Lol

mzxrules

Question

7 answers to this question

New problem. The wibbly wobbly walls of Jabu Jabu are disappearing at odd camera angles, even though I've imported the Jabu Jabu scene from Master Quest. While I can just revert back to the old Barinade scene, I can't do the same with the Jabu Jabu dungeon. Thoughts?

mGYQIWW.png?1

I compared the mesh between both versions of bdan_boss_room_1 and noticed there were DA380003 8012DB20 instances in the debug version, while in 1.0 there were DA380003 800FEDB0 instances. I'm not sure what the DA display list command does but changing them might fix it.

As far as the deku tree, it's probably looking for textures that are stored within the scene file that aren't in the right spot in the 1.0 scene.

That is likely the problem with the walls of Jabu-Jabu, that fkualol found. The DA command is what makes the walls "wibbly-wobbly" and it looks to be referencing a matrix that is in RAM, and it is in different spots between each ROM, so that may be why it didn't work.

I'm using the commercial Master Quest Rom files rather than the debug rom so the pointer ended up being different (800FBC00). Changing a few of these pointers definitely fixed some walls.

The Deku Tree issue has been fixed by porting in the Master Quest's scene file.

• Like 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.