OOT Rebirth Hack

HeavyZ

Alright, I went back and fixed a lot of things within my mod, and started working on new things so far. Nothing cool to show off yet.

I've given a lot more thought as to how I should approach the mod to make better progress than before, and I will mainly be focusing on three things first before anything else, rather than jumping from working on new idea, to new idea when I got one, or whatever was easiest to do at the time.

I'll be making dungeons the first priority, a few new items the next, and then new maps, and models.

Other things will be worked on as they need to be, or not at all until I finish everything else.

I've also decided it would be best to give up on editing the text, unless someone good enough decides to step up to the mantle of writing new dialogue. One of the biggest reasons I decided to drop the project was because I felt overwhelmed trying to get more things done than I bargained for originally, so that's why new text is being let go, along with some other extremely time consuming plans I had for the project.

I've got some major new idea's for the mod, I have more, but anything I don't list I'm still considering, or giving thought on.

1. Some overworld maps, but no more than 7 to 10 will be redone.

the new maps I've decided on so far are: Castle Town, The regular fairy, and great fairy fountains, Outside the Temple of Time, and inside the Temple of Time, Kakariko Village, and Hyrule Field). I'm debating If a new "Inside the Well" dungeon map should be done, or not. I've decided most other overworld, boss, and dungeon maps should stay the same, I could end up adding one, or two more maps to this list though. Most likely not.

Currently I don't plan on doing these maps myself, just giving the idea outline for them to anyone willing to do them. I will do what I have to do though. Right now hoping a few offers for help I've gotten are still on the table. Help is definitely welcome for making new maps

2. I plan on making at least one new item, possibly two.

The main one I will definitely get done is a new spell called Hylia's Light. It will have the same damage effect as a light arrow, but be more, or less like Din's Fire.

I'm considering the idea of making Sprint boots as well. (Maybe just have a fairy grant link the ability to run instead).

again, this is something I'm hoping someone else will contribute to the project by doing, I have someone in mind I will ask, but if they decline then I can definitely do this myself later on when I'm working on an area of the game I would like to introduce the new said item in, 

3. a few enemy's, and bosses will be given an all new look, and some even new attacks, but that's all I'm going to say about this other than the fact that no one should worry that I'm going to change up things too much. My main idea for the whole mod is still the same, OoT with the same story, and places, but a little different, with all new music. Kinda how people reboot old movies.

• Like 5

Instead of trying to re-create the Spirit Temple theme from Ocarina Of Time as I was intentionally wanting to do, I decided to go on with my own vision but still keep it in the realms of Zelda themed music. I really wanted a sad and heavy feel to this piece. This piece was heavily inspired by Egyptian and Middle-Eastern music. It was a challenge to make this version as the atmosphere could easily be ruined by wrong instrument choices, bad mixing, overpowering instruments.The only aspect from the original left in my piece was the feeling of desperation and that feeling of wanting to give up, or at least I think the piece reflects it in a very subtle way.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.