Fixing broken instruments with porting MM music

Oowoon

Question

I've been getting into porting the music from Majora's Mask. I've been able to get the music itself porting, but I'm trying to fix the instruments that don't sound quite how they should. I've not been able to locate a direct guide to pull it off, and I apoligize if there is one avaliable, but my question is how to port the instruments from Majora's Mask into OOT Debug using InstEd, or any other tool that's readily avaliable.

Again, I apologize if this is documented somewhere, and I'm not exactly finding it.

3 answers to this question

I did this exact thing in my mod

i never fixed the instrument sets, but if you import the music into the higher values (the unused) slots, then the music sounds as it should, so there is no need to change it. Those higher value slots dont have pre-determined instrument sets so the music sound correct.

Check out Deathbasket's site as it'll list all the instrument lists associated with a certain music cue. Then you just go ahead and rip all the instruments using InstEd and follow the instructions on how to create a list and import those instrument samples into the game.

https://www.the-gcn.com/topic/1582-oot-insted-instrument-editor/?p=24998

That thread and post should help you tremendously.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.