BullockDS's (Mostly) Pixelated Profligacy

BullockDS

Hey, here's a general art thread I'm gonna use for my stuffs; instead of making new topics, I'll just bump this if/when I have something new.

First up, here's a LoZ: a Link to the Past graphic update: items!

Posted Image

Sprites from the left are from the original game (ripped by "Deathbringer" from The Spriters Resource), and right are my revamps. Now, some notes:

-Since LttP hacking is fairly limited and complex in comparison to games like Super Mario World, I'm not bothering to figure out how to change palettes (yet; I haven't found the editable palettes for these items in Hyrule Magic either)

-Some of these are entirely custom, others edited from pre-existing sprites (check the spoiler below for my detailed list of where edited sprites came from)

-I'm aware I haven't gotten quite everything yet (e.g. Fairies and Hearts); I'll get around to those

-Some of my sprites are more colorful than the originals, since the originals tended not to take advantage of the full 7-color palettes available (e.g. the Medallions and Bombs)

Comments and Criticism are entirely welcome! :D Also, I don't think I'll get around to actually inserting these myself into the game; however, anyone is free to use them, but please give credit if you do so.

List of edited sprites, sorted by source:

-Castlevania: Symphony of the Night: Moon Pearl, collar of the Magic Cape, Apple, Dynamite (replacing the Big Bomb), Book of Mudora, divider chain (but that's not too significant to the work as a whole)

-CV: Portrait of Ruin: Pegasus Boots

-LoZ: Minish Cap: Bow and Arrow/Silver Bow and Arrow, Boomerang/Magic Boomerang, Map, Compass, Zora Flipper, Magic Powder, Ocarina/Flute, Shields

-LoZ: Four Swords Adventures: Magic Medallions

-New Super Mario Bros: 1-Up Mushroom (now the Magic Mushroom... couldn't resist)

• Like 3

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm not quite feeling the Mario-style mushroom anymore either. So with that said, here's two solutions I've whipped up:

Posted Image

The left is an edit of the Mario mushroom, but with a thinner stalk and lacking eyes. The right one is semi-based off of the pullable mushrooms from The Minish Cap. (As a note, the only reason I'm making these mushrooms green is because the palette of the Mushroom only has one red, but two greens).

I'm personally leaning more towards the second one. What about everyone else?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

OH JESUS HE'S BACK HIDE YOUR FAMILIES

Posted Image

This is a little something I've experimented with recently in the Paper Mario style: giving Mario better sprites (because frankly his original sprite, while decent, is fairly sloppy). So I decided to give him some sprites that both resemble his Official Art a little more closely and look more consistent with other characters' sprites. I'm DEFINITELY not gonna do all his sprites (there's a bunch of 'em), but I may do some of his rudimentary animations (run, jump, hammer, etc).

BTW, the sprite of concern is the second from the left (second Mario); everything else is ripped by a fellow named "Retriever II" from The Spriters Resource and exist only for comparison.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.