Questions about a few ideas

Jabba

Question

I had a few more ideas, but sometimes I forget them before I get to the bored, so I just thought I'd ask the rest of questions in one thread instead of a million.

So, basically, one idea, which maybe doesn't sound as feasible, or well maybe not as simple. Is importing objects and giving them their own waypoints. Like say for example you wanted to import the horse and carriage from MM into OoT (is that even possible?) And give it a waypoint with something like SayakaGL? Would it be possible to do this with an imported obj like a car?

Posted Image

Number 2 Is there a way to get an NPC to follow Links path? Say for example inside Jabu Jabu, Ruto follows you instead of being carried. Or even something similar to the Kafei and Link sidequest where you take over the NPC.

How do you set off certain events to happen for example Kakariko village being on fire or is there another scene that is just Kakariko on fire?

There were two others that I forgot when I remembered the last two questions, but whatever

2 answers to this question

1) Importing an actor and giving it waypoints to follow seems like it'd be doable, but I've never tried that sort of thing.

2) There are some technical issues with this. You can have an actor blindly follow Link (Dogs do this), but the more complex the area is to navigate, the more sophisticated the path following algorithm needs to be. If Link needs to climb, the actor needs to climb. If Link needs to crawl, the actor needs to crawl, etc. Then if you need an actor to stay "alive" between say, the rooms of a dungeon, then you'd need custom code to achieve this.

Kakariko on fire is it's own scene setup (#4, if the first one is #0). Typically the way scene setups work by default is that there are 4 reserved for child day (the first header), child night, adult day, adult night (first three alternate headers in the 0x18 command list). Some scenes have their own custom code which overrides this default settings, but I'm not sure how they work.

I see, I see.

2) Yeah Im thinking like the dog. The levels would be designed so that the NPC only needs to do that. Like getting them from point A-B.

Another question I just remembered while playing through Oot. Is it possible to make an enemy explode after you've defeated them, like the same way a bomb explodes?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.