Gerudo Brainwashed

Airikita

Hey guys, so I decided to write a story based on a theory I had.... if you haven't seen my Iron Knuckle theory, you can watch it here

It isn't required to read the story though, you can watch the video first, read the story first, or just read the story. It's up to you, the video is just my theory, and this story explains another perspective on this theory. This story will explain the main premises on my theory, so the video is not even required/necessary.

I decided to write a story behind Nabooru's capture, and a possible missing link in the story of Zelda Ocarina of Time, speculating that this could have been part of the 64DD if we ever got the true story behind this.

---------------------------------------------

Gerudo Brainwashed by Airikita

I am a leader of the Gerudo clan… my clan was a strong clan… but we needed love. We’re all strong women, and men are so rare that we have to fend for ourselves. Finding one means our legacy can continue… a love bound by a need to survive in a harsh world. My name is Nabooru, and I will tell you of my side of how I came to be trapped in armor… brainwashed…

We always cherished a boy or man who was a true Gerudo, someone born whom he was a man of the tribe, born from a Gerudo woman. When we received the new life, Ganondorf, his mother raised him with the most pride. In fact, his mother had so much pride over him, she showered him with gifts and riches. Shiny gold, ornaments, and jewelleries. So much so that the man changed when he grew up… his eyes looked focused on other things, only taking interest in anything gold or riches.

When the tale of the Triforce crossed his ears, I knew we were in trouble… perhaps I underestimated him at the time, when I didn’t think he’d ever get the Triforce but just cause chaos instead. Such a man wasn’t welcome in the Gerudo’s Valley, but some of our woman considered him King, and followed him. To me, was a false King... he was up to something, and I had to find out.

With past discretions of men, Ganondorf tricked my people into turning against others... distracted by people passing through the valley and the fortress instead of the real culprit... Ganondorf himself.

Even though they were being tricked, nothing I said mattered... after all, Ganondorf was the King of the Gerudos, which I believe that power was going to his head. One day, I heard something that turned me to follow Ganondorf, and I took my own way to find out what he was up to. People were starting to discuss their mistrust for Ganondorf within Hyrule. Talk about Ganondorf not being trusted. Also, one day he was heading through the desert for something...

I had no idea what he was doing at the time, but it became clear when I saw him go to the Spirit Temple in Desert Colossus. Before Ganondorf gained control of the Triforce, and I became the sage, enemies of our people were rampant. The evil twin sisters, Katoke and Koume, were sworn enemies of our clan. They were nothing but evil, and always up to no good. In history, they caused nothing but chaos until the Spirit sage sealed them. Before I realized I was the reincarnate of that sage, all I knew was the story of the sage sealing the witches away with all of her power.

I followed him far behind, followed him to the Spirit Temple. However, I lost him, and tried to find my way around the Spirit Temple.  Since the main area was blocked, the only other way was a small crawlspace, but it was too small for me to fit. Unable to figure out any way in, I could not figure out where Ganondorf went… still, I stood there, trying to figure out how to get to the other side to get the Silver Gaunlets... in order to move the block blocking the way to the main chamber where Twinrova was sealed.

I pondered for a while… it was then that a little boy in green clothes appeared behind me. Link. To me, he was just a child. Our guards at the fortress were on guard for any trespassers by Ganondorf's orders. I knew our clan was only going to be on the sharp end of Ganondorf’s sword, but I had no idea my people would be on the end of another sword by the hands of Ganondorf…

I questioned the green boy, with a fairy, how he got in. He surprised me by wanting to help me. He knew I wouldn’t just accept a kid who would just jump at the chance of helping me out, but this kid showed a cool side of himself. It was a long shot, but I had no other options… I needed this boy to find Ganondorf in the Spirit Temple, to find out what he was up to.

I let the boy through, and to my surprise, he was in the hole going to the top where I spotted a chest. I knew what I needed was the Silver Gauntlets to move that forsaken block, which I could only guess was moved by Ganondorf, from the stories I heard as a child about the temple… somehow he knew I was following him, and how right that was.

The chest I saw outside was what I was trying to reach, but the climb was impossible, and the hole I couldn't get to was too small. So I watched outside, waiting for the boy to reach the chest I spotted. By the time the boy reached the top, it was already too late. Ganondorf had released the twin sisters from being sealed from the Sacred Realm. He violated the sacred temple that sealed these witches, and sent them after me. Drowning in the sand, I sank, as the boy held the gloves in his hands… too young to use them, and too late to do anything about it…

I had no idea I would become a part of Ganondorf’s greatest scheme… he saw the boy, he must have. Those witches saw him too… I was more afraid for the boy than my own safety by then.

I woke up, appearing in a room with my arms clamped to a stone throne in a chamber. The walls were decorated like the Spirit Temple was. I heard the witches cackled away, hovering in front of me...

“My my… what a specimen.†one said.

“Yes dear sister, Ganondorf will be pleased.†the other said.

“First this one, now we get the others!â€

“What? What is this?†I asked.

Without a response, the witches vanished, leaving me in the throne. I struggled to break free, but it was surely no use. I did not know what to think of what might happen to that little boy because of me…

I heard the door slide open, and heavy footsteps. When I looked up, Ganondorf stood there, grinning maniacally at me. This angered me. So smug... so arrogant! “What are you up to now, Ganondorf?!?†I shouted. He just stood there, contemplating, glaring…

He looked at me, and said: “Dear Nabooru… you must know that I have released the evil twin sisters by now, hmm?†He grinned. “That boy is under my sights Nabooru, and I’ll have you know that I have the Triforce now… I am all powerful!â€

I was shocked by this news. “Impossible… you lie!†Although I said this, something was strange… it started to make sense that it was possible… because how else could he have broken the ancient seal of the Spirit sage?

“I lie you say? But you must see it... Only someone with unlimited power can break that seal dear Nabooru! Heh… heh… heh…†Speechless now, he walked around me in circles, standing over me while I sit there, trapped. “That boy, you met… do you know who he is Nabooru?... It seems you don’t understand this boy.†He paused. “This boy has opened the gate of time!†This news struck me in an odd way. I was stunned, but still didn’t know what to make of the green boy… “And then Nabooru…†He leaned to my ear, then said: “I broke into the Sacred Realm, and took what I desired!†He laughed loudly, and I scoured.

He is an insane man, and nothing I could say would do any good. “But…†he paused, “That Triforce was not entirely mine… it split up, and I have already found out that that boy must have one piece, and the other has gone to the princess… who slipped my grasp…†He clenched his fist, angrily, and gritted his teeth.

He approached me then, standing tall over me. “So, Nabooru… I came up with a master plan… to get that boy… but also payback, to you and your clan…†He grinned at this. I was angered, and wanted to fight out of the throne desperately. I wanted to fight him!

“What are you planning Ganondorf?†I scorned at him, “You will not lay a hand on us! We will fight you!†Ganondorf laughed at this, like an insane man. Overflowing with power. “Nabooru, you are a fool... You are trapped now, and I only need to build an army to fight against that boy…†He reached his hand out to my head, closer and closer. I looked at him. “You will not remember this moment… but once you’re under my control, the same will happen to the Gerudo clan!â€

I struggled desperately as Ganondorf brought his hand close to my head. Without any waste of time, he created a black orb of some magic… my mind quickly faded away, and I went out…

I don’t know how long I was out, but the next thing I remember was kneeling on the ground, surrounded by pieces of armor kneeling before a man with a sword… green hat and green clothes. I was going to say something, but could not remember how I had gotten there at that time. He looked like the boy, and I later realized he was… but before I could realize this, but the evil twin witches appeared. I tried to run, then got sealed away by their magic.

That boy… turned against me… tricked into fighting me… more of my people were gone when I became sage. For the time I was re-awoken as a sage, I could not tell the boy that he was tricked… no… that would distract him from his quest.

My people were sacrificed in the great war against Ganondorf. Sealed in armor, like me... the hero never knew… My people lost the war, but the hero was victorious.

gerudomohawkwarrior.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reference to this theory can also be found here: http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/zelda-theorizing/151589-zelda-oot-theory-gerudos-in-iron-knuckle-armor.html

Edited by Airikita
  • Like 1

Personally, I wouldn't classify this story as a creepypasta, but I think it's ok as it is.

We have to factor in that I only found out now about Iron Knuckles having Gerudo heads under the helmet (the brainwashed eyes reminded me of majora's mask for a second - bah, consistent artstyle ftw) and that might have stolen the spotlight for whatever creepiness there was before I could even read your story. 

Personally, I wouldn't classify this story as a creepypasta, but I think it's ok as it is.

We have to factor in that I only found out now about Iron Knuckles having Gerudo heads under the helmet (the brainwashed eyes reminded me of majora's mask for a second - bah, consistent artstyle ftw) and that might have stolen the spotlight for whatever creepiness there was before I could even read your story. 

Well yes, it doesn't have its creepiness value to some of us, but it should be fine for those who don't know about it. If you see anything that could sound creepier, point it out.

I know that the ending makes a good impression. This Youtube channel gets a lot of Pokemon creepypastas, so this one might be fresh enough to work. I had a good feeling about it writing it.

Although, since you mention MM, would that mean Ganondorf had something to do with that? Or maybe Nintendo just decided to recycle the model without thinking about the background. I mean, if they scrapped the idea of brainwashed Gerudos (which I find unlikely) then the Iron Knuckles in MM might be out of place.

Or, we can theorize that Termina is just an alternate parallel, and Gerudos in Termina happen to have all turned into Iron Knuckles. I believe there was Gorons and Zoras, but no Gerudos in Termina... any ideas for that one?

It's possible that the Skullkid brainwashed the Gerudos too somehow, but recycling the enemy sounds like a more likely scenario. It's not like Nintendo to be consistent with that.

I don't remember if the Nabooru scene directly condradicts this possibility, but what if the Gerudo were aware the whole time?

Think in how creepy could be a story where you can only watch while your body moves against your will, killing your allies by the bidding of your main antagonist.

One could say that the whole mirror/parallel motif between Hyrule and Termina is just a big excuse for Nintendo to recycle actors and models from OoT. I don't think they would go out of their way to reason why Iron Knuckles are there again.

Gerudos were pirates in Termina, you had to retrieve the zora eggs at their fortress. Koume and Kotake also were good witches this time around. The connection between the desert clan from OoT and the pirates from MM is already thin, factoring Iron Knuckles in makes it even worse.

Yeah, you can SAY they were aware the whole time, but what about when Nabooru is broken out of the armor, and goes "What happened?" She didn't look at all aware to me.

Okay, so Twinrova were good witches then, but uhhhhh... that was before he turned adult and had to kill them. This also happens before Nabooru gets captured, because this is in an alternate timeline. This is a scenario after time when Link goes back to warn the King about Ganondorf's rein of terror.

So this leaves Ganondorf and Twinrova out. But wait, then I can't connect Ganondorf and Twinrova to this, yet they can still work for Nabooru's capture.

That leaves it up to Gerudos in Termina because Ganondorf can't be there, he was "killed" by the King. Twinrova became good witches probably because Ganondorf never met them, or because Ganondorf's deal was finished when he was killed anyways.

But where do Gerudos brainwashing Gerudos fit in? Do you suppose they brainwash special Gerudos? The ones we see in the armor with crystals? Maybe they brainwash any of the elite Gerudos? Perhaps because they brainwash elite Gerudos when they reach their peak, and Nabooru was likely one of those elite because of her jewelry, which leaves me to suspect she was the only elite Gerudo to not be brainwashed because, at the time, she refused to work for Ganondorf.

Yet how, do you suppose, the Gerudos brainwash other Gerudos? I wonder if Nintendo left a clue, somewhere, in the Gerudo area? Perhaps there is something overlooked in the Spirit Temple. I would suppose that there would be a certain item involved in this somehow.

Here's an interesting thought here:

hmmmwz9.jpg

Zant has a symbol that resembles the Gerudo symbol. Zant controls the people of the Twilight Realm, and even turns his own people into those monsters that fall from the portal to kill Link. Perhaps this symbol is a mask, or some form of alternate religion in Zelda that involves some kind of mind control???

It's not like there's a mask around like this (fuck, maybe there is) so perhaps it's a religion, like witch craft. I mean, the chances of a mask being in the Twilight Realm, or maybe it's linked to the Twilight Realm somehow??

Also, I know the design is different, but that could be a design thing... also, the similarities of warping the same people (such as Zant does) is somehow linked to this.

Yeah, you can SAY they were aware the whole time, but what about when Nabooru is broken out of the armor, and goes "What happened?" She didn't look at all aware to me.

Well, I said I didn't remember if there were any contradiction. So, no awareness...

So... that part about they being sealed in the Spirit Temple might not work in accord to the story. OoT determines Twinrova as Ganondorf's surrogate mothers. Most likely who teached him magic too. So they had to be free to raise him, unless this previous Spirit Sage trapped them in the meantime between Ganondorf's training and Link's arrival.

That wouldn't work for the Termina timeline either, since Ganon would be defeated before the Spirit Temple events could unravel.

If I had to guess, I would say Twinrova brainwashed all the Iron Knuckles. Nabooru's capture vortex is summoned out in the open at the Spirit Temple's porch, so I don't think they need any special place to perform their spells. You could argue that for a stronger spell, they would use one. For it there is the boss room, with that magic circle.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.