OOT Rebirth Hack

HeavyZ

Beating the scrubs doesn't actually open the door. You might want to look into that.

The torch in the basement is a golden torch stand. You can't light it with a stick.

The room with the blue switches and wallmasters has something very weird going on with it. The door is attached to the clear trigger, but it doesn't save that the room was cleared.

@petrie911

Oh It's been a while and I've changed things several times, sorry. The golden torch stand will light when you find the eye hidden in the webs

And maybe the immortal dummy scrub I put in their is keeping a clear trigger from being activated? I'll look into it soon.. i'm not too worried about the blue switches, but If I can fix it I will.

@Tommy

Thanks man, and yeah I didn't know about Izou Zelda recently coming out before either. I haven't been getting online much as of late. So, no wonder not a lot of people are interested, That game looks amazing and epic, but then again look who all has been working on it.

• 5 weeks later...

Looking for help with my project, if you wanna be a part of it. I would be extremely motivated again if I could get some help. 

Specifically I'm looking for people and help with these things:

A writer to help write the dialogue and text - There's a lot of text!

Someone to port models with xdans Model2N64 tool once he finishes making it so that new models are hardware compatible.

Though it doesn't have to be the same person I'd like someone who can make models as well.

This position has been filled by Tommy!

And mostly I need someone who can manually port the music I've made. To manually port the music you would need to use information in this thread

https://www.the-gcn.com/topic/2369-audioseq-and-code-notes-debug/?do=findComment&comment=44392

Edit:

It would also be awesome if someone was willing to edit some animations, and speed values for a few enemies, and was able to find the speed values for enemies/bosses that I cannot provide values for. I do have a small list of enemy speed values, but it's not all too big.

Jason777 is helping with the speed, and health values.

I still need someone who can do animations.

Do it when you feel like it haha, there's no rush. As long as I can port music without being limited I can switch between that, and editing the dungeons to stay busy.

I know I got Tommy! that's supposed to help me, and all, but I took a crack at manually putting a song in the ROM. If the first pointer in the audioseq pointer is 00, then I should have guessed the right one "2" was the 3rd pointer listed. Still I copied the zseq data from my Wind Waker Hyrule Field song, pasted over the same size of hex (My new song is actually shorter than the old one in Hyrule Field) fixed the length in the pointer, and whatever data was left over from the old Hyrule Field song got turned into zero's just in case what I had done already worked and I could use that left over junk as free space for something later, yet when I tried to boot the ROM in Nemu it didn't work, and Nemu crashed.

Well I'm focusing on making new music once again. I have two questions for anyone reading this. Would anyone like me to change my WW overworld theme in Hyrule Field to the overworld theme in ALTTP? Or is there a way I can use both songs, one used when child Link, and the other Adult?

If no one comments, then I guess I'll just edit this post with some new videos between today, or the next few days.

Otherwise new post with new stuff

I wanted to show off some videos of some new songs, but I tried making a few and they will need major work. JamesAndrewHarris is currently working on a new song to go into the mod. So, if he decides to do more, then it will feature a few entirely new tracks, not just songs from other games with the same, or new instruments set to each track of the songs.

I've been going through idea's of what new items I could possibly make for the mod. Two that I might go with are the Red, and Blue Rings from Zelda 1. Though these rings will not change tunic color. This isn't an idea that I have made my mind up on yet, and even so I may make even a few more items.

Jason777 is working on getting me speed values for specifically the bosses currently, and even a few enemy's. He is also working on getting a real cool idea I had for the mod done! Making the Bow more like Zelda 1, so that it will take rupees to shoot arrows! He is working on those things at a very slow pace though, as he told me he would because he is busy in RL.

I will be adjusting the size of the wallets to make this idea work, as well as editing the prices for items in the shops.

I will be working on getting the Bow to work with Child Link, and I've already figured out how to get the Mirror Shield to work with Child Link as well. So I shouldn't really have to say both of those things will be implemented in the mod as well, and I will be posting up some pics after I get some things done. Arikita has helped me out a lot when I didn't even know how to get the Mirror Shield to work for him in the first place, and Flotonic sent me a helpful reply when I needed further help after running into a problem getting the shield to work with Child Link.

And the Slingshot will be taken out of the game completely, there will be no need for it. That's all for now, I will update things later!

• Like 2

Major thanks to Strati, and Arikita for helping get this far. Eventually I will get it fully operational, and edit the size it is for Child Link. This was pretty much just a test. Though I have the hard part over with B-)

The textures in the shield you see their look like that on a clean rom for me on my laptop anyways, so it's not part of something I did wrong.

2ur6oti.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like the silver is missing. If you want to resize it, you might have to be careful because of the light effect when you get the ice or fire from Twinrova, but idk how that would work out... I'm sure there's something...

It looks pretty badass while it's big like that, Link looks like a bawss.

Nope it's either my Nemu video plugin settings, or it's my graphics card that makes it look like that. Everything was done perfectly. And I would but there's the problem that part of his hair sticks out of the shield when you press R, and  other small things like that. Though you won't be using it to fight Twinrova, you will need it for puzzles using light switches

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to post about this when I had more to show/talk about, but it may be at least until the end of this week, or this weekend until I have more updates now that I'm working on music for ZB2, as well as trying to keep up a social life, job hunt, and work on my mod.

Jason777 did an awesome mod for ZR that I'm absolutely stoked to incorporate into it. The arrow rupee decrement mod. Basically he made it so that for every Arrow that is fired a single rupee is taken away. Just like Zelda one! He also took away the Arrow count for both the Bow in menu, and for whatever C button the Bow is used on.

I'm going to be doing lots of things to make good use of this.

1. Take away the Slingshot, and make Child Link able to use the Bow as well as Adult, it will be the first major dungeon item in the slingshots place.

2. Adjust wallet sizes. I'm thinking 30 like the standard quiver is good, 70 for the second wallet, and (it's gonna be extremely hard to get, and it won't be needed to beat the game) the 3rd wallet, only obtainable near the end of the game will hold a max of 250 rupees just like in Zelda 1.

This will make the players really consider how sparingly they use arrows at the beginning of the game. Especially considering they will need those rupees to buy stuff.

(Don't worry though, for dungeons that the bow needs to be used most for I will place enemy's in like Wall/floor masters that drop lots of rupees)

4. I must make it so Arrows are no longer dropped by grass clumps, pots, and ect.

5. Adjusting shop prices to make everything reasonably priced considering the change in wallet sizes that will be made.

I won't be able to record, or upload video for some time since my laptop lacks the specs needed to record on screen, though if someone I think I can trust (Someone I've talked to a lot before on here, and/or Skype) wants to record videos showing off new things for ZR, and send them to me, then that would be much appreciated.

Edit:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I'll be changing what enemies are damaged by the bow, and how much damage it does for some enemies used a lot in the first 3 dungeons.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Well I'm officially back, I'll be visiting the gcn daily again. Currently I'm at work on break, and I can't stop thinking about picking up my mod, and working on it when I get home. I already know what I want to start doing, and what I shold tackle in order to get this thing done as fast as I can. I'll post up progress, and thoughts on everything related after some time. Good to see mostly everyone is still here

• Like 2

I would definitely like that, especially since someone told me that xdan got custom maps working on hardware for the most part, but I don't know if that is true 100% I was still around when we got custom models up and going. Anyways thanks for the offer Sairugoth. I'll definitely pm you sometime

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.