Problems with Utility of Time

Gazu

Question

I've been trying out new programs for editing and modding and all that. I am currently trying to give "Utility of Time" a go, but I have encountered a problem at the moment that is actually really confusing me to the point that it's actually really pissing me off.Before you can really do anything with UoT, you have to setup to your emulator and rom file. That was done no problem. But after, you have to extract the rom to get the files. This point is where it gets difficult. I attempt to extract my ZELDAOOTMA.Z64 file, and it always gives me an error concerning about the value having to be between minimum and maximum. I really don't know what I am doing wrong. Does anyone have any idea? If anyone could help me. It would be much appreciated. Thank you

3 answers to this question

For one, that sound like a pretty old version of UoT, although I might be mistaken. I believe this here's the latest one available. Also, consider using a different editor for as many things as you can, as UoT is no longer being developed and is somewhat buggy. The only thing it's still useful for is, in my opinion, modifying the actual room models because mostly everything else - such as ex. moving and changing actors around (i.e. all the interactive things like signs, NPCs, enemies) - can be done in other, less buggy and still supported programs. And to get the blatant advertising out of the way - although I'd hope that people agree with me on this ^^" -, my own work-in-progress SceneNavi is such a tool :P

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.