Ocarina of Time Soundfont UPDATE!

punk7890

I'm not sure if all the instruments are correctly tuned. I keep meaning to go over the instruments and make an exactly mapped sf2, but other things are currently a higher priority. If instruments come out too high/low, simply transpose them an octave or two one way or the other.

That's what I usually do. Most of the time even though it's a pain, I separate all instruments into separate MIDI files so that way I can easily go into one and edit it without having to redo all the other instruments. So for example, I'll have flutes, trumpets, drums, strings, etc all in different files. In the long run, it works a lot better.

Sadly, their's no way of knowing the correct instrument ranges without some trail and error. If Zelda's soundbank format was like Rares it would be much easier. All the sample rates should be correct aside from the chanting. I just went by the games output which is 32Khz. If someone can take up the task of finding the right percussion ranges that'd be cool.

• Like 1

Sadly, their's no way of knowing the correct instrument ranges without some trail and error. If Zelda's soundbank format was like Rares it would be much easier. All the sample rates should be correct aside from the chanting. I just went by the games output which is 32Khz. If someone can take up the task of finding the right percussion ranges that'd be cool.

Vocalization has been a huge problem and takes a lot of trial and error for me. What sounds decent in game sounds like crap outside it. If I lowered the vocals track to where it sounded good outside the game, inside the game it would almost resemble a police siren in slowmo. lol But really, it does take trial and error and I just used the soundfont as a rough guide on how it'll sound in the game which is actually very helpful indeed.

• 8 months later...

Here is a high quality soundfont (from the original sample cds, not extracted game samples) found here.It's not all as I don't know where a lot of them come from unfortunately. I probably wont work on this more because it just isn't really worth it sadly. If anyway wants to make a better one feel free. All the raw samples are in my Drive here. I'll update the sample folder whenever I get more akai discs that have Kondo instruments in them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.