Issues with Voyager and Questions

giadrosich

Question

Okay, I'm having some people do testing on the ROM right now from my youtube channel, and I've gotten some reports back from them about things. There are very mild spoilers for the game, however, no story spoilers, so read at your own risk depending on how you want to experience the hack.

First Issue: Grottos

Way back when I first learned about exits and all that good stuff, I had this idea that I would use the grottos as a sort of warping point to get from one part of the field to the other as a thing to apologize for not learning Prelude until way later on, and not learning Serenade of Water at all. This was unfortunately too complicated for me to put into effect, but now I have a very bad side effect going on--most of the grottos have become one grotto from the Lost Woods. Now...I'm not sure how to fix this because I'm not really sure what I've done to make it this way. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Second Issue: Zelda

This isn't really an issue, more of a question. Is there any way to have Zelda check for the first Spiritual Stone? I would like to have her check it as an anti-sequence break.

Third Issue: Zora Diving Game

The Zora doesn't give you the prize when you're done with the game, he says the text to come up and get it, but does not give it to you. This is not mandatory to beat the game, so it's not a huge thing, but I would like the ability to get the silver scale just in case.

Fourth Issue: Stalchildren

For some strange reason, the stalchildren cannot be killed. You hit them, and they slide backwards for infinity. O.o Just what.

If any more issues pop up, I will be posting them in here in this thread.

8 answers to this question

I wonder if adding actors to Hyrule Field messed up the spawners for those things. They are spawned really strangely compared to everything else, maybe they have flags that are being messed with. God that was a rambling mess. 

EDIT: Whoa. I didn't finish the video at first because I was watching Castle, but I decided to pause and finish. I think I was right. They're spawning, but not going back down... there's something being cancelled out...

I have no idea. I don't really mind, it just looks really stupid.

I also have another question, is there any way to get biggoron's sword before getting giant's knife? I've spawn a chest in Hyrule field that is supposed to have biggoron's sword in it, but it comes out as the giant's knife even though the text says it's biggoron's sword. Is this just a matter of having to go through the item trade, or can I just put a claim check in there and it be okay?

I know there's a solution to that but I don't remember it exactly. There's a flag set near the start of the file data iirc (around 8015E660) that determines whether or not you have the Biggoron's Sword or Giant's Knife and as long as the sword is in your inventory and you have that flag set, you should have the Biggoron's Sword. Have a look around there when you have/don't have the sword and see what changes.

The gameshark code that DeathBasket is talking about is this:

8015E69E 0001
... However, I want to be able to just get the Biggoron's Sword out of a chest. I actually think I can make a hack to do that without having to track down that flag which tells whether or not you have completed the quest. I'll try writing it tonight.

The gameshark code that DeathBasket is talking about is this:

8015E69E 0001
... However, I want to be able to just get the Biggoron's Sword out of a chest. I actually think I can make a hack to do that without having to track down that flag which tells whether or not you have completed the quest. I'll try writing it tonight.

Awesome, that's exactly what I want to do, just get it out of a spawned chest after defeating something. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.