Best emulator, best plugins?

Rinku

Question

Hello there,

I've been using Project64 1.5 for quite some time now, but it works not as good as I would like it to work. I do very much testing, so the slow-downs and the buggy sounds are not very welcome...

The worst thing are the random crashs when opening the start menu. How to prevent them?

Like I said, I use Project64 1.5.

My graphics plugin is Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.1.

As sound plugin, I use Zilmar's Audio Plugin, while my controller plugin is Jabo's DirectInput7 1.5 (this one is pretty good).

What emulator and plugins do you use? Are you satisfied? Which one gives the best results?

It has nothing to do with this, but I would be afraid to make another topic to ask this: Is there any Sketchup plugin to IMPORT .obj? I would like to take maps from OoT and make some changes to them. I think JSA had such a plugin, but it was some sort of modified exporter plugin.

Thank you for reading!

5 answers to this question

Got all games except Yoshi's Island I use PJ 64 1.7 (probably the leaked copy for all i know). I use 1964 for Yoshi's Island. I use Glide Final, Zilmar's sound plugin and NRage's controller plugin. I couldn't use directInput for Quest64 for some reason. Kept tweaking out on me.

For obj exporting from Sketchup I used a ruby export script, but i do not remember what it was called. I have since uninstalled Sketchup, so I have no way of looking it up.

Nemu64 with glide graphics plugin (framebuffer emulation enabled) and the default audio plugin's settings on most accurate. I find it's less laggy than Project64 and the sound is much nicer for the most part. The controller plugin can't be changed (Nemu's biggest flaw imo) so you might have trouble with that depending on your controller (I use a Gamecube controller with a USB adapter and the only button I can't map right is c-up). Am I satisfied with this setup? Well... it works.

Start menu crashes only happen on OoT debug afaik and it's probably just because of inaccurate emulation.

As for an obj importer for SketchUp, I know I used to have one but I don't know where I got it from. I don't really feel like googling...

(My response):

About the emulator.
If you only need this for the OoT Debug ROM, you can use PJ64 2.1 with small changes in the settings:

For video-plugin, you can use Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6.1 (with Direct3D Clear Mode ON) or Glide64.

About the obj importer:
Put this in "Plugins" folder from Google Sketchup.

http://www.multiupload.nl/43FB612FX1

I have basically always used Mupen64 rerecording. I greatly prefer the features it offers.

-Input recording and rerecording. Great for making demonstration videos.

-AVI recording directly from the emulator. No need for external capture software.

-Access to all quicksave slots at once. I'd much rather use Fx to load, shift+Fx to save.

Additionally, I have yet to find an emulator that never crashes when pausing the debug ROM.

Jabo's 3D8 1.6 is my preferred plugin. It has the most accurate rendering for MM, though unfortunately it renders Dark Link's room incorrectly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.