Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter by comcept USA (creator of Megaman)

DarthDub

Over 10000 backers, over $603000 pledged, two-thirds of the main goal. In less than one day. Holy shit.

And damn, this is the 4th Kickstarter I'd love to back, but until KS somehow manages to add Paypal support, I won't be able to...

Edit, also, game design by one of the level designers and music by the composer of the original NES Mega Man, art direction by, among other things, a character and mecha designer for Misadventures of Tron Bonne (and the winning Aero design for MML3! <3), (co-)developed by Inti Creates of Mega Man Zero and ZX series fame, etc., etc.

Edited by xdaniel
  • Like 3

Over 10000 backers, over $603000 pledged, two-thirds of the main goal. In less than one day. Holy shit.And damn, this is the 4th Kickstarter I'd love to back, but until KS somehow manages to add Paypal support, I won't be able to...Edit, also, game design by one of the level designers and music by the composer of the original NES Mega Man, art direction by, among other things, a character and mecha designer for Misadventures of Tron Bonne (and the winning Aero design for MML3! <3), (co-)developed by Inti Creates of Mega Man Zero and ZX series fame, etc., etc.

I think it helped that I posted it to GenGame's facebook page and they posted 2 articles. Wait, no, 3 about it. Gamnesia hasn't written anything about it though. Probably not til tomorrow.

The game's been funded today and has hit the one million USD mark earlier - with 29 days still left to go. Those PS3, 360 and Wii U versions don't seem very farfetched, now do they? :P

Also, as an aside, regarding that planned poll about Call's design... A Roll expy would be fine and fitting the inspiration, but Aero deserves a chance to live.

• Like 1

The game's been funded today and has hit the one million USD mark earlier - with 29 days still left to go. Those PS3, 360 and Wii U versions don't seem very farfetched, now do they? :P

Also, as an aside, regarding that planned poll about Call's design... A Roll expy would be fine and fitting the inspiration, but Aero deserves a chance to live.

Why not both?

Look it's Not-Megaman! Okay, I know that's not funny but I think he looks a bit too much like MegaMan. Maybe turning him green could work? I dunno. I'm a stupid grumpy-puss, I don't know what I'm talking about.

Wha-what's that Capcom? Is that jealousy I see, abuse your ownership of Mega Man will you. Well, the fans have spoken.

I pretty sure Capcom don't care. They haven't said anything.

Oh, wasn't aware of this thread. I am supporting this kickstarter myself, pledged 60$. Also backed A Hat in Time with 92$ which looks like it's going to be an amazing game.

Kickstarter is bringing back the classic gameplay and genres that is pretty much non-existent today, which is just amazing.

So Capcom only has $152 million in the bank, and Mighty No. 9 has gathered over $2 million alone in donations. Your move Capcom.

I'd like to see Mighty build into such a successful franchise that it prompts Capcom to sue, but lose the case, dragging them closer to bankruptcy. Nintendo steps in to offer a hand and purchases Capcom. Mega Man stays in Smash Bros. forever.

Comcept USA goes on to be a very successful company that listens to and respects its fans and Inafune continues to make awesome games until the end of his days.

Meanwhile, Square-Enix is secretly doing horribly, so Disney purchases them. Kingdom Hearts flourishes like never before! Super Smash Bros. absorbs Marvel vs. Capcom and transforms into Super Smash Bros. vs. Disney Infinite wherein Nintendo, Capcom, Disney, Marvel, Final Fantasy, and STAR WARS characters quarrel in a super-sandbox gameworld that can be fully customized to play like anything. Smash? No prob. Mario Kart? Of course! 3D adventure collectathons that span the universes of all of these franchises? You can do it.

Gaming will never be the same.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It's reached the $3.1 million goal now. It may actually make it to the next-gen console stretch goal, which is way beyond what I initially expected. I'll probably get it for either Wii U or PC though.

And they finally decided to add a stretch goal that I wanted, a stage for Call. Sad part is that it's at the $3.7million mark, which I doubt it'll reach in time.

Edit: Actually, I take back what I said. The stream will probably increase the pledge amount by a lot, and the speed is already increasing as it gets closer to the deadline. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it reaches $3,8m

Edited by CloudMax

Same here. Watched the entire live stream. I did expect it to reach 3.8m the last day. But I never did believe that it'd actually reach 4m in time. It did reach 4m when it only was about 15-20min left though, so it was a close call. And I managed to guess the top 3 call designs. F, E, H. (Basically that was my own top 3 list) I am very happy to see that design F won the contest.

I don't understand all the "roll ripoff" nonsense, they do not even look similar, at all. It's like I'd go around saying, "hey, it's such a Kirino ripoff from Oreimo", because in my eyes, they are more similar, but perhaps that's just me.

I ended up changing my pledge to 99$, with 20$ international shipping, reaching a total of 119$. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To those who still have a vendetta against Capcom for some reason, Inafune is fine with Capcom publishing the game. Now plz stahp.

No thanks. I'll continue to do what I want, because I have the freedom to do so. Also, just because Inafune would let Capcom publish the game, that doesn't even remotely make up for any shit they've done (ergo, people who have a beef with them don't have any reason not to).

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how it would.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.