Remapping buttons/Making Dpad usable/More than 3 C items

Jabba

Question

I was wondering if its at all possible to use more than three C-button items. For example, if you wanted to have the three items in < v > and have say your slingshot as your b button? 

The main reason I was thinking about it was because I was wondering if the D pad was usable? My initial idea was thinking about mapping items from the equipment subscreen to it and access them without having to pause the game.

I have a feeling its probably a hefty task and the answer will be something like "You have to do ASM" lol.

Suggestions?

3 answers to this question

You would have to clone the code for the HUD for the C-buttons, design your own textures, map the textures, and re-position the newly-created hud to wherever you want it.

You would also have to make the items map differently to the d-pad also, or else you just have 2 c-button HUD icons.

It becomes a bit complicated, but surely it's likely possible. You will have to add a new routine when the D-pad is pressed in the item menu, or change what the input is supposed to be. It might be a simple byte change.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.