UoT Level Editor (Old Stable edition)

Airikita

Download here: http://www.the-gcn.com/files/file/64-utility-of-time-by-cooliscool/

Posted Image

Utility of Time is created by CoolisCool.

Is it both a model and map viewer/editor and is capable of modifying actors, maps, and even the ability to move verticies.

Known Bugs:

- if you open a zobj file, then try to open a scene and map file after, it will corrupt the collision data. Always close UoT and re-open it after viewing zobj models.

• Like 1

how do you get it to display the coordinates onscreen like that?

It might be part of "Preferences", but it's always on for me so I can't say.

I just run UoT and the settings are all set for me. Just play around with it until you find your way around it, I don't have a guide with me.

I had great success with UoT previously. I only used it on existing maps (no custom ones) and after each time you save, close UoT and reopen it and no more ROM corruption.

I am going to try this program out today then and see what I can pull out of it. I've always wanted to really edit the landscape to my liking.

I've tried editing landscape in ZLE2, but the problem I had with that is, you could edit the vertices but then the collision wouldn't follow. So the original collision would sill be there, but with funky walkthrough graphics.

Does UoT deal with the collision at the same time, or is that another step? I'd like to be able to put up some proper videos on this tool as well.

I had great success with UoT previously. I only used it on existing maps (no custom ones) and after each time you save, close UoT and reopen it and no more ROM corruption.

I am going to try this program out today then and see what I can pull out of it. I've always wanted to really edit the landscape to my liking.

I've tried editing landscape in ZLE2, but the problem I had with that is, you could edit the vertices but then the collision wouldn't follow. So the original collision would sill be there, but with funky walkthrough graphics.

Does UoT deal with the collision at the same time, or is that another step? I'd like to be able to put up some proper videos on this tool as well.

UoT does handle the collision mesh too, but the verticies for it are seperate.

Keep in mind that moving verticies are extremely picky, and sometimes you have to zoom the camera right to it to even move it.

• Like 1

I generally don't use UoT to inject files at all. This prevents it from corrupting the ROM. I wrote my own injection program, and though it only works with the debug ROM, it can also inject multiple files at once.

That sounds like a great little program Petrie, by chance could you give us a download link? After all it seems the vast majority of users use the Debug Rom anyhow.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.