Emulator Issue after Code Import

Airikita

Question

As the title suggests, I have a problem. I was modifying a code segment I found to do something else. The code shouldn't matter since it only warps the player to a new location in a certain map after dying. So, I replaced the debug section with JAL 0x80002130 commands, and it works perfectly fine in Nemu64. However if I change that part of the code, and only that change, starting the rom in Mupen64 or PJ64 causes the game to lock up, and not play.

The stupid thing to all that is that it's part of the code for the start menu/game over screen, and it shouldn't do anything at the intro cutscene as it is not loaded at that point.

So, what does changing JAL 0x80002130 have to do with those emulators not working? Does anyone know?

The section is in ovl_kaleido_scope if that helps.

It's a bit of a snag, and it's hindering my progress for my mod. If anyone has any suggestions, anything is welcomed.

3 answers to this question

Saguinetti suggested a CRC fix rn64crc.exe, but it still didn't change anything. It's possible there's an error going on, but I have no idea what.

There are still debug functions in the code, yet I only removed what I deemed unnecessary. Perhaps I should remove the other code?

EDIT:

This just confuses things more:

If I copy and paste the code from a clean copy back to where I changed it in the other rom, it will run fine in the other emulators, but keeping the changes to about 10 lines of debug code, the rom still won't load in the other two emulators.

It is the only change I have made that seems to cause an issue, and it directly alters the hex related to ovl_kaleido_scope, and not the CRC. I am only using a hex editor for this.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.