to visit her at the cemetery again. She doesn't want to leave the cemetery..."

It was that week again, when we go to visit the cemetery. Even though it was Wednesday, and not Saturday, I felt like there was no need to keep going.

"Well... perhaps we should go to the cemetery less frequently... I think Jennifer can learn a little patience now. I think Snubbull could use more attention."

Even though I used my wife's name, I was referring to Carrie. To me she was using Jennifer as an excuse to keep visiting the cemetery, which did anger me slightly. It was getting more difficult to keep Carrie from wanting to go to the cemetery either.

She wanted to go that week, but I declined. I moved the day to next week, and started widening the weeks as time progressed. Each time, however, I would find Carrie wandering off to different spots, and I'd find her sleepy every time. She would talk more and more about Jennifer, saying how Jennifer is feeling like we're not visiting enough, and how she doesn't want Carrie to leave her alone anymore.

I grew worried about this. Eventually we stopped going because I had enough of Carrie's antics. She started to throw tantrums, and I couldn't contain my anger. I sent her to her room every time she screamed and cried. It got to the point where she was going psychotic, and I had to bring her to a counsellor.

The counsellor said the usual things I expected, that I need to care for her more, and keep visiting the cemetery more often to ease Carrie's remorse. Apparently stopping the visits was harmful. Nothing I said seemed to get through to the counsellor, about how often we went there, and how hard I'm trying to ease my daughter from hanging onto such a bad habit.

The counsellor reassured me, however, that eventually Carrie will stop mourning over my wife's death, and be able to move on in her own time.

I had no other options. I apologised to Carrie, and brought her to the cemetery. I started to get stressed every visit after, getting panic attacks before we would leave and whenever Carrie ran off. Still, I hoped that what the counsellor told me would be true, that it would work. She also warned me if it doesn't stop when Carrie grows older, that's when it becomes a problem. Even though I told the counsellor how Carrie saw her mother, she reassured me it was just a childhood phase.

Next time I brought Carrie to the cemetery, as I drove up, instead of waiting for me to open her door, Carrie opened the door and ran off. The mist was thick this time, but there were not a lot of Chimechos in sight.

"Carrie! Stop! Where are you going?!?"

My daughter was too fast for me to catch up, eventually she disappeared into the cemetery. It was difficult to find her each time, because she was never in the same spot. So I called her name, trying to find her in a panic.

"Carrie... CARRIE!!!"

I ran around, moving every bush, checking behind every tombstone, until I saw something. Something glinted behind a statue, and I heard a faint giggling from Carrie. Quietly I hurried over. There she was, behind the statue, in what seemed like a trance, staring at a Yamask.

"Carrie... what is this? You should not have ran off!" Carrie kept staring at the Yamask. "... Carrie?"

Nothing I said phased her, and she stared blankly at the Pokémon.

"What is it about this Yamask Carrie? What are you doing?"

"Jennifer... my friend..."

I could not believe my ears... could my daughter think this Yamask is Jennifer? Looking to the Yamask floating in front of me, I noticed something odd about it. On it, it wore a mask that looked familiar. It is said that Yamask carry a mask of the face they had as a human... and this was... Jennifer's face. While it lacked hair, the face was detailed just like my wife's.

"This face... Yamask? Jennifer?"

"Jennifer..." Carrie was still in a trance.

"Yamask... is Jennifer? Carrie... this is..."

It was her, my wife, Jennifer? Still, even though Jennifer was now a Yamask, it did not explain why my daughter, Carrie, was so entranced. I picked up my daughter, and walked away. I had no words, but I had to take my daughter home.

The Yamask followed me. It was strange to see my wife like that, as a Pokémon, but I could not let a Pokémon, wife or not, hypnotize my daughter.

I drove home, and the Pokémon seemed to be gone. Left back at the cemetery. My daughter was still dazed, so I brought her to her room, and placed her in bed. I was not sure what to do except let Carrie rest. Snubbull was curled up on the couch in the living room.

"We're staying away from that cemetery... Jennifer needs to move on Carrie..."

My daughter slept away at that point. So, I gathered my thoughts, and moved to the living room. I made some tea, and sat down to drink it reading one of my books, petting Snubbull on the head.

It was a good way to get that Pokémon off my mind... even though Carrie might want to visit again, I would never go back to that cemetery after that.

It was starting to get late, and all seemed quiet. My daughter was probably asleep by now. I got up, and headed for the bathroom to brush my teeth for bed. After I turned on the bathroom light, I heard a giggle from her room. Great, I thought, she's awake from sleeping so early. But it was also faint, like she was still tired. I could hear her whispering something, quietly.

"... j.... f...."

It was so quiet I could not make it out, so I pressed my ear against her door... she was whispering soundly... as if whispering in her sleep...

"... jen... fer..."

I knew immediately what she was saying, and I had to open the door. Instead of seeing Carrie soundly asleep in her bed, she was sitting in the middle of the floor... staring at that Pokémon again... it was in her room now. That same Yamask...

It was dark, so I turned on the light. To my shock and horror, the Yamask was wrapped around my daughter, it's shadow was intertwined, wrapping and weaving around Carrie. It looked like Carrie was possessed! She began to speak in a new voice... it sounded like Jennifer.

"Honey.. you see me now?"

My eyes widened... "Jennifer?" unable to hold back, I knew it was her...

"Honey... darling... you miss me right? I miss Carrie..."

It started to sound like Jennifer's voice was getting raspier, in a sorrowful way. I felt torn. Did my wife really miss us that much? Tears welled up in my eyes...

"Jennifer... I do miss you... I love you... why are you doing that to Carrie?"

"Darling... I miss you..."

Carrie smiled at me... no, it was Jennifer smiling... but it looked like Carrie was smiling with Jennifer, and her eyes showed that. Almost as if Carrie was happy that Jennifer, or the Pokémon, was now a part of her. I was so torn... my daughter was now possessed by this Pokémon. While I missed her, and it tore me apart, the Yamask's appearance was unsettling.

"Jennifer... I miss you... but let Carrie go."

"... Darling...  I can't...  Carrie misses me.... my friend... new friend... friend..."

"... Jennifer?"

It was clear at that point... I always thought Carrie was imagining this Pokémon as her friend... but my wife... this Pokémon... was tricking my daughter. Or was she? I couldn't make up a clear idea of what was happening. This was my wife? Or is it just a Pokémon? Carrie started to speak again.

"Carrie is my friend... Jennifer is my friend..."

Carries eyes dulled out, and she weakly stood up, sauntering my way. I held my hands out, unsure what to do except on instinct I wanted to hug her... I felt tired myself, and just wanted to hold my daughter. This moment, I felt so sad and torn... Perhaps this was how Carrie was feeling. I went to touch her, but I couldn't touch her face. Instead, she passed by me. I don't even know if I even came close to touching her, I was so sleepy and dazed by then.

I turned around while Carrie headed out of her room, and saw her walking to the front door. She either moved so fast, or I was moving slow.

"Carrie..."

I could not speak loud enough for her to hear me, if she could hear me. I saw her walk through the door, but Carrie didn't open the door, just passed through it. Surely this woke me up. I got up, and ran down the stairs, rushed to the door, and opened it wide. Carrie was gone...

"Carrie? No... Carrie!"

Not knowing why, how, or even where she went, I ran outside in my housecoat and pyjamas, looking for Carrie... like a crazed fool. I called her name, looking in the front yard for her, and even ran around the sidewalk and to a few houses to try to find her. I called and called, but Carrie was gone.. A parent's worst nightmare... or perhaps this was my own nightmare.

I eventually went back home, and grabbed the phone. I was too frantic now to notice Snubbull was now missing. I went to dial 9-1-1 when I heard a noise in Carrie's room. It was odd, and I felt like calling the police, but I thought Carrie was back in her room and I had just imagined it. Perhaps my fatigue was making me hallucinate.

I hung up the phone, and headed upstairs, reassured by another giggle and Carrie whispering. I opened her door, and there she was, sitting in the middle of the floor... no Yamask in sight. Her back was turned to me.

I sighed in relief, but still confused if she was really there... "Carrie... are you alright?"

Carrie turned to me. Her face was smiling, half asleep.

"Hi daddy... Jennifer misses us... I missed you. Jennifer is now my friend. I don't need to go to the cemetery."

I smiled at this. "... I'm glad Carrie... I'm glad to see you still here..." I sighed. "Now let's go to sleep."

I was assured what happened was all in my head.. the stress must have finally made me crack. Still, Carrie had that sombre look to her face, and it didn't seem like she was just tired.

"Carrie... are you awake?"

"...... Honey....."

".... Honey...?" I did not misunderstand what Carrie said... she called me honey? "Jennifer?"

"..... Honey.... I missed you... Carrie misses me... I miss her... I want her..."

"... What?..."

The Yamask showed itself, wrapped around Carrie once again. In a flight of panic, I finally reacted. I ran to the Pokémon, wanting to pull it off of Carrie. I grabbed it trying to pull it off, but my hands only slipped through it. Carrie, or the Yamask, spoke more words.

"... Carrie will go to sleep now daddy..." and a grin came from Carrie... not a happy one, but something sinister.

"NO! STOP!! CARRIE!!!"

Despite my call for mercy, the Yamask wouldn't let go. Then it faded away... disappearing... with Carrie. She was gone... Carrie was taken away by the Yamask again...

Hoping it was all a dream, I slept that night hoping I was just going crazy and it would be over. But the next morning Carrie was still gone... nowhere to be found...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.