Eevee's Stone of the Burned Tower (Full Story)

Airikita

(This is my attempt at a Pokemon Creepypasta, posted on another forum)

Hey there, this is the full version of my attempt at a Creepypasta "Eevee's Stone of the Burned Tower". It's a story about Crystal, from a Generation 2 game viewpoint, and an anime-esque style of writing, who comes across a special type of Pokemon.

-----------------------------------------

Part 1

It was just that time… the day I woke up with anticipation for a new Pokémon adventure. Like always, I watched TV every morning to watch the Pokémon battles. But today was special; it was my tenth Birthday! I was pumped, and popped in one of my favourite recordings of a very special Pokémon battle; one that got me started aspiring to be one of the greatest: Gold verses the Champion of the Elite Four!

The way Gold used his Pokémon… I studied his battles ever since I was little, following the strategies of all the top competitors! Being a girl, my mother always found it strange I was such a tomboy, but she couldn’t say much about it, some of the best tomboys are Gym Leaders, and even in the Elite Four!

I always liked Claire, until her smugness got the best of her. Her dragon Pokémon were all that mattered most to her, and she had powerful ones too. But when I saw her battle with Gold, I was disappointed. Not from Gold defeating her, no… I was disappointed because she made big speeches about working with Lance until she had her own Pokémon.

It was cool when she helped Gold, but she was not the coolest Gym Leader I met. Misty was cool too, yet she had her bratty moments. The one I would pick would probably be Jasmine. Her Steelix amazed me, and whatever she did with her Steel Pokémon, she did right. Not only was she quite the force to be reckoned with, but she was all around sweet, and cared for her Ampharos. Gold was amazing to help Jasmine. I never understood why she worried about people coming to aid her Ampharos, since she needed the help, but she was that refrained independent type, which is probably why her Pokémon were so amazing!

A while after watching my old recordings of Gold’s battles, I looked at the time. It was 10am! Wow, I’m late! I woke up early, but I should get going. “Mom! I’m coming downstairs!!†I ran down the stairs, all dressed in my outfit my mother bought and prepared for my special adventure. She got it the way I wanted it, just like May’s outfit on that anime show.

“You look great Crystal! Here’s your Pokegear and don’t forget to check the time… oh dear, what day of the week is it today?â€

“Oh mom, you forgot? I guess my birthday is one thing… I’m pretty sure it’s Tuesday!â€

“All right dear. Go see Professor Elm right away to get your Pokémon... be safe. Here’s some money for your trip, buy what you need!â€

Mother handed me six-thousand pokedollars. I put the money into my bag, and put it on my back. “Thanks mom! I’ll call you when I can… later!â€

I ran outside, in a rush. I forgot to give my mother a hug, but she knew.

I knew exactly what kind I wanted too. Gold chose Typhlosion, but my choice was easy enough… Chikorita! There would be no problem deciding for sure, I was well prepared.

Walking into the lab, I did not hesitate to make a beeline for Professor Elm. He greeted me. This time, not as a teacher of our small town of New Bark Town, but as an official professor. “Hello to you Crystal! Time does pass by doesn’t it… already you are ready for your first Pokémon, aren’t you?†I grinned big at his question, “Why wouldn’t I be?†I asked. “I’m ready!â€

I jumped up when I said that, I surprised myself. I could not contain my excitement. “That’s good…†started Professor Elm, “but there’s a small problem.†I stopped and looked at them. I didn’t know what to expect… but a problem? On my first day for my journey? I was puzzled… but I waited for an answer, confused. “I’m afraid I don’t have the usual starter Pokémon…†Elm said, “All I have is Sentrets for now.â€

Shocked, I couldn’t believe what came across this day. “You mean… I don’t get a Chikorita today??†I felt like crying, but then again, the thought of a Sentret didn’t sound too bad. Still, my idea of getting my Chikorita was crushed, and I had no idea how to react. I stared, not knowing what to say at this point.

“Right,†Elm nodded, “but that doesn’t mean you don’t get a starter, there might be some out in the wild, but they’re quite rare… the odds of finding one are highly unusual however…â€

Looking to Elm, I realized it didn’t matter. “I don’t mind… I wanted a Chikorita but…†looking down, I realized I was going to miss my Chikorita I wanted, but I looked in Elm’s eyes. “I would love a Sentret, it doesn’t stop me from starting my journey today!â€

“That’s the spirit!†Elm said, “usually most Pokémon trainers start complaining when this happens, and it’s difficult to bear… we don’t always get the starters in, so we’re left with local Pokémon until we get our shipment… if you do well, you can still come back and pick up the starter you were supposed to get. That is, if they aren’t being taken up by other new trainers.â€

No matter what, to me I didn’t mind. “It’s fine to me!†I held my hand out, and Elm handed me the Pokeball. Inside was what he promised, a small Sentret. It was so cute, I couldn’t resist not taking it either way! Besides, I was sure to find other Pokémon along the way. I learned from passing trainers about what kinds of other Pokémon were out on different routes, and even a Pokedex from Elm that would show me their locations!

When I went to leave after saying goodbye, I couldn’t help but notice something in the window outside the lab… something appeared to be peaking in from the bottom ledge, but vanished from the corner of my eye. Looking around nobody seemed to see anything. I didn’t know what it was, but the idea of it made me slightly nervous. Was it a Pokémon perhaps? Watching me? The strangeness of that seemed a bit odd… it’s possible it was a Pokémon, but not looking AT me…

Moving on, I had to shake what I saw off. I mean, I questioned if I even saw anything… it’s not like I heard it make a sound, it was quiet… was I seeing things? I walked along route twenty-nine, I was thinking too much about it. Likely it was just another Sentret, they’re so common during the day from what I have heard.

Walking through the grass, there were plenty of Sentrets. But not as strong as my Sentret. Seemed like my Sentret was trained a little bit. I always hear how starters are stronger than wild Pokémon at the beginning, but perhaps they are trained a bit before? Seems like my Sentret was. It’s not like this Sentret was any different, but I could see that this Sentret has a special edge to battling Pokémon. But, Sentret’s abilities and my skills can improve past that, especially with my Pokedex as my guide.

It didn’t seem like too many Trainers were out either. We got past Cherrygrove City on to Route 30, but still no Pokeballs. Seemed silly to be sent out without Pokeballs to build up protection. I mean, it’s probably a way to prevent new Trainers from going too far, but it was just me and Sentret, which I had to heal my Sentret at the Pokémon Center on the way.

I knew, at this point, that if I didn’t start training my Sentret, there would be a rough time battling Falkner. I checked my Pokedex to scan my Sentret. Surely enough, it was at level six, with some EXP close to seven. I decided to use Route thirty to my advantage for training Sentret, since I couldn’t even buy any Pokeballs at Cherrygrove Mart yet. They always seem to run out, I guess they get short stocked often.

Training and training, it slowly got to sunset, but I didn’t stop training Sentret, even when it got dark. I praised my Sentret well with each victory. I even gave it some berries I found, which made it happy. I was having no problems getting along with Sentret; I guess I got lucky with my starter. I heard of difficult Pokémon as starters, where trainers would get attacked by their own starters. Sentret was more trusting, for sure, but he didn’t show any signs of being nervous around me.

Since it was night, I figured the Cherrygrove City’s PokeMart would have some Pokeballs by now, so I headed back south to Cherrygrove City. It was a bit dark, so I tried to make my way back carefully. There was no-one around, and I had to jump over ledges to avoid the grass. Didn’t want to have to push my Sentret too hard after all that training.

I stopped before the entrance to Cherrygrove, and pulled out my Pokedex to check my Sentret. With Sentret by my side, I did a scan of it with my Pokedex. “Sentret is now level thirteen†said the voice on the Pokedex. Seemed all right, but didn’t seem like enough from all those wild Pokémon. Still, training on weak Pokémon in the wild will probably not render much experience anyways.

Happy with my Sentret’s effort, and my own, I kneeled down and petted my Sentret on the head. “Good Sentret, good boy!†I smiled. Sentret smiled back and purred. “Seeennnn...†…While petting my Sentret, I heard a snap in the trees to my left. It made me jump. Sentret perked up from the noise. I looked to see what it was, but it was too dark…. I saw a shimmer in the brush, a tiny fleck from something. I saw what looked two eyes and teeth. But I could only make out… something for a split second. Once I even saw whatever it was, the thing vanished like a blur into the trees.

Whatever I saw, it wasn’t normal… it’s possible it was a Pokémon, like Spinarak, but never have I seen a Spinarak that big! My heart was racing now… “Where did it go?†I asked myself. With the creature gone, and no more sound to be heard, I panicked more. My breath was out of my control. “L-let’s go Sentret!†Sentret sensed my panic too, and we both made a run for it. Straight to the PokeMart.

Panting when I got inside the PokeMart, a few late-night shoppers looked to me. Catching my breath, one of them approached me… an old man. He asked me:

“Are you all right miss? Don’t let the dark scare you… some Pokémon can be quite scary to new trainers in the dark, especially HootHoot!†I heard about HootHoot before.

I looked to the man. “HootHoot? I don’t think…†I tried to remember what a HootHoot looked like at night. Is it possible I saw its eyes and a beak? The eyes I saw were dark.

“Right…†said the old man, “HootHoot’s eyes shine in the night… a red glow. It’s quite scary, even for elite trainers who let their minds wander…â€

Red eyes were not what I saw… “Red eyes? That’s not what I saw… they were black!†I looked to the old man saying this. Although, I realized how crazy it sounded.

The old man chuckled. “Don’t be silly dear. Perhaps you saw a Spinarak? You should find a place to sleep to take your mind off of it though, don’t scare yourself so much… hohoho!†The old man left the store. Perhaps he was right, I might need to let it go… after all, it could have been a really big and fast Spinarak, although I thought I saw a lighter paler creature, but perhaps the night was playing tricks on my eyes.

Shaking the thought off my mind, I relaxed a little. There seems to be a lot of Pokémon, and I guess some are just curious about trainers. Still, the thought of a Pokémon attacking a trainer in the night could still send shivers down the spine.

Keeping my mind on task, I checked the PokeMart for Pokeballs at that point.

“Hello Ma’am, how may I serve you?†The cashier asked.

“I’m looking for Pokeballs, do you have any yet?†I asked him.

The cashier looked dismayed. “You’re not the only one asking… I don’t know where the shipment is, but we haven’t received any Pokeballs…â€

“No Pokeballs yet? No shipment?†I was puzzled. “What do you mean that you don’t know where the shipment is? When was it ordered?†I asked.

“I ordered them three weeks ago.†he started, “they should have been in last week, but they still haven’t arrived… I called all the gates, and there hasn’t been any report of the delivery van past Ecruteak City. They haven’t seen the delivery van since it passed by, and they don’t know if they went to Goldenrod City first, or if they took Route thirty-two to the Pokémon Center down there.â€

I was disappointed… I started to think of possibilities for the van’s disappearance. In the worst-case scenario, they probably fell into the lake while driving on Route thirty-four. I remember watching the Corsola get fished when I was seven with my mother. She loved to take me to the National Park, and we usually went to Route thirty-four for picnics.

The cashier spoke again, “However… if you go to Violet City, they have a large stock of Pokeballs. We’re always short because of our small storage, but other PokeMarts are pretty well-stocked. Plus regular Pokeballs are a lot easier to get from Goldenrod City, where most of the Pokeballs are transported to.â€

Knowing this, it was good information to go on. I mean, surely I knew to get Pokeballs at other cities, but I wasn’t expecting Cherrygrove’s PokeMart to be void of Pokeballs. I would have to make a long walk, but since I wasn’t tired, I figured I could make the walk.

“All right, perhaps I’ll make a walk there then. It’s not too far from here right?†I asked him.

“Right, but don’t let the dark get to you… some new trainers get easily lost in the dark. Nothing too dangerous if you already have a Pokémon strong enough. If you like, you can purchase the Potions while we still have them.†The cashier pointed to the refrigerators with the shelf of Potions. It seemed like a good idea, I knew I could use a few, so I bought some with the money I had from my mother.

For now I forgot about the Pokémon I saw in the dark. Didn’t seem like a big deal to get scared over a Spinarak anyways, whatever the Pokémon could be. There’s a rare chance of it being a legendary, but the Pokémon I saw was more than likely a Spinarak. Especially on Route thirty.

I headed through Route thirty like I did before, except this time heading for Route thirty-one. Along the way I spotted Mr. Pokémon’s house. It was abandoned by now, but it used to be the highlight of Gold’s start of his Pokémon journey… the very place where he met Professor Oak! Knowing Professor Oak is in Pallet Town, I wouldn’t meet him until my journey really takes flight! Passing by Mr. Pokémon’s house seemed to be pointless when it was only right to stop by the historical place, and check it out.

I snuck through the bushes, and hopped over a fallen tree to reach the door. I couldn’t contain my joy! It was so exciting to follow the same path as Gold! My excitement made my hand shake while I turned the door handle, and the door creaked open. It was hard to see indoors, without the moon light and stars, so I took out my flashlight. I could only see where I pointed it, so I did my best to look around.

Checking the ceiling, I noticed some webs. Spinaraks were more common at night, and since it was dark, I might see one too… but I didn’t see any in Mr. Pokémon’s old house. Some old machinery was around, but it was too old to even be usable. I heard in a newspaper that Mr. Pokémon got a nice research house near the beach, around Olivine City.

I didn’t hear anything in the house, and it wasn’t as exciting as I imagined. “Too old.†I thought… I still flashed my flashlight around, to every corner before I left. I then flashed it to a far corner in the back near the left wall. I was horrified at what I saw. My flashlight lit up a face, a human face! Laying in the corner… With the light, he looked very pale. In fact, the man wasn’t even moving…

“S… sir?†Even though he wasn’t moving, I thought, perhaps, that he was just lying there, pretending… With no response, I gasped. The man’s eyes were wide open, showing signs of fear before he… died? I couldn’t believe it either… it was a scientist too. Perhaps Mr. Pokémon’s friends, or one of Professor Elm’s assistants? What was this? I couldn’t contain my stomach, twisting at the horrific scene. His cheeks were sunken in, and he appeared to be drained, thin, as if he had never eaten before he died. His expression was too horrified to have died from a slow death, something happened… but there were no signs of a Pokémon attack, not even Zubat teeth marks from Leech Life.

Freaked out, I couldn’t bear the sight any longer, I ran out, and headed for Violet City in a panic. I felt like I should report it to the police immediately, something horrible happened to that man. It was a crime scene! If I didn’t report it, I would only be responsible for letting the scene go unnoticed.

I ran down route thirty-one as fast as I could, I could see the building gate down the path, so I ran towards it like a beacon. But before I could reach it, from the top of a tree jumped down a Pokémon, and landed in front of me, blocking my way. To my astonishment, it was that Pokémon I saw earlier, but its appearance took me by surprise. It was an Eevee… but something appeared wrong with this Eevee, it was not normal. Was it shiny? Its fur was an ashen grey, matted and patches missing in random spots around its body. It growled and panted in what sounded like pain, agony. Its eyes were sunken in, and dry. Its eyes were dull too, with no life to them. It had long sharp teeth, and a decaying mouth. The Eevee’s eyes also appeared slightly red around its eyelids. It looked like it hadn’t slept for years, and its body was emaciated to the point of its rib cage showing through its skin.

I was frozen in place at the sight. I could not turn my eyes away from it, but I could sense my Sentret was frozen too. I couldn’t speak, or move. Something was petrifying me, and not just from fear. In fact, I was so afraid I wanted to run, but I couldn’t move! The Eevee breathed deeply like an old man, with each pant, with each deep heart rendering growl. Its growl was deep, and felt like an earthquake in my body. It shook my soul.

The Eevee lurched, and crawled towards me, slowly. A flash thought crossed my mind. This Eevee… those teeth... None of the Pokémon Magazines, or news reports of Pokémon evolutions ever mentioned an Eevee like this one, and I thought I read about them all! When the Eevee came forward, feeling was starting to drain from my extremities. Slowly, as the Eevee approached me more, I was losing my sensations in and around me. In fact, I quickly lost a sense for my Sentret. This feeling… my body felt like it was draining… could this be what that scientist had happen to him?!

I could not move… I could not do anything… my heart raced, but it could not keep up, and slowed to a crawl, weakening gradually. I could feel my heart and mind being drained. My eyes were wide… I felt my life slip away from me… my vision grew darker, and I fell to my knees, then to the ground, unable to lift a finger.

The Eevee was close, and I could now see an aura around me, leaving my body. Looking at the Eevee, my aura was being sucked away into its mouth. My vision was dark, but I could make out a misty silhouette of the Eevee. It had sharp fangs as it grinned menacingly. Its eyes were maniacally fierce, and it grinned a sharp sneer.

My vision soon faded to black, and my aura was thinning out. All I could do was listen… listen to the breathing and growling of the Eevee. Then a flash of light came from the distance. I could make out the light, but then there was silence… no sound of the Eevee breathing over me, and I could no longer see a thing…

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Original topic: http://mahdrybread.freeforums.org/eevee-s-stone-of-the-burned-tower-incomplete-t1290.html

• Like 1

Part 2

I couldn’t even hear or think anything... everything was dark… but in the distance of wherever I was, I could see a figure, appearing in a blue flame. A figure stood in front of me, but I couldn’t see who it was… it was a shadow, dark like everything else except the flame.

A muffled voice called to me, and echoed from the figure. I tried to approach it, and I was getting closer… then the figure floated away, coveted in the blue flame. I tried to run after the figure, more muffled words… The words became louder and louder, and the figure disappeared into the distance, and the area around me grew bright, and blinded me.

It was bright, and I felt my eyes sting. A bright light hit my eyes, and had to shut them. Black… white…. Black… white… I was… awake?? I was lying down too. The room I was in soon became clear, and I was able to look around. I was in a bedroom, someone’s bed, and a man with short spiked blonde hair, a purple headband, purple scarf and a black shirt with white pants sat next to me. To my amazement, it was no other than Morty. He looked at me as I opened my eyes.

“Are you all right?†he asked me.

I couldn’t help but blush… Morty is only one of my favourite male Gym Leaders, practically a crush if you can call it that… I admired him so much when Gold battled him. When I watched the battle between them, I didn’t care who won.

“I think I’m fine…†I said… I mean, I REALLY thought I was fine? I thought I died… in fact, was I even dead? I must have been dead… or near death…

Morty continued talking to me. “That Eevee…†His faced turned serious, “That Eevee nearly killed you… I saw what it was doing… If I wasn’t there… what if that Eevee has done this to others I’m not aware of?† I stared at him for a while, listening to what he said…

“If the Eevee has done this to others…†I thought for a moment… I knew what I saw, back at Mr. Pokémon’s old house. “Have you seen that Eevee before?†I asked.

“No…†he said, “That Eevee is the first of its kind I ever saw, and I have never seen any Eevee, or Pokémon, that was undead like that one…â€

“Undead? That was… undead?†I remembered the Eevee’s appearance. Patches missing, a growl like an old man nearing his death… to me, it was more than undead, it WAS dead…

Then it came to me… “That scientist!†I sat up, exclaiming. Sweat poured over me. Morty looked to me in suspicion. Not in a way that he suspected me of anything, but when he heard what I said, he was highly invested.

“Scientist? What did you see? A scientist… did you see something related to that Eevee?†He was asking me a lot of questions, and I tried to catch my breath.

“Scientist… dead… Mr. Pokémon’s house… drained….†I couldn’t put the words together, the entire scenario of the scientist and that Eevee caused me to choke, and I was trying to gasp for air!

“Relax! RELAX!†Morty was holding me back, and pressed me into the bed. “Relax… calm down, it’s obvious it’s been one hell of a night for you… I apologise for prying…†Morty released pressure off of me, and sat on the edge of the bed. “If you can’t tell me now, you’ll have to explain it later. You shouldn’t be worrying about what happened.†Morty stood up, and walked to the door. “I am curious about Mr. Pokémon’s house, from what you’re telling me, but I will not leave you rest for now… I will report this all to the officers at the gate, and return to keep an eye on things here… it is not safe for anyone, even myself, to go to that house. If what you saw has to do with that Eevee, then it sounds like we’re all in serious danger…â€

What I saw… thoughts crossed my mind as Morty shut the door as he left. What I saw… I couldn’t explain anything I saw, or piece it together. My mind crunched under the pressure of trying to piece it all together, it was painful, like a cement wall falling on my head. I tried to stop thinking about it. I tried to keep my mind calm as I lay there. I soon relaxed, and closed my eyes for the night…

The next day, I slept in a few hours into the morning. While I didn’t feel well-slept, I felt like I had a good sleep, and had forgotten about last night. I sat up, and looked outside a window on the other side of the bed in front of me. The sunlight was soothing, but I wasn’t feeling happy. I was still weakened from near death. In fact, my arms still felt heavy, and my breath was weighed down by my chest. My chest felt like a bag of potatoes were pressing down. I stretched as best as I could, and I could feel the pain tightening in my limbs. Even so, the pain felt like nothing from before, as I felt… alive, but in a dazed way.

Heading out the door, the floor in the main room was a bit cooler. Outside sat Morty on a rice mat. He looked to me, and said: “You’re finally awake…. Feeling any better?â€

“I’m a bit… weak…†I replied. My steps were short, but if I didn’t move, I knew I would succumb to the weakness. Moving was my best option, no matter how uncomfortable it was.

Morty stood up. “You should sit down… let me prepare something for you.†Morty then headed over to the kitchen, and grabbed a plate, along with some frozen waffles from his fridge. I sat on a mat near his mat, and tried to relax without passing out from fatigue.

Morty heated the waffles up on a pan, I could hear the simmering from where I was sitting. Once he was finished, he brought the waffles over. “Here you go.†Morty said, handing over the plate. I nodded in thanks, unsure if I could speak the words, feeling as though my voice was still not awake enough. I started to eat the breakfast Morty served to me as he sat down again on his mat.

The clock on the wall read noon, but I wasn’t worried about how late it was. Morty looked at me, as if he wanted to ask me a question, but stayed silent. I knew what he wanted to ask me, about what I saw… about that scientist from Mr. Pokémon’s house. It wasn’t just that curiosity either, he looked like he was concerned about my condition. Once I finished eating, I thanked Morty as I put the empty plate next to me. I was more awake by that point. “You’re very welcome.†Morty said, and he took the empty plate to put it in the kitchen.

“You should get outside.†He said, “The fresh air will get your senses back to normal. I don’t think that Eevee will trouble anyone during the day, since it’s too bright out, and will be noticed. Pokémon like that are more wary about their surroundings during the day, and prefer to hide. That Eevee could easily catch someone’s attention…â€

Morty’s words seemed as though he was trying to make me feel safer. However, I recalled something else. That Eevee was watching me at Professor Elm’s lab on my first day… I didn’t think much of it until now, but the grey fur and dull eyes are something that stood out. Something I noticed out the window when I was leaving, before it disappeared.

â€œThat Eevee…†I spoke. “That Eevee was watching me, on that day… on my first day…â€

This seemed to shock Morty. “Are you sure?†He asked.

“Yes… I remember seeing it outside the window of Professor Elm’s lab as I was leaving with my Sentret.â€

I quivered at the thought. Not only was Eevee watching me, but it was planning on draining me the entire time… but why would it want me dead? Was I just an easy target because I had no strong Pokémon?

As I thought about it, it even made shudder after seeing the dead scientist.

“The scientist…†I started, “Eevee must have… killed him…â€

Morty turned to me, and said: “What scientist is this? Tell me what happened.â€

I then explained the story, about me walking into Mr. Pokémon’s old house, and finding a dead lab assistant, drained, thin and lifeless. “It also seemed like Eevee targeted me, with only my Sentret. Sentret is too weak to take on that Eevee, even if Sentret wasn’t as afraid as I was.â€

“Of course…†Morty said, “It seems to be somehow related to some reports…†I looked at him, confused. “There have been other reports,†he said, “of people going missing, and when they are found, they are usually dead, and mysteriously thin. They are always citizens without Pokémon, and appear as though they’d been sucked dry of life. In fact, there has only been a few reports so far… as if this just started in the last two months.â€

Uneasy at that point, I realized I wouldn’t have just been dead on Route thirty-one, but I would have been like the scientist.

Morty started talking again: “But what doesn’t make sense is where it attacked you… right in the open. It’s unusual since all the other people found were in secluded areas, or in an empty room.†Then he looked to me. “How long was Eevee following you?†He asked.

“It was only a day…†I said, “Also, I wasn’t in Mr. Pokémon’s house very long, and I didn’t really go inside, just looked inside with my flashlight.â€

“Right,†Morty started, “and because the Eevee couldn’t attack you in a hidden spot, it took the opportunity to attack you before you could reach the gate. Still though…†Morty held his chin, pondering, “I wonder why it was draining you, and what for?â€

We discussed things a bit further, about where the Eevee might be hiding. From what I saw, it was in the forest, but Morty didn’t think it would just be hiding in the forest as the attacks were everywhere… even in Cianwood City, which was its own island. He also told me that the police were notified, and that they would now be patrolling all the routes… except for Ilex Forest, which is too dark at night to patrol anyways, and people would be warned at both entrances not to enter during night.

Morty told me to continue my training, but to stay out of the night. “If you don’t continue to get stronger, you will only fall behind…†he told me. I left Morty’s house feeling a bit safer, but the lingering memory of that Eevee petrifies me to never go down Route thirty-one again. I called my mother, and told her I was safe. I couldn’t tell her the details of what happened, as it would break her spirit, but I briefly told her that I was still alive. She had already heard the news on TV about the police watching for a dangerous Pokémon. I am not sure if she knows if it’s the Eevee I saw, but her voice was distraught, and worried about me.

I told her I loved her, and that I would continue my journey with caution. I could never go down Route thirty-one to go back, it was out of the question. I could only think of meeting that Eevee again, and likely that Eevee was still searching for me there.

Morty did the courtesy of showing me the safe Route back to Violet City. He told me to be careful, but also to train in Bellsprout Tower. “There are lots of people in Bellsprout Tower, and the tower is protected by Pokémon.†Morty told me, and continued: “The Eevee would be foolish to bother you there… you can also face Falkner, and when you defeat him you can move on. I hope to see you safe when you come to my gym in Ecruteak City.†He walked off, and I headed to Violet City after giving him a nod.

While I was enthralled by Morty helping me out, but I tensed up when I entered Violet City. The city was fine, but I felt a quiet come across me. I could sense the air around me as unsettling. Perhaps it was my fear, but something struck me as odd in the city. Still I pressed on, and when I entered Bellsprout Tower, a calm feeling washed over me. The wooden floor and the rocking pillar was calming, and the place felt very homely. There were some trainers there, and everyone was battling the wild Pokémon in the tower, and the trainers. It wasn’t too difficult with my Sentret at the level he was at. In fact, after a bit of training, and training a new Gastly I captured, I was eventually able to face Falkner.

I trained my Sentret well enough to handle Falkner, and I even trained Gastly a little bit, but there wasn’t much I could do unless Gastly attacks other wild Gastlys. Still, Hypnosis was useful, and I managed to get Gastly to learn Curse. I leveled it to level sixteen with hours of training, but in the end curse was going to be a good weapon against Falkner.

When I fought Falkner, as I expected the battle was a breeze. While Falkner was one of my favourite gym leaders, he wasn’t the strongest. Mud-slap was annoying, but my Gastly managed to use Hypnosis just fine. Curse made the process a bit slow, but it was effective.

Even though I had forgotten about Eevee, going outside in Violet City still made me tense… even after leaving Bellsprout Tower. I didn’t know why, but every time I went outside, the tenseness of the air made me remember that horrifying night. I even felt… watched. I started to wonder if I was sensing Eevee nearby… or maybe I was getting paranoid. Perhaps it was the fact I was outside, bringing back some subconscious fear.

Still, I pressed on during the day. Just as Morty said, there were police officers outside patrolling. They were out in the day, probably making absolutely sure that the Eevee doesn’t ambush random people.

After heading down Route thirty-two, and reaching the Pokémon Center, it was around sunset. Near the Pokémon Center was the Union Cave. A nearby trainer told me the cave was a short trip, and the officer patrolling the cave entrance assured me it was still safe to head through, and there were police still patrolling the cave.

Entering the cave, a breeze of air blew at me. It could have just been the wind passing through the cave, but something was unsettling about it… it didn’t sound like wind, but like a breath, a groan… like sighing. There was a hint of it sounding like an old man’s voice, but it was difficult to make out. Even so, I pressed on, but the thought of it make me quiver. The cave was also cold and dry, much like Mr. Pokémon’s old house.

Throughout the cave, there were plenty of strong Pokémon. I caught myself an Onix, but there was no time to train it, as I had to keep moving until I reached Azalea Town. The air was so dry, it felt dead. It reminded me of the scientist I saw… including the smell. The dust and the stale air reminded me of it too much. Getting outside would be my best option.

Along the way, after battling trainers, I neared the end when I came across an old man. He didn’t have any Pokémon, but approached me anyways. “Why hello there dear…†Said the old man. “I see you made it here, hohoho!†To my surprise, it was the nice old man from Cherrygrove City. I smiled.

â€œWhy hello, I met you before.†I said.

“Correct my dear, you moved fast since we met… it’s been a few days, and I see you have stronger Pokémon now?â€

“Why yes,†I said, “and I’m probably past the worst so far…â€

“I see you are young lady…†he continued, “and I’m sure that Spinarak is off your mind?â€

“I… well… it wasn’t a Spinarak, I think… I’m not sure, but I don’t think it’s what you think it was sir.â€

“Are you sure?†he paused, “Don’t let an old man fool you, I’ve seen plenty of scary things in my life… truly frightening things… but you can’t let a Spinarak, or whatever it was, hold you back.â€

I felt odd about his comment. In fact, it was a bit true. I was holding back, but still moving forward. Perhaps I was even forcing myself through these moments. But yet, the old man seemed to know how I was feeling.

“You understand then?†I asked.

The old man smiled, and patted my shoulder. “My dear…†he spoke, then leaned close to my ear, and whispered: “You’re only letting your weakness get you trapped, your Pokémon will show it.â€

With those last words, he left the cave exit. I paused for a second as he left, then followed after. Without any sign, I could not see him when I left the cave. Worst of all, the sky was already in the darkness of the night. “What happened?†I said to myself. It was bizarre, because there was no police officers at the exit as the officer had told me, and no sign of anyone. The time seemed to have shifted. “It should still be sunset…†I pondered this… I wasn’t in the cave that long at all. The sun was setting, yes, but at this point the moon and stars were in plain sight.

A wind blew past. It sounded like the breeze I heard entering the cave earlier, but this time outside on Route thirty-three. This time it was slightly louder. It actually sounded like the Eevee’s groan was breathing on my neck when the wind blew past. It was so cold… I shivered. Fearing the worst, I knew my life was in danger again. I hurried down the path to reach Azalea Town. Running by the well, I tripped and fell, losing my footing in my panic. My breath quickening, another wind passed by. This time with a groan, like the Eevee’s growl. I felt it on my chest this time… it was closer, and it froze me.

My head was down. I couldn’t move, afraid, petrified. I heard the growl in a low pitch, rising in strength. The full force of it was on my chest. I looked up, and saw what I feared. At first it was nothing, but then Eevee faded in, as if it was invisible… “E…Eevee…. N… no….†I knew this was it again, just like Route thirty-one. I felt desperate this time. Instead of staying down to allow Eevee to drain me, I gathered the strength to push myself onto my feet. I was unable to maintain my balance, and I was trembling in fear… however I managed to grab a Pokeball.

I dropped the Pokeball trying to throw it, and I ended up choosing Gastly. I knew it was Gastly I was choosing, but unable to feel my way through my Pokeballs, I somehow managed to pull out its Pokeball. “Gastly… use Hypnosis!†I figured this would work… in fact, either the Eevee I was seeing was still the Normal type, a ghost, or a Ghost-type… What was up with this Eevee? I couldn’t tell. To say the least, Gastly could sense my fear, but managed to use Hypnosis. The Hypnosis was a direct hit, and my Gastly put all its power into the move. But even though it was a direct hit, the Eevee stood there, unaffected.

“Gastly, Lick it!†Gastly tried to Lick it. It appeared to make Eevee flick its ear, but it only got louder with its growl. Not knowing what else to do, I started to throw rocks, I even tried to get Gastly to use Hypnosis again. Eevee let out a trebling growl, shaking my entire body to the core. I froze, unable to move… but within a brief moment, when I could move, I attempted to escape. I ran into Azalea Town, the Eevee was now chasing me… even teleporting. It growled louder and louder, trying to freeze me each time, even draining me a little each time. Each time I resisted more. I was getting weaker, but I still ran. I tried the doors of every house, including the Pokémon Center, the PokeMart, and the gym. All were locked shut!

I was getting away from Eevee, but I felt my muscles straining harder than ever to keep moving… Then I realized something… I started to realize that this Eevee was manipulating the entire fabric of this world, or my mind. With no avail, I ran and ran into Ilex Forest. I ran and ran without looking back. Eventually I got lost. Halfway through the forest, perhaps (when I stopped), I couldn’t contain my breathing, gasping for air, weakened greatly after being drained as well as being extremely exhausted. My legs gave in, and I sank down to the ground. I was dizzy, but I could still make out the Eevee now crawling towards me. This is it, I thought… I had nowhere to go… The Eevee growled at me again, forcing a wave of energy that made me heavy… pressing me into the ground. I covered my eyes, and feared the worst. What could I do now? I was surely doomed for good.

Although, to my surprise, everything went quiet… it was peaceful again. I thought I was imagining it again. Is it possible that the Eevee is still manipulating my mind? Am I dead again? I opened my eyes moving my arms away from covering them. I was… still in the forest.

I sat up, and looked around… no Eevee? In fact, it was sunlight again, it was… morning? To my surprise, not only was it not even sunset, or night, and I just imagined the whole thing, but it was even the very next day! Looking at my Pokegear, it was Thursday. I didn’t know what to do next. When I got up, I was still weak from being drained and running… proof that what just happened was real. “I did meet Eevee again…†I knew it wasn’t a dream, as I was still shaking from terror, and unable to carry myself without my legs giving in. I needed to rest… and I did so. I lay down in the grass, taking a rest to collect myself and gather strength.

I couldn’t understand what happened. I wasn’t dreaming it all, so what exactly happened? Not only did the Eevee have the perfect opportunity to drain my life away, it just… vanished. Could it have been tired? Could it have already been close to morning? Or did the Eevee just give up because it saw my determination to live? Or… perhaps… the Eevee is just toying with me now, making me suffer longer, and enjoying my pain. This Eevee was pure madness and insanity, it would not just give in without a reason…

However the situation was, I seemed to be safe, but I took precaution. Gastly was still out of its Pokeball and was watching over me. Gastly was concerned about me, but I couldn’t keep it loose. I recalled Gastly, and calmed my nerves. Eventually I was able to collect my thoughts, gather strength from a good rest, and follow the path I came back from to Azalea Town.

I was hesitant at first, since I had no idea if this was still an illusion, but I left the forest back to the town. To my surprise, the town was… normal again. People were outside, and some doors were opening. The Pokémon Center was even busy with a few trainers.

I still thought it was a dream, but I was able to get around to heal my Pokémon, and start training again. I couldn’t stop thinking about that event… that darkness… so fast… I trained to get stronger. I pushed myself past my weakness, but needed to rest in-between training. I mean, since Eevee left me after I fought my way away, perhaps if I made myself stronger, and my Pokémon, I would be safe… or at least safer… After all, Morty surmised that the Eevee attacked people with no Pokémon. Although, he said nothing about Eevee attacking new trainers… maybe I was the first one? Perhaps Eevee finds it more challenging to attack a trainer, and is practicing on me?

The fact that Eevee confronted my Pokémon seemed as though it was trying to challenge me… as if it was testing itself… perhaps even leaving me after finding out it’s true potential, and moving on? All seemed to be baffling... Why did it leave me? What was it up to?

I focused on my training, and leveled up my Onix to match up with the rest of my team, and make them stronger so I could keep moving forward. The faster I move forward, the stronger, better, and more confident I felt about myself…. Yet still uncertain… uncertain if or when Eevee will come back for me, and if there is more to that Eevee than its appearance…

• Like 1

Part 3

After my time in Azalea Town, I finally made my way through Bugsy, Ilex Forest, then arrived at Goldrenrod, and defeated Whitney. I stayed in Goldenrod overnight, and trained in the day. By the time I was ready to finally go to Ecruteak, it was Saturday. My Pokémon were around levels 22 and 23, still not enough to challenge Morty, but enough to get things started. I now had a Furret, a Haunter, my Onix, and a newly captured and trained Pokémon: a Kadabra. I built my team for strategic reasons, but I was creating a battle plan for the Eevee along my journey. With Kadabra for back-up, Haunter’s Hypnosis, which failed last time as a result of Gastly being too weak, and my Onix could act as a strong defense. While the Eevee seemed to be a ghost, it could all just have been an illusion.

Without a clue of what I was going to face, I built my team around protecting myself. I had no idea if the Eevee was watching over me while I was travelling through Ilex Forest, or while I train on my journeys, but Eevee only seemed to come out at night, and I sadly had no Pokémon who could use Sunny Day, if that would help at all.

With that in mind, I gave Professor Elm a call to check if any of the starters arrived. Professor Elm disappointed me with a “No, sorry…†With that, I was left with few options. I taught my Haunter flash just in case. Since it produced a temporary light, perhaps that would deter the Eevee, or maybe distract it when we meet again.

I also remembered the time I went to Cherrygrove… the story of the missing delivery van with the Pokeballs. I was careful when buying Pokeballs, and captured Pokémon carefully. Abra was a tricky one, but I got lucky with it. Perhaps that sort of luck is a good sign, the same as how I keep escaping with my life. Maybe, I thought to myself, that I might just get lucky throughout this hunt. Whatever this luck is, it might just pay off. But perhaps I was relying on luck too much, and was just gambling my life? I wasn’t seeking out Eevee, it was seeking me.

Watching the news in one person’s house, the news mentioned something odd. Officers were missing from patrolling. Perhaps I didn’t notice when I was around Route thirty-four, but I did notice that it was only trainers from then onward. Routes thirty-four and thirty-five were filled with trainers, and no police in sight. Despite this concern, I knew I had to start training extra for Morty. I wanted to meet him alive, but I also wanted to surprise him with my strong Pokémon.

Cutting down a tree, I walked in a path surrounded by trees and grass. Usually trainers hide behind these paths, and considering it was so busy on these routes, I did not see anyone around or ahead. So I wandered around in the grass.

As I walked down, my foot snagged on something soft, like a cloth. I fell on my face and landed on someone’s stomach. It was cold, and felt really weird. I jumped up, and looked down. There were three bodies on the ground… thin and dead, and drained of life. I knew what happened now… Eevee must have given up on me and needed other souls to drain? It didn’t seem that way…

I then noticed a van was buried behind some trees. It also had the Pokémon Corp logo on the side… it was the delivery van, it must be! These bodies were likely the delivery men. I felt uneasy, and sensed something wrong, like I couldn’t stay there any longer without something happening. Without any officer to report it to, I ran out of the area, and into the National Park where it would be safe… or so I thought.

Entering the gate to National Park, the room was empty. I decided to relax a bit to calm myself. I couldn’t help but notice an eerie quiet over the room. Route thirty-five was still bustling with people, but I heard no sound from National Park… not even any chirping or barking of happy Pokémon.

I opened the door to the park… the sight made my stomach turn, and turned me white to the bone… more people… all over National Park... dead. They were on the ground, in benches, and even near the fountains… drained bodies spread around. They looked worse than the other bodies I found, this time the park was dead too. The grass and greenery was wilted and shrivelled… almost resembling the ashen grey like the coat of Eevee’s mangled fur.

I was too afraid to go through, so I headed the other way. Running in a hurry, I had to rush to Ecruteak to alert Morty of the news.

I took a shortcut to Route thirty-seven, and rushed my way to Ecruteak. Finally, I made it! Without a break, I searched for Morty’s gym, and rushed inside. Out of breath, my eyes were wired, unable to shake what I had seen.

Morty was waiting in his gym, but as soon as he saw my face, he stood up stunned, unsure of what to make of it. I struggled to make my way towards him, and he started to approach me as well. I fell to my knees, grabbing his shirt, sobbing. Gathering my words, I told Morty about the missing police, the dead bodies, and the delivery truck… Everything I told him struck him cold.

“W…what? None of this makes any sense…†Morty struggled to gather his words.

Unable to know what to do next, Morty stood there. After a few moments, Morty put his hands on my shoulders. “I don’t know what to do… perhaps we should do something, but I don’t know what...â€

Morty helped me back up. “I’m glad you’re still alive, but we must be careful now... Things are not looking good for Johto…†I felt safe with him... He saved my life once, but it was now that I felt we were in terrible danger...

“It isn’t safe anymore, Morty…†I said, “Eevee is going to destroy everything… I’m sure of it after seeing what I saw in National Park…â€

Before Morty could say anything, the gym faded into darkness. The lights didn’t shut off…they just dimmed away. The sky outside turned black, and the trainers in the gym disappeared… Morty was still standing next to me.

“What is this?†Morty said.

“Oh no…†I replied, “This is what Eevee did in Azalea Town!â€

Morty looked to me in surprise, “Eevee did what? What happened in Azalea Town?â€

By that time, that booming growl reverberated in the gym, and shook us both.

“Is this an earthquake? What is this?†Morty grunted…

“I-It’s Eevee……†I grunted, trying to be strong against the shockwaves.

Both of us were rendered unable to move ourselves by Eevee’s growl. But there it was, at the entrance of the gym… slowly walking towards us, paralyzing us. Whatever it was, this was no average Pokémon attack.

“I...I can’t move… this Eevee… how is it?...†Morty was frozen in place, then fell to his knees… I was stuck as well.

Unable to explain it myself, Morty was just as baffled as I was. It was then that the Eevee started to drain Morty’s life away. Morty let out a shout as he was being drained. The Eevee was sucking away his life, choking his strength away, bit by bit, and I knew it.

Morty struggled to get up, but he was frozen in place like I was when I first encountered Eevee. There was one thing though… Eevee was only draining Morty, but not me. Even though its growl was holding me down, I was not as frozen as Morty. Uncertain as to WHY Eevee was doing this, I held myself up with tense legs. I grabbed my Pokeball, and sent out Onix. Using Onix, I ordered Onix to protect Morty.

“Onix! Wrap around Morty to block Eevee’s attack!â€

Onix did just that, creating a barrier. My Onix was now being drained, but this did not deter the Eevee. The Eevee only continued to drain whatever was there, and did move from its place.

Knowing that Onix was in one spot, I still knew Onix was able to attack the Eevee. “Onix, use Rock Throw!†I ordered. Onix gathered rocks from the gym, and sent them at Eevee’s head. The impact managed to knock Eevee back, and sent it falling on its back. While the Eevee was dazed, I sent out my Haunter. “Haunter, use Flash!†Haunter then flashed the Eevee. The move made it blink, but didn’t stop it from draining my Onix again. Another Rock Throw, and I had Haunter Flash until it couldn’t do it anymore. The Eevee was blinded for a moment, but then shook off the effects. Morty was still unable to get up, drained of a good portion of his energy.

I didn’t know why the Eevee wasn’t attacking me, but my Onix was also becoming weak, and so was my Haunter… unable to battle as their life was being sucked away.

Afraid to lose my Pokémon, I then called forward Kadabra. I tried to get Kadabra to Disable Eevee’s draining, but it never worked. Confusion did confuse the Eevee, but it barely ever lasted a second. This Eevee wasn’t really affected by my attacks…

Onix was drained a lot, and close to becoming dead. Scared, I recalled my Onix and Haunter. The Eevee started to drain Morty once again. I got Kadabra to block Eevee next, but then Eevee stopped.

It just sat there… grinning…

Then it started to laugh, almost cackling in a deep wheeze: “Hwuahwahwa…†Eevee’s voice got deeper, and older… it started to sound like an old man’s voice. “Hwahwahwo…†Eevee kept laughing... “Hwahoho…â€

It was then the Eevee was transforming. Its body crunched and bulged… it stood up on its hind legs as its body stretched out, and extended… becoming boney and covered in skin. Its face bended and warped into something else... its nose became shorter, and its cheeks sunk inward. It morphed and twisted its body, until it eventually transformed into an old man. I wasn’t a regular old man either… it was the old man from the Cherrygrove PokeMart and Union Cave…

“Hohohohoho…. remember me young lady?†The old man’s cheerful face had its crinkle, but his skin and hair and beard were tangled and dead like the Eevee’s mane, and his skin sagged a grey, dull tone on his arms and body, which were bonier than before.

“Wh… what? You didn’t… you… have been doing this?†I struggled to grasp my words. What I saw, I couldn’t believe it, but I started to understand why the old man just vanished that day in Azalea Town, and that it was him, the Eevee, who attacked me…

“My dear… I don’t want to kill you, no…†The old man smiled saying this, and then continued: “after you fought such a good battle, however pointless it was, I decided to spare you… I don’t know why, but I have decided to give you a choice…†His face twisted, and sneered transforming into the Eevee’s face. His voice was also went deeper, like the Eevee’s voice. “You can join me, Crystal, or face your final fate, along with your friend, Morty… hohoho…â€

He even knew my name… “You were spying on me how long? How do you know my name?!†I cried.

He only grinned more, and cackled at me. “It is too late for explanations… decide now, or you will both die…†the old man said.

I hesitated… looking at Morty, I saw that he was struggling to push himself up. He looked at me. “Don’t do it Crystal…†he said, “I don’t care if I die, but giving up yourself to this guy is not worth living for…â€

I didn’t know what to think, but knowing I didn’t want to give up to the old man… I nodded to Morty…

I looked back at the old man… I yelled at him: “I don’t want to be with you… that wouldn’t be right! I can’t allow you to kill people!â€

The old man’s twisted Eevee face turned to a frown. He spoke: “That was a poor decision… you will not live to see anything… You will also watch Morty die in front of you, and then you’re next!â€

The room itself began to warp, and twist. The illusion made me lose my balance, and the same with Kadabra. The gym soon disappeared, and in its place, we were now in the basement of a burned tower.

“We’re in… the Burned Tower?†Morty said, struggling his words more.

I looked to him, confused to the situation: “What does this mean Morty? What is this?â€

“I don’t know…†he said, “I don’t see why… he would bring us here…â€

“You are not seeing it?†the old man asked. “I was once an evolution stone salesman… I was a merchant in Ecruteak City… I sold stones to your dancers!â€

Morty seemed surprised by this. I heard about the dancers and their new Eevee evolutions when they evolved them. It was a big spectacle, and they performed a beautiful dance with them… then they lost their Pokémon in the tower…

“Wait…†I said, “Did you sell the stones to the dancers who lost them in the Burned Tower where we stand?â€

“Correct my dear…†the old man said, “not only that, but their Pokémon were chasing me that fateful day…†he wheezed… “The dancers were mad at me one day… they were jealous… of other trainers and performers being able to buy the stones I was selling… So… they decided to send their Flareon, Jolteon, and Vaporeon after me…â€

“What are you talking about?†Morty asked, “Those dancers had nothing against you, you sold them those stones!â€

“That’s where you’re not seeing things… Morty…†The old man glared at us at that moment. “Those dancers wanted me out… they didn’t want any competition. So when they chased me, I ran into the tower, for protection… unfortunately, that protection was a lie… all three Pokémon were told to attack me, and without their trainers in the tower, their attacks went wild, DESTROYING EVERYTHING!!†The old man roared, and his face twisted more. “Thanks to your people, nobody stopped them! They just watched their Pokémon chase me. They claimed that I scammed them, ripped them off… Me and the Pokémon died as a result of their ignorance to their Pokémon… nobody remembered me after… they only say now that three Pokémon died in the Burned Tower!!â€

The man let out another roar, sending us both falling back. He crossed his arms, and his arms extended longer… his fingers and hands extending too. He then wheezed, and spoke more: “So this is me… that little old man, chased by those Pokémon… those dancers… dead… right before your eyes… forgotten.†His legs grew longer, extending and bending into Eevee-like legs, but as long as legs, and as boney as a starving old man. He continued: â€I watched the dancers get their new Eevee evolutions, and went on like nothing happened… like it was nothing more… they even moved on, and got new Eevees to replace their old ones!†The old man drifted towards us, floating in the air, up to my face. “Everyone must die… even you two… Everyone will perish … nobody cares… if anything, nobody cared. You will both suffer, then Johto will vanish once I gain everyone’s souls…â€

The old man held out his hand, opening a portal around Morty. The dark portal wrapped around Morty, choking his life away... Morty was already weak, but this time collapsed to the ground, and started thinning away. The old man growled and turned to me. “You will die next, my dear…â€

I couldn’t move… Morty now laid there… gone… I turned to the old man, and his sneer was sharp and piercing.

The old man then growled at me, sending me flying into a wall. The growl was a powerful blast, hurting my back against a wall. Eventually Kadabra vanished away, and so did my Pokeballs. I went to reach for one, but they were gone… even my belt disappeared.

“Your Pokémon will die next… but you will pay the price for using them as your slaves!†The old man said, draining me next. I fell to my knees. “You used your Pokémon to be drained… like tools… You are JUST LIKE those dancers…â€

I tried to struggle, but I was unable to resist as I weakened further… I was giving in, feeling hopeless…

Feeling my own life being drained, it suddenly stopped. I didn’t think the old man was going to spare me at this point, so I only expected the worst to happen next.

The old man rushed up to me, and grabbed my throat, choking me. As he was choking me, the walls around us started to char and blacken, like tar. The old man’s twisted Eevee face grew sharper teeth as I gasped for air. He grinned and growled at me, shaking my body, as he was giving me a painful, slow death. His face started to sink in, and his body started thinning down more. His body was exposed as his rags seemed to wilt away and fall off from age. He still wore a ripped loin cloth.

His fingers elongated, and his body transformed into a deformed Eevee with an old man’s body. The mane and tail were there, but resembled his beard, and he had a long, pointed Eevee nose.

I also noticed something else as my vision was fading… a split in the man’s forehead started to show. Inside it, a black stone glinted.

Believing I have found a big break, I began to struggle away from the man’s strong grip, reaching for his forehead...  but he clenched his hand tighter around my throat, so I was unable to squirm. As I was beginning to fade, my Haunter appeared… appearing in the same room as I was in.

My haunter grabbed the old man’s head, and started to Lick it. I did not know at this point if Haunter was really there or not, but this time, it seemed like it was working. Haunter then vanished away. The old man went limp, and released me from his death grip. Gasping for air, my vision came to, and I regained strength again. I could tell my Haunter gave me this energy… it not only vanished, but when it did, that was when I gained my strength again.

I pulled my way to his head, and managed to reach up to pull out the stone. The stone was pitch black… one of which I have never seen in any Pokémon Magazines, or anywhere I have studied Pokémon stones…

The old man began to wail, clutching his forehead… his entire body twisted and warped into indescribable figures and expressions. The man’s body shriveled more, withering away to bone. His bones protruded, and is skin perforated exposing his joints, and jagged ends stuck out like spears...

He fell to pieces, melting, peeling, and bending... His bones crackled and snapped until his body crumbled to dust and soot.

By then, it appeared to be the end of it… it was over… However, now Morty lays there on the ground, cold, and lifeless… I approached Morty’s body, and kneeled next to it. I cried… I touched his back, and it was cold, but I didn’t care anymore… I was alive, but here I was… left to suffer… Not only was my favourite gym leader gone, but a new friend… and I will never even be able to battle him.

The orb I had in my hand started to glow… when I opened my hand to look at it, it broke. Out of it came waves of energy. Out of that energy, some of it absorbed back into Morty’s body, and he started to move again.

“M…Morty?†I was surprised to see him move… He moved his arms to get up.

“Ugh…†Morty grunted, pushing himself up. “Ah… I…I’m alive? …and I… feel fine?†Morty brushed his clothes off from the dust, and we stood up together, looking at the pile of dirt. “What is that?â€

I looked to him, and simply said: “The old man is gone….â€

Morty was relieved, but didn’t know what to think of the current situation. We were now stuck in the basement, with one exit, and the basement was a huge room.

“We better head up.†He said. So, we started walking over to the exit.

Everything was silent… the area was so quiet, even our footsteps were lost in the vast space of the basement.

Then we heard a noise… the ground shook... A growl slowly groaned from behind us… it was… the old man?

We turned around, afraid to imagine it was possible… but we only saw the apparition of the old man, hovering above his crumbled corpse. He groaned and howled: “Come back to me… all of you… Come back now!†The ground began to shake, and the basement started to warp and twist around us. Scared for our lives, we started to run away. The walls were bending and merging, holes were opening up in the walls and in the ground.

Panicking, we rushed to the exit… we were close, but not quite there. The room was still closing in, the basement was shrinking all around us... collapsing into a void in the middle of the room… Running as fast as we could, we managed to reach the exit. “GO, HURRY!†Morty shouted at me. He didn’t need to, but panic had rendered us bewildered, and Morty was only encouraging me to move faster.

We jumped over barriers folding up from the bending ground, being pulled back each time. The room was getting smaller, being dragged back towards the ghostly old man. But the exit was still getting closer too, but not as fast as we were being pulled towards the vortex. We ran and ran on the bending and twisting ground… we felt like we weren’t moving forward, but we were moving away from the vortex bit by bit.

We then finally reached the exit; the room smaller than it was before, starting to pull us down with the force of the vortex. We struggled to climb up, nearly losing our grip as the way up was twisting and bending as we desperately tried to hold on.

The old man started yelling and howling in his ghostly voice: “NO! YOU WILL NOT LEAVE!!†The old Eevee-deformed ghost man flew towards us. He grabbed both of our legs, and started pulling us down. With the basement collapsing in on our feet, the vortex pulling us down, and the old man pulling us down, we couldn’t climb out…

We still hung on to the rafters of the exit, hanging on for dear life. As the room shrunk down, Morty managed to pull us above the next floor, but with our legs still being sucked in.

We pushed and pulled, trying to free ourselves of the old man’s grip. Clinging to the wood floor, we clawed our way out until we finally broke free… Catching our breath, we didn’t look back… but then we heard silence…

Out of curiosity, and wondering why it was silent all of a sudden, we looked down the exit to the next floor… Looking in, the walls were no longer caved in, the ground stopped shaking, the floor wasn’t falling apart, and the basement was… normal once again. We looked a bit, and didn’t have anything to say other than utter relief. We were alive, and narrowly escaped death… too many times…

When we turned around to leave, we found our Pokeball belts beside us… Haunter was back in its Pokeball… “That’s strange…†I said. “My Haunter was there to help me… but it’s still here…â€

“Well that is odd… and our Pokémon are just here?†said Morty. “You didn’t call him out, did you?â€

“No… I lost my Pokeballs when we went to that basement…â€

“…Strange…. Perhaps your Haunter escaped while you were in danger, then went back?â€

I stared at Haunter’s Pokeball for a while… “…I’m not sure…..â€

I stared at my Pokeballs for a bit… by then it was probably best not to stay near the basement of the Burned Tower any longer.

Morty then stood up, and helped pull me up… We eventually left the Burned Tower, with an unshaking feeling that the old man did not just disappear for good… not when his spirit is still down there....

After that day, we never went back to the Burned Tower. Morty approached the dancers later to ask them about the old man. They eventually confessed, but not to others, only to Morty. The rest of the time, however, the dancers kept their secret about the old man. Morty wasn’t the same after that for a while… the story spread around, but most never believed the story. People denied it as just an elaborate ghost story to explain the reason why the tower burned down.

Everything was back to normal, as if nobody died, and even the delivery van was back to its rounds.

Every now and then, from then on, every night the Burned Tower groaned at night with the old man’s voice… the story of the old man may never be believed, and the old man may never truly rest in peace.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.