New project out of boredom.

Mallos31

Okay, so I've been bored with the general stream of life I've had lately. I decided to start back up on a project I started years ago back when TBT was still alive. I want to attempt to recreate as many of the beta screen shots from OoT as possible using my 3d modeling skills, my new-found love of texturing, and even trying a valid attempt at some MIPS. I found thousands of beta screens at http://www.jaytheham.com/zcw/Ocarina_of_Time_Beta_Content of course, JayTheHam having the greatest collection of beta and glitch information I've ever seen. There were a lot of completed things that are waaay different, and I just want to do it for fun. Possibly as just a ton of separate mods, or maybe one big one at the end. I just want some feedback to see if anyone would be interested in seeing the progress I make. If so, I will post it in this thread. 

There seem to be multiple Beta Dodongo's Caverns. Will you recreate all of them, putting them together if even some rooms seem to be evolutions of predecessors (the main room for instance)? What will you do for the unseen spaces between beta screens—imagine (as accurately as possible) what might be there, and to the best of your ability connect said areas to as many other beta areas as possible within the realm of reasonability? I.e. Beta Death Mountain Trail connects to Dodongo's Cavern/Turtle Rock.

That is my plan for the most part. I want to recreate just the screens for now, and then start connecting things by making them up. And like you say, with Dodongo's cavern, I'm going to pick the versions that seem most playable, and maybe tweak them a little. Some were far too simple, and some were based on link's ability to jump with a button so would be difficult to put in. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.